View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Anyone up for an AD&D game (1e & 2e hybrid) 

Post Anyone up for an AD&D game (1e & 2e hybrid)
I am thinking of running one. Rules are 1/2e Hybrid, All Races allowed, no CE aligned characters (and no Evil characters if we actually have someone brave enough to play a paladin.). Attribute generation will be via method V in Unearthed Arcana. Level limits are removed for PCs, but humans get certain bonuses to compensate. If anyone is interested, my yahoo sn is dweomorblade. aim is SkarnkaiLW.

The current plan I have is a run through the classic modules, since I am a bit rusty and unskilled as a DM, so T1-4/A Series and the GDQ path if game lasts that long. Want to play for at least a 4 hour block to get stuff done as it were. Mix of dungeon killing, and RP from the players I hope, though. World is default Greyhawk, but other deity pantheons are allowed/converted. Characters from other worlds are acceptable (assuming I can convert).

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 am

Post Re: Anyone up for an AD&D game (1e & 2e hybrid)
Alright, we have settled on Tuesday and Thursday, meeting at 1030 PM (EST) to hopefully get things rolling by 1100. No skills and powers. Cleric and Mages have some modifications to make them more enjoyable to play to an extent. Possibly have 1 or 2 more openings, due to usual internet gaming flakiness.

Currently have a Fighter, a Ranger, Monk, Cleric, 2 Thieves, and a Magic User. So feel free to play whatever you like.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm new to OpenRPG and I haven't played D&D in awhile, but I'm interested if you've still a spot.

I'm 6 hours ahead of you, but that's not a problem for me. :-D

Just to shake things up, I'd probably want to play either a Paladin or a Druid. :-P

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Well I think the group is fairly full right at this moment. However, given the nature of online play, I prefer to have more than less. If you want I can go over character creation and you can wait in the wings for a vacancy. Its up to you. My Yahoo sn is dweomorblade so get in touch if that's acceptable to you.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:42 pm