View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Any interest in a (second) weeknight Kingmaker AP game? 

Post Any interest in a (second) weeknight Kingmaker AP game?
Hello,

I'm currently running a weekly Kingmaker AP game with six players on Tuesday evenings. After the game filled up, there were several others who asked about joining.

Given the additional interest, as well as the fact that I already have game data entered into OpenRPG for the current group, I would be willing to run a second instance of Kingmaker on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday evenings from around 7:00 to 10:00 PM US Central time.

Since successfully playing through an AP requires dedicated and dependable players, and assuming that there are at least four people interested in this, we would not start playing Kingmaker right away. I would like to use the first two sessions as "get to know the players and DM" time where I'd run a low-level module with the players creating "throw-away" characters. Then, hopefully the group will have solidified somewhat with those remaining having decided that they want to continue on and begin Kingmaker with their "real" characters.

Please post replies in this thread indicating interest. Once we have a better idea of the general level of interest, we can firm up the session time, exchange email addreses, etc.

Note that I will give priority to those who previously PMed me about joining the original game after it filled up and who are still interested in playing.

Andy

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Post Re: Any interest in a (second) weeknight Kingmaker AP game?
Let me just take a moment and say that acollins is a pretty damn good DM, he's got a very good grasp of the game and is pretty good at herding a group of sometimes unruly players. If you like pathfinder you'll have fun with this guy.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I'd be good for a friday game. Been looking for something on that day for awhile.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:03 pm

I could do a Friday game as well, been wanting to try out a Kingmaker game since I first saw the AP on Paizo's website.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:47 pm

I would love to play in this, but I don't think I could do that time on Friday. It's clear right now, but at the end of January I'd be going back to work and School (I work at school), and wouldn't be able to start until 8 on Fridays.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:16 am

I'm still currently free on those days.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:06 pm

im not the biggest fan of learning pathfinder i prefer straight 3.0 or 3.5 but i would like to game more. im free weeknights.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Heck yeah! I'd love to play!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 pm

OK, it looks like we have at least four or five interested people.

Let's set the game day and time to Fridays from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM US Central time.

Jaedlyn, AQX, and pistolpetepeterson, please send me a PM with your email address. I already have email addresses for mikal and AstarteFox.

If everyone is available this Friday, 12/16, we could have our first (of two) introductory sessions then. Depending on availability, we could have the second session on 12/23 or 12/30 or wait until 1/6/12 if necessary. I realize that some may have holiday commitments during the last couple of weeks of December.

To repeat from my intro post in this thread, we will start as a group playing through a module using "throw away" characters just to get a feel for each other. I will post character creation instructions separately.

Andy

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Following are my standard Pathfinder AP character creation rules, which we will use both for your intro session "throw-away" characters as well as your "real" Kingmaker characters.

A first-level character with 0 XP, a non-evil alignment, and average starting gold for his or her class to spend on weapons, armor, equipment, and supplies shall be created. (Note: each Kingmaker PC will be given a riding horse with saddle and tack at the start so no need to spend starting gold on those.)

Ability scores shall be purchased using 15-point-buy (standard fantasy).

First-level HP shall be the full hit die of the character’s selected class plus the character’s con modifier.

The character shall select a favored class. Whenever the character takes a level in their favored class, the character gains either one additional HP or one additional Skill Point.

All core rulebook races are allowed. Additionally, the following bestiary races (without racial hit dice) are allowed: Aasimar, Tengu, and Tiefling. The Drow, Noble Drow, Duergar, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kobold, Merfolk, Orc and Svirfneblin races are not allowed.

All core rulebook classes are allowed. Additionally, the base classes defined in the Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat (with the exception of the Gunslinger class) are allowed.

The character shall select two traits from separate categories or sub-categories (possibly including one campaign trait from the Kingmaker AP Player's Guide for the "real" PC). Note that the “Rich Parents” trait is not allowed.

The medium XP progression will be used.

Base HP for each even level shall be the (class hit die / 2). Base HP for each odd level starting at level 3 shall be the (class hit die / 2) + 1. So, for example, a class with a d8 hit die would gain the following base HP at each level:

Level 1: 8
Level 2: 4
Level 3: 5
Level 4: 4
Level 5: 5, and so on.

Last edited by acollins46805 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 pm