View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Player Looking for various systems 

Post Player Looking for various systems
Hi, everyone!

I'm looking to get a new game in, mostly just to stretch the roleplaying legs, so to speak. I'm in GMT-8, with my best availability being either Saturday, or Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings after 10 PM EST.

As to what games I'm looking for, I'm familiar with quite a few systems. I've done Pathfinder, D&D 4e, Star Wars Saga, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Dresden Files RPG, and am willing to pick up just about any other system. If you've got an opening, and are looking for someone who likes the roleplaying as much as the roll playing, toss me a reply or a PM!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:54 am

Post Re: Player Looking for various systems
I'd be interested in throwing a game together, players pending. Here's what I'd be interested/comfortable in running right now.
Deadlands: Hell on Earth
Deadlands is set in an alternate near-future, following a major world war. The war was started over dwindling supplies of a super fuel discovered in the 1800's, which turned out to be supernatural in nature. When bombs made from irradiating this fuel were dropped around the world, the Apocalypse took place and released terrible monsters and powerful magic into the world. Set 13 years following the bombs, characters fight to rebuild society and defeat the powers of evil for good.

I'll likely use Savage Worlds instead of the original rules, due to the speed and ease of that ruleset. There is also a new edition being released under SW later this year.

Mutant City Blues
MCB is a mix between a cop show and a comic book. 10 years ago, a flu-like pandemic spread across the world. The illness spread quickly, and many of those infected later started developing comic book-like abilities. Almost everyone on earth knew someone who became "heightened," so super powers were seen with a degree of normality and acceptance. With about 1% of the population exhibiting super powers, that also means that 1% of criminals are also powered. The law has had to catch up, and thanks to a concrete mapping of powers, police are able to collect "powered" evidence and accurately profile criminals. Characters are police officers belonging to the Heightened Crimes Investigation Unit, and investigate crimes by and against the Heightened population.

The rules for MCB are extremely straight forward and emphasize investigation over fumbling around and killing things.

If you're interested in either of these, let me know. I'm capable of running other games, but I think that these two are among the easiest to teach and run online.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:10 pm