View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

Dark Ages Mage 

Post Re: Dark Ages Mage
I would be willing to try this, if you can tolerate a character with anachronistically modern humanist beliefs about what is right and what is wrong and a willingness to uphold those beliefs to the fullest extent of my power and influence (including against other player characters if need-be). I have not played any of the systems you mentioned. I am familiar with the historical period. I lean towards the Ahl-i-Batin.

EDIT: Having just written an 1100-word background for an Ahl-i-Batin character, if I end up in this game I will almost certainly be playing one.

EDIT2: what's the specific date? 1230 on the dot?

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 am

Aluminumfoil wrote:
I have not played any of the systems you mentioned. I am familiar with the historical period. I lean towards the Ahl-i-Batin.
EDIT: Having just written an 1100-word background for an Ahl-i-Batin character, if I end up in this game I will almost certainly be playing one.

Realize your thoughts of modern stuff may not fit in the historical/medieval 1230s timeline. As long as you don't try to do any PvP or the like you're welcome to play. I don't need a book for a background, but I do enjoy detailed/interesting ones and will try to incorporate elements into the game if you give me some stuff to work with. The game is about the troupe working together to overcome the threats to themselves and the lands etc. Remember the themes of Dark Ages Mage. There will be other threats like from vampires etc too. I haven't decided the specific date yet, but the Dark Ages is set in the 1230s. The game will be set in the British Isles, likely around Avebury/Stonehenge etc.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 am
Profile YIM

any spots open still? I prefer vampire, but I like experimenting with any WoD

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:18 am

Zackan wrote:

Since neither of the two who've inquired/expressed interest have submitted anything there is plenty of room still. I'm ideally looking for 4 committed mature roleplayers. I will take upto 6 though. If I can get enough players in the next week then I'll do this, else I'll try something else.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
Zackan wrote:

Since neither of the two who've inquired/expressed interest have submitted anything there is plenty of room still. I'm ideally looking for 4 committed mature roleplayers. I will take upto 6 though. If I can get enough players in the next week then I'll do this, else I'll try something else.

Unless i happen to get invited to a dark ages vampire game... yes I am interested,

send me a pm or something telling me when and where

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Zackan wrote:
Zackan wrote:

Unless i happen to get invited to a dark ages vampire game... yes I am interested,

send me a pm or something telling me when and where

Read the first post of this thread. It'll be on OpenRPG Thurs nights 8 or 8:30 pm EST start time (player's decide one which is better for them) til 11:30 pm EST once I got enough players.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:27 pm
Profile YIM

Aluminumfoil wrote:
I have not played any of the systems you mentioned. I am familiar with the historical period. I lean towards the Ahl-i-Batin.

Realize your thoughts of modern stuff may not fit in the historical/medieval 1230s timeline. As long as you don't try to do any PvP or the like you're welcome to play. I don't need a book for a background, but I do enjoy detailed/interesting ones and will try to incorporate elements into the game if you give me some stuff to work with. The game is about the troupe working together to overcome the threats to themselves and the lands etc. Remember the themes of Dark Ages Mage. There will be other threats like from vampires etc too. I haven't decided the specific date yet, but the Dark Ages is set in the 1230s. The game will be set in the British Isles, likely around Avebury/Stonehenge etc.

I think I'll have to pass on this. I seldom get anything out of playing a character whom I would dislike in real life, and while I am confident that I can make a character that would be both enjoyable and plausible within the setting, there's no way I can commit to avoiding conflict with other players while I was playing such a character. Better that I stay away. I wish you best of luck with your game, and thanks for your consideration :)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Aluminumfoil wrote:
I think I'll have to pass on this. I seldom get anything out of playing a character whom I would dislike in real life, and while I am confident that I can make a character that would be both enjoyable and plausible within the setting, there's no way I can commit to avoiding conflict with other players while I was playing such a character. Better that I stay away. I wish you best of luck with your game, and thanks for your consideration :)

I see, well sorry to hear that. Alright well with only one interested player and no submitted pcs in several weeks I'll just give up on this idea and move onto other things.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am
Profile YIM

I have read the dark ages mages book But have been unable to find the base vampire book. I would love to play if you could refure me to the full rules.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:51 am

bob the 6th wrote:
I have read the dark ages mages book But have been unable to find the base vampire book. I would love to play if you could refure me to the full rules.

If you'd like to send me your email I can get you a pdf of the core Dark Ages rules since White Wolf offered it for free years ago on their site before they redid WoD. Since I didn't have enough interest in this game previously, I gave up trying to recruit for it.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm
Profile YIM