View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

Tribes! Looking for Players 

Post Tribes! Looking for Players
I am looking for some cavemen (and women), who'd like to play a game via email and message board called Tribes. The game came out in '98 through SJ games, but familiarity with the game and/or ownership are not important at all--I'd rather have people who were completely unfamiliar with it.

The goal? Be the most successful member of the most successful tribe by reproducing, gathering/hunting food, and keeping you and your tribe alive.

Each person will play a single tribe member. Each turn you will make decisions for yourself and take part in the tribe's society. Will you be a woman or a man? Will you be known for your amazing hunts? Will you be the chief? Will you be the richest, sitting on your food? Will you be a merchant, selling wares to improve your stock? Will you be the most 'prolific' with child after child?

Nearly everything is up for grabs, as the rules are simple and are all behind the scenes. The importance is in how you play with others and how you and your tribes decisions affect the whole. Make laws, make spearheads, make war, make love. It's all up to you.

Will you survive?

Email me at mandor1784@gmail.com for more information or to sign up, I'm looking for players who will participate very regularly (3+ times a week), though participation is about as involved as you want to make it. Send an email with your 'turn' or get into the roleplaying and society of your tribe. It's your call.

Get your 'Ug' on!

We currently have 10 players signed up and are looking for 2 to 8 more!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:13 pm