View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

Mutants and Masterminds 3e Saturdays Recruiting 

Post Mutants and Masterminds 3e Saturdays Recruiting
One in ten British born mutants do not live to see their twentieth birthday. Some are attacked by frightened neighborhood mobs, many murdered in confrontations with other mutants,many more mysteriously vanish.

It has been two years since the 'Trafalgar Disaster' where an anti-mutant demonstration was taking place throughout London by the British branch of the Friends of Humanity, where an incredible and sudden explosion killed several hundred demonstrators and injured thousands more. The source of the disaster was believed to have been a mutant's powers, uncontrolled, emerging. This led to a rapid backlash against mutants and the enforcement of the Registration Act of 2018 to be swiftly passed by the current Government, that used anti-mutant propaganda as a main platform in their election. The Act declared that; "All those found to posses the X gene; be in the knowledge of any who do posses the X gene; or have reasonable suspicion of any individual possessing or associating openly with an individual with the X gene, must immediately bring the name or description of that individual/s forward to a recognized body or authority for registration."

An obvious backlash ensued, where street gangs such as The Friends of Humanity gained more recognition. The Police became less harsh on those gangs who targeted mutants, although it still isn't quite legal to hunt them, punishments tend to be progressively less harsh if incidents of mutants beatings are reported at all for fear of Registration, which usually means an inability to get jobs in the future and near segregation in society in every aspect. It's only set to get worse.

Where does a young person turn to if they find themselves to posses the X gene? Who will stand up for mutants in a society that so thoroughly hates them?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A little background above for the kind of setting I'm looking to run within M&M 3e. It is an all-mutant campaign based around survival more than any other aspect. I want it to have a RP as opposed to combat-focus with a low power level of 6. All characters will be between 15-19 and their powers will be emerging towards the beginning of the campaign. I will leave the option open for players to put a number of power points aside if they would like me to pick their mutant powers to give it more of an element of surprise as a flavour option.

As for campaign times I am GMT, so that may make times difficult for some people. The latest I am willing to start a session is 9pm GMT, so please keep that in mind then applying, and I'm fine with starting a session any time before that.

Ideally, if you're interested send a brief character concept (with or without powers) with a little bit of background (remember this is set in the UK) and what times would be ideal for you either as a Private Message or as an email to the following address-

hiddenmage@hotmail.co.uk

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Post Re: Mutants and Masterminds 3e Saturdays Recruiting
Still places left for anyone interested.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 am

Post Re: Mutants and Masterminds 3e Saturdays Recruiting
I sent you an email with character sheet and a poorly organized background. Let me know if you don't get it ;)

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:26 am