View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:06 am

DM 4ed DnD Forgotten Realms...(Recruiting one striker) 

Post Re: DM Forgotten Realms...gauging interest (Recruiting)
Ugh, lost me at 4ed. I like my d&d cancer free.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:11 am

Post Re: DM Forgotten Realms...gauging interest (Recruiting)
Your loss, I suppose. The commentary certainly wasn't necessary if it's a game you choose not to participate in, but just for you, the subject line has been updated to keep naysayers to a minimum for apparently what they feel is a waste of their time.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:12 am

Post Re: DM 4ed DnD Forgotten Realms...gauging interest (Recruiti
Id love to join you guys, i'll roll up a sheet and we can discuss back story after its checked.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Post Re: DM 4ed DnD Forgotten Realms...gauging interest (Recruiti
Perfect, I'd love to see your sheets.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Post Re: DM 4ed DnD Forgotten Realms...deadline 7/31 (Recruiting)
I would also love to join the campaign, if you would permit it. My best time would be tuesday however.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

I am still recruiting, Saya, post your sheet and the other information required. As a group we'll try and figure out when the best day for all of us to play is and then choose a date.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 am

Vesperus, Tiefling Blackguard

Mannerisms and Appearance: Quick tempered and eagerly willing to send more souls to the Raven queen, if for a profit even better. Tall and intimidating appearance, deep red skin, long dark black hair, and a long scar from above the brow to the cheek bone.

Personality Traits: Diplomatic and Charasmatic when necessary. Willing to harm herself if it gives her the advantage in battle, it's only a flesh wound. Always looking for stronger opponets to test her skills against.

Background: In west Loudwater born and raised. On the streets where I spent most of my days, punching out, thrashing, fighting all fools and slashing some dwarves outside of the saloons. When a couple of gnomes who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood, I got into one little fight and my mom got scared and said “you’re moving with your auntie and your uncle don’t despair” I whistled for a cart and when it got near I saw a sign that said “fresh” and it had spice in the rear. If anything I could say that this cart was rare, but I thought nah forget it yo homes to waterdeep. I pulled up to a house around 7 or 8 and I said to the driver “yo homes smell ya later” Looked at my kingdom and I was finally there to fight all the gnomes and not give a care.

Currently back in my birthtown of Loudwater at the Fisher’s Friend Pub on a "diplomatic mission" to find Clavius Whispwhistle who owes a crime boss back in Waterdeep alot of money.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:31 am

Sumi wrote:
Background: In west Loudwater born and raised. On the streets where I spent most of my days, punching out, thrashing, fighting all fools and slashing some dwarves outside of the saloons. When a couple of gnomes who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood, I got into one little fight and my mom got scared and said “you’re moving with your auntie and your uncle don’t despair” I whistled for a cart and when it got near I saw a sign that said “fresh” and it had spice in the rear. If anything I could say that this cart was rare, but I thought nah forget it yo homes to waterdeep. I pulled up to a house around 7 or 8 and I said to the driver “yo homes smell ya later” Looked at my kingdom and I was finally there to fight all the gnomes and not give a care.

Wow, just...wow. I'm not terribly sure how to respond to this background part. Clever? definitely. Unique? absolutely. Funny, sure for a laugh....but....not really suitable for a serious, traditional campaign in a lore-heavy realm. I smell Anialos all over this. Tell him it's cute, then post a a more relevant one, please...pretty, please.

I just have fears if I let it go without saying anything, I will start being inundated with all sorts of 90's sitcom theme-related backgrounds.

Glad to have you, Sumi.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:37 am

I have my sheet ready, but cannot post it. can i get an email to send it to?

Mannerisms and Appearance: Cold and aloof, but is warm and friendly once trust is earned. Short, light grey fur with shock of jet black mane, always carrying a staff and totem made of silver birch wood.

Background: Raised in a tribe of nomadic shifters, persecuted as a werewolf his entire life, at a young age Flint was driven away from normal society. In time Flint became dissilusioned with his nomadic life and left his tribe to wander in search of a purpose in life. It was in a mountain range somewhere, he cant't remember which, that he first communed with an ice spirit, and saw the way of balance, and carved his totem. Now, he follows his calling of spreading the peace and balance of nature to the entire world, and wipe out anyone who would prevent that.

Flint is in loudwater spreading his message and earning a few gold to tide him over on his wanderings. He is found performing simple medicine and jobs for a bed and warm meal at the houses of the people of loudwater.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:01 pm

Background: I was born in a small village near Loudwater and at a young age my parents were murdered and I was forced to live on the streets. My Tiefling heritage caused alot of problems and fighting was almost an everyday occurance. I ended up leaving my village and moving to Waterdeep where I hoped I would be more accepted. I lived day to day doing whatever I could to survive and was proud of the Tiefling Heritage even though many shunned me. The only place I found acceptance was with a local cult of the Raven Queen. This is where I learned to do whatever it took to help lost souls meet their destiny. To make ends meet I became a Mercenary and would even take bounty hunting jobs when they came up. Overtime I yearned to find tougher opponents to test my skills and prove that Tieflings aren't an inferior race. My long term goal is to become a hand of the Raven Queen and bring her greatest enemies to justice.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 am