View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 pm

Simple System - Pickup game - open drop in/drop out 

Post Simple System - Pickup game - open drop in/drop out
I'm new to this community and you have all been very cool to me so far. Thanks to the devs for the program and to the players for playing :D

I'm planning on starting a somewhat-daily campaign using a custom system that I put together. The point of the system was to take on players new to role playing and be able to play for short periods of times by predefining most things into simple actions. The system is also scalable for advanced play. So depending on the group it can get very involved or it can be simplified to play a lot like a nostalgic game of hero quest.

I've got A LOT of kinks to iron out so I'd like to play a lot with a lot of different people. I probably won't have a good set schedule so I have to make it open drop in and drop out. So don't get offended if you miss a session. I'll keep posted if any time frame becomes more concrete.

I've been playing mostly in Blackstar because that is the server that I first played a game in.
If you see a room titled "Simple System - open recruiting" then jump in and we'll retcon you into the adventure!!!

I have access to voice servers but I'll probably play text and map mostly to simplify setup. I have some simple character sheets put together. If anyone wants to fix them up and make them more purdy or functional then be my guest :)

Here is a link to my google doc with the system. Feel free to give me feed back.
http://tabletop.zeliepa.com/bin/view/Main/SimpleSystem

This game is constantly up for revision and corrections. So feel free to visit the page again to see if there are any changes.

Have fun guys, and kill things with fire!

Last edited by lothar_RotA on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed May 12, 2010 12:20 am

Post Re: Simple System - Pickup game - open drop in/drop out
I've been dropping in regularly at about 3:00pm (EST) on Saturdays to start a game.

I think that I'll also be in every Thursdays at 5:00pm (EST)

I have gotten a lot of good feedback and I've been able to fix some of my bad GMing mistakes thanks to a few nice folks :)

I appreciate the interest so far and the patience. You're a good crowd. :D

I also added a player reference so that people don't have to read the whole set of rules to get started.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
***EDIT: google docs no longer current. Original post updated with wiki info***

Last edited by lothar_RotA on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Reorganized things to make them easier to read. Just use the links already posted above to view the changes.
:)

Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 am

Moved everything to my wiki
http://tabletop.zeliepa.com/bin/view/Main/SimpleSystem

Realized that I'm never on consistantly anymore. It's whatever day that I can make time.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:43 am