View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Interest check GURPS 4ED 

Post Re: Interest check GURPS 4ED
That's fine, been very busy over the weekend with my stepdaughter's high school graduation and such so I've only been pondering my pc and haven't built him/her yet. I guess I'll see about doing a simple one up tomorrow and see how it goes.

Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 am
Profile YIM

Been busy with my stepdaughter's bday and such today so I don't have my pc done up, but will work on it tomorrow. Has anyone else submitted anything?

Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 am
Profile YIM

I have one character in my inbox. I have an email of another player with some info on his character, but not a complete sheet. I am done with school, so i have time to read and finish up the Old West so I can finish writing up the adventure. Afterwards, I will start cracking and reading up on the advanced rules.

As far as my training goes, it should be mon and weds now, not thursday.

Wed May 26, 2010 11:13 am

That's cool, had a lot going on today as well with the kids who stayed the night and other personal things going on. It seems my life is never ending, so since you got 1 and half pcs, if you want to try starting up this campaign next Thursday I'm all for it, hope to get my pc done by this weekend now. I'm also open to meeting and just doing some character creation session tomorrow too if the others are good for it.

Wed May 26, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile YIM

Yea, I guess I can push this back for another week. I would want some reliability from the group though. I have heard/seen how unreliable online players can be, and I wouldnt want to spend time writing up sessions to have no-shows.

As it stands I only have one completed character. I'll post during the week about the status of this game.

Thu May 27, 2010 1:37 am

i'm working on my char. i'm trying to figure out if chinese martial arts included sticks like hammer and pick handles.

Thu May 27, 2010 2:45 am

I've finished my character sheet now. the one i sent you previously was missing description + equipment. Hopefully that adds another finished character.

Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 am

I dont really know about chinese martial arts, I train in Japanese Martial arts systems. Martial Arts weaponary can be easily adapted to other weapons, like the pick axe is very similar to the japanese kama. You can just write it up as a seperate skill and consider the character to have modified his kung fu around it.

When you guys do send in the character, can you type the skills vertically like on a list. Its easier to track that way, and if you can, can you have a section that lists all modifiers you get (like +2 + 1 to reaction for good-looks and voice, +2 to guns from the w/e advantage, -1 perception from the w/e dis, and so on). This will be easier for you to find your mods to a given roll, as well as for me to keep track of your mods. You are responsible for keeping track of your mods, if you rolled it, and forget to add something, you lost it for that roll, and if its a disadv you lose more then a roll, you will lose exp pts at the end of the session. In my games, xp points is like an oscar, you get it for roleplaying your character well as written by all his stats, dis, quirks, and story. Killing, money, and reputation will just giving you a high body count and some cash and pull in the game, but no xp (unless you have a storyline and or dis/quirk that has you chasing those things).

Hidersine is the only one who sent me a character with stats on it.

We can meet tonight to discuss the game and we can create the characters at the same time if you want, that way you guys can create a group that can mix together. If you want to take it further, you cann create backgrounds that can tie into each others storylines.

The first session starts with you arriving in a new built town (like in Unforgiven). I havent decided which town (I have to look through the Old West book, or any other source to see what can fit in this campaign as a starter town). You are looking for work and a place to stay, this may or may not lead you to meet the characters of this town, and decide who you will help, and who will become your allies or enemies in future sessions.

Thu May 27, 2010 2:22 pm

I just finished watching The Good the Bad and the Ugly. It was pretty cool. I never cared for Westerns, but this plus Unforgiven were good movies.

I like the pc submitted sheet with the Tuco-like character. It was well done. Tuco was my favorite character in that movie. We have to discuss one of your traits tho, the Gizmo ability is too cinematic for the game I want to run. I dont mind a little cinema feel, but I never like the "oh but I have this" out of nowhere abilities. If its for small items, and everyday things, its cool, but pistols, swords, lockpick set, and other large and suspect things is way too cartoony.

Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Darkness wrote:
Yea, I guess I can push this back for another week. I would want some reliability from the group though. I have heard/seen how unreliable online players can be, and I wouldnt want to spend time writing up sessions to have no-shows..

I agree, have had my share of flakes for games I've put lots of effort into in running in the past. Unless I get hired for a night job or start taking a nigh class for my Master's on Thursdays (which wouldn't be until Fall most likely) I'm intending to play.

You should watch the whole 3 part series of the "Man with No Name" which the The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the final chapter. That's the style of gunslinger I'm making. Good to see someone went with a Tuco style pc. That ought to be interesting how mine and him mix.

I run a Wild West game myself and recommend Fort Griffin as a possible good frontier town with bandits/Indians and other issues.

http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/forts ... airie.html

Fort Griffin by Dog House Games
http://www.doghouserules.net/recoiled/index.html

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next