View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Experienced Player looking for available game 

Post Experienced Player looking for available game
My time frame of availability is monday, wednesday, and saturday in any time frame of afternoon or evening. Mornings can be discussed or AM hours as well.

My current skill and exceptional knowledge is as follows:
D&D 3.5
Pathfinder
New World of darkness (all types except vampire)
Final fantasy RPG (Returners percentile style)
Mutants and Masterminds (latest edition)
Big Eyes Small Mouth (3rd edition)
Scion

My contact list of available messengers are also listed upon my profiling if requesting a personal contact. Just one request, no mic or cam use.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:25 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Experienced Player looking for available game
bump

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile YIM

Howdy,

Figured I'd add on in here if that's alright... maybe if we get enough players requesting a game, well attract a DM. lol

I too am looking for another game or two. I don't quite have the variety of jam in systems though:

Expert in 3.5
Moderatly familiar with PF
Played M&M once but really liked it (IRL though)
Also played FFRPG once, HUGE fan of FF, really disappointed that it was only 2 sessions after I spent all the time reading about the system and creating an OpenRPG node for my Gambler char (still have her even) Would REALLY like to play more!
Also played a few games of SW d6.

available times are mon, fri, sat 8am-10pm MST (GMT-7)

Laters

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:09 am

I'll go ahead and add myself too. I am very familiar with core 3.5, and somewhat with pathfinder. I am free almost all of the time, for now.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:25 am

eesh how does anyone get players here if players can't find gm's?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 am
Profile YIM

Hey there

It might sound like more work for you, but actually going to a GM's posted thread and responding to their game shows you care enough to put forth some effort...

The reality is that there are a ton of people who want to play, but not that many willing to put in the work of GMing. So you are in a GM's market, not a players'.

Also, new people online tend to be, not always but tend to be, flaky... so most GMs will go with people they already know over some new guy/gal. If you think the GM is worried about investing time in you just so you can flake, you might try to do things that will show the GM you are committed and willing to be a good player for them. Reading their threads, reading background material, being prepared, having ideas ready, all of these show interest.

Hope you find a good game to get involved in, I think there might be a 3.5 game starting on Wednesdays on the Mayhem server, or at least MjrBatou posted something like that on their boards, so you might drop in there and see what's up.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:54 pm

we have a game on Sunday night that is a long running game. 3.5 dnd. See the recruiting thread by Arkandus for Sunday night 9 pm ESt. We struggle a bit with this time slot of 9 pm till around 1 pm ESt but it is a long running game and I expect that it will keep running for a long time so if you are a serious player....looking for a good game.....we could use 2 more committed players!

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 am