View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Recruiting players for Wed Night 3.5 DnD (Recruiting) 

Post Re: Recruiting players for Wed Night 3.5 DnD (Recruiting)
The post on the rolls needs to be edited. It really is 3d6 drop the lowest, rerolling 1s, +6. The rolls you have are fine.

Yes it really is anything goes as long as you can reference it. I would like to know what you want to use and get a chance to look at it before you use it though. Especially on the obscure 3rd Party sources like Kobold Press, they have some odd things.

I do gestalt PrCs a bit differently than some. If you take a PrC you pick which side of the Gestalt it levels on and you level the other class as normal (5 levels of Rogue, 3 levels of Assassin on one side/8 levels of Fighter on the other). You could also do 2 PrCs at the same time (5 levels of Rogue, 3 levels of Assassin on one side/5 levels of Fighter, 3 levels of Weapon Master)

Gestalt Multiclassing I handle in a similar fashion as taking PrCs. You have two sides that you can multiclass with. You can have a Wizard/Cleric that multiclasses into Sorcerer/Paladin. You would multiclass the Wizard with the Sorcerer (5 lvl Wiz, 3 lvl Sorc/5 lvl Cleric, 3 lvl Paladin)

I hope that isn't too confusing.

Tue May 08, 2012 3:52 am

I also have another player interested in being the 'face' of the party, so feel free to make a character with a different focus if you prefer.

Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Hmm, after a long time of consideration I've come up with a character idea. I do not know how much people have char-op:ed, but by your descriptions it seems like it wasnt a problem, which is awesome. My "build" is going to be a ninja philosopher, essentially. Since you wanted to review any materials before use, I've settled on the psionic human with a +1 la found in the dark sun 3.5 writeup in dragon magazine 319 pg. 26, and added the dark template from tome of magic pg 160, for a total of +2 la.
I'll go with a gestalt build of swordsage from tome of battle pg. 15 on one side and ardent from complete psionics pg. 5 on the other side. I'll also take the frail and shaky flaws from unearthed arcana http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/build ... rFlaws.htm if allowed, really to just get the ability to enter the elocator prc later http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prest ... ocater.htm (that class has some serious strangeness going on, with a prerequisite feat having a higher bab requirement than the prc itself, and you'd be a personal angel if you could waive the spring attack prereq, but its just so damn cool). I am going to pick the darkstalker feat from lords of madness pg. 179 as well. Outside of this, all of my character options will obviously be from Bo9S, C psionic, Exp Psi handbook and core.
Critique is welcomed.

As far as background goes I'll envision him as being from some place with a deep connection to the plane of shadow. Making him not be a mary sue will probably be a lot of work though, but ill think on it until tomorrow.

Hmm, your new post came just as i was typing this. I'll stick to the build, since i would only have been able to be a second rate diplomancer at best. I could just focus on the other aspects of the character

Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 pm

That all sounds fine. I think we already have an elocater in the party, or maybe we will next level.

I will point out that with the Dark Template you will be considered an extraplanar creature and can be banished back to the plane of shadow. That may or may not become an issue.

Get the character finished and get a final copy to me today or tomorrow. I'd also like to see your 100K item when it is finished.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Oh crap. Some really important stuff just came up, damn. It seems like I wont be able to join the campaign. If you still have a spot in two weeks time, i can join, but not for the next two weeks it seems :/.
Sorry for taking your time.

Wed May 09, 2012 1:09 am

I was going to call dibs on the open spot but realized I don't feel like playing any more d&d at this time.

Funny how things happen.

Still. A moderately interesting campaign. Stealing ideas now.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11