View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Esoterrorists - looking for 4-5 players (possible PBP) 

Post Esoterrorists - looking for 4-5 players (possible PBP)
I'm wanting to run a esoterrorists game; a detective horror game based on the GUMSHOE system (although I'm open to changing this) where valiant investigators battle the terrors of the outerdark and their minions who attempt to deceive the public into weakening the subjective barrier that keeps the monsters of the outerdark away. Time and day haven't been set so apart from wednesday but I'm fine with running a play by post instead.

For those of you unfamilier with esoterrorists i reccommend pelegrane presses website clicky

I'm totally fine to teach people who are new to either esoterrorists and/or openrpg, so no need to hesitate.

Last edited by Hidersine on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 am

Post Re: Esoterrorists - looking for 4-5 players (possible PBP)
I might play if we don't use gumshoe.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:12 am

I can do that, any suggestions for a system? I was thinking that something simple like unisystem might be a good fit or possibly using basic roleplaying system (pendragon/call of cthulhu).

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:10 am

On the contrary, I'd love to play if the Gumshoe system is used. I fell in love with the system when I ran a game of Mutant City Blues several months back, but haven't been able to get a game together since.

I'd prefer a chat based game to play by post (which is very difficult when the players require a lot of action-responses). I'm free most any evening except Wednesdays, and would prefer a weekday night game.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 am

I'm fine to run either way but obviously both are mutually exclusive. Although that decision won't need to be made just yet, so we can see what the other player's opinions are.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:47 am