View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Experienced DM Seeking "Newbies "Pathfinder Mon 7pm EST 

Post Re: Experienced DM Seeking "Newbies "Pathfinder Mon 7pm EST
I've come across some free time and would like to start working on a character for the game, whether I get to play or not. Since I'm an experienced player I figure I will fill the roll that no one else wants to fill. If I could get a rundown of what classes/style everyone intends to play I can get to work. The next question is for Reckless, is there any chance that you might allow me to stray from the standard/core classes?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:21 am

PhaetonPi wrote:
I was making myself a character (a rogue) and I was wondering if you would allow the Additional Traits feat.

Yes

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 am

Zalun wrote:
I've come across some free time and would like to start working on a character for the game, whether I get to play or not. Since I'm an experienced player I figure I will fill the roll that no one else wants to fill. If I could get a rundown of what classes/style everyone intends to play I can get to work. The next question is for Reckless, is there any chance that you might allow me to stray from the standard/core classes?

What did you have in mind?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:48 am

I will be playing a sorcerer. I am (or tried to make myself, we'll see how well I succeeded) good at helping the party avoid trouble, but not very good at fighting.

Are we planning to meet this coming Monday?

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 pm

I switched from Rogue to Bard (with Disable Device as an added class skill through a Trait, so you can see where i was going with that ;) ).

I also gave myself a Whip-Dagger, hope you don't mind.

And I could be there this coming Monday, if you were planning on starting then.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:33 pm

We won't be starting this Monday. However, I do plan on being on OpenRPG at 7 to help those who may need it, demo openrpg functions, and the like. I'd like to have everyone's characters for a little while (at least a couple of days) before starting. Firstly because I have a character sheet node I'd like to plug them into so that everyone's working with the same format, and secondly to work backstories/personalities into my campaign plans.

Also, if there's any themes/idea you'd like to see in the campaign, feel free to let me know.

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:36 pm

I have a number of ideas some of which are generic party fillers (ie Fighter or Cleric). The other ideas depend on what roles are filled. If we have a Tank and a Healer I would be interested in playing an Alchemist, from the Advanced Base Classes section. If we need both a Tank and a Healer, or back up for either, I would be interested in playing an Inquisitor, again from the Advanced Base Classes Section. Depending on how much/difficult combat is an Inquisitor might be able to cover both the Tank and the Healer role.

Aluminumfoil, if Reckless will allow it, you might be interested in the reserve feats, which can be found in the Complete Mage iirc. Basically what the reserve feats do is allow you to cast a generic elemental based spell (i.e. acid, fire, shock, cold, sonic, force) unlimited times per day as long as you keep an elemental based spell in reserve (i.e. still have one available to cast). The damage is based on the level and type of the spell you keep in reserve. There is a reserve feat for each elemental type. Using these feats would increase your combat prowess some, allowing you to cause some damage repeatedly between casting buffs or crowd control. (This is a just a friendly suggestion not a "You Must Do This".)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:58 pm

It looks (from looking them up on the internet - I don't have the book) like those are all for higher-level spellcasters than me. An idea worth remembering for when I get there, though :)

Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:58 pm

A question from Zalun about traits, whether or not/how many I'm giving your characters. The characters start with two (2) traits.

You can find traits about halfway down on the advanced new rules page.

As to advanced classes, the ones on the linked website (including all you mentioned) should be fine.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 am

Ok, I opened the room a bit early. It is on the Blackstar server

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next