View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 MARVEL SUPERHEROES Interest Check (have links to pdf inside) 

Post Re: MARVEL SUPERHEROES Interest Check (have links to pdf inside)
Keep in mind the advanced book is hard to read unless you have read the 16page basic set rules, which is also supplied in the link. And you can use the Ultimate Powers Book for a broader choice of powers.

Note; Mayhem server is down. Back up is the refugee server (i think that was the name), either way the name will be "Marvel Superheroes Advanced Character roll up", or something similar along those lines.

Last edited by ammocase on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

I have a question, the advanced book and the ultimate powers book have different roll charts, which will we be using? If I want a power from the ultimate book, will I have to make my character based on the roll chart there? I apologize if I am not making my questions clear or understandable.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

I have never used nor fully read the ultimate powers book yet. But from what little I read, and from my understaning, is that you will need to roll on the new powers chart since it has new powers and sets new to the book.

They expanded the list of character "types". And they have a section for generated origins. You can choose freely from the new types.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Server will be blackstar, I dont see mayhem or refugee server listed.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm

ammo312(at)msn.com

email to send me the character sheet (doc, txt, rtf)

Should have all the stats
Storyline and explanation to Origin (atleast a long paragraph, explan the origins to his powers, how he got his talents, how he got his contacts, what he did before he recieved his powers, explain his/her personal life outside his superhero life, where does he live, does he work, if not.. how does he make money, a detailed description to how he/she looks like (I'll be using this to describe your character in narration), and why he/she fights evil)

I'll be reviewing them, making changes to the stats according to the MSHA starting character guidelines (if you havent already).

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Comments on the characters so far:

Since the Xara (eddy) has a tricky life-form, I can see the reason why this would be left blank. So I can see me, or yourself, adding some flavor in some sort of telepathic link to the hosts as far as that goes (or, like you said, you can leave up to me how Xana's existence is in terms of background).

Deadwood sounds good (ninjadude). Background info is good, considering his lifestyle. Though I would want to know who he knew before the change. Any girlfriends? Family? I see some good story potential there. Not everyone turns into a plant-like being and doesnt have a past. Is there a wife looking for him? Parents worried about him? Was he a loner, and never had anyone, and his existence that he has now doesnt matter since he prefers to be alone?

Once the team establishes itself, usually comics start getting into the characters themselves. I can see a few sessions where some focus can be on the characters background, where for example, in the background he needs to deal with his girlfriend, and how she wants to marry a you, but he doesnt seem to have time for her, and he doesnt know how shes going to deal with him being a "superhero". People in the background, and the motivation for the hero, has always been a solid story point in comics.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 am

is room left i would like to play

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 am

I e-mailed you some additional background. also, would it be possible to carry the seeds listed in the plant control section? im asking because he has zero resources, so i dont know if i have access to some of them

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:26 pm

We are full right now. Though I will keep a waiting list and will contact via private message if I need more players.

The first game will start next week after the July 4th weekend. Thats the 13th of July. That should be enough time for people to send me in their characters for review and for possible edit, and for me to tie in everything with the advanced rules.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I would like to join, actually my cuz was playing wit you guys and I love rping and marvel. So it seems like something I could have some fun with.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next