View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Home Brewed systems wiki 

Post Home Brewed systems wiki
I've started setting aside space on my own personal webserver to make wikipages of my own custom systems.

Using wikis only for my few pages seems like a complete waste of the feature.

So if anyone else has their own homebrew that they'd like to create a wiki section for, then just let me know and I'll get it all set up.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Post Re: Home Brewed systems wiki
I set up the wiki today using TWiki. I prefer mediawiki but my webhost offered a much quicker TWiki setup. It's pretty functional and I am going to end up taking advantage of a lot of it's features as time goes on.

In the meantime, here is the address.
http://tabletop.zeliepa.com/

Instructions exist there on the mainpage if you want to add your own system or even just a campaign for an existing system.

I've only used a wiki for my system for a single game and the advantage of using it is so big that I want to give everyone else an easy chance to do so. Really good for making crit charts and item shops more readable using the simple "| category1 | category2 | category3 |" table formatting feature.

Also you can put together your blank/example character sheet using TWiki formating for player reference quickly and also upload various downloadable versions for easy access(pdf for printing, XML for openRPG).

Hooray for wikis!

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm