View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Interest check GURPS 4ED 

Post Re: Interest check GURPS 4ED
5pm-9pm mst could work

idk what other people need though

Thu May 13, 2010 6:16 pm

I'm alright with future, but I am in other scifi games so I'm looking more for the past. A mix of some paranormal is alright, just not the primary as I got paranmoral gaming going on too to be honest.

I'm currently unemployed, but seeking new work, however, I do game f2f on the weekends and I run 2 games on OpenRPG and play in 2. So my only free day is Thursday nights after 7:30-11 pm EST at the moment.

If that doesn't work for the majority that's fine. I wish you all well with the game.

Thu May 13, 2010 10:17 pm
Profile YIM

i think we should definitely decide who can play first before we pick a setting.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:12 am

i was looking at gurps: atlantis, and it looked cool.

i'm not sure how many people ideally want historical and how many were just going along, so i think we better figure out who will be playing first.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 am

7:30 pm est start (5:30 mt) on thursday seems fine to me.

We need to pick the genre, everyone is all over the place. I dont mind trying to cater to everyones taste, but its not going anywhere.

I am all for Western, set it as a serious western to build atmosphere and detail, which can eventually have a paranormal feel at times, plus some other strange storylines involving Ancient Civilizations coupled with it for some spice. GURPS is never tied down to one genre, there is always the option for more as the game progresses. If no one is liking the genre as we progress, it would be real simple to introduce a time vortex, or the Infinity Patrol who recruits you into their agency to combat Time Travel Pirates (cowboys turned time marine) or any other seed to start a shift in genre.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:46 am

old west works for me. i was just worried people were going along with ideas from people who might not even be able to play

Fri May 14, 2010 2:53 am

What about something like the setting for the Weird West RPG? That is the West, mostly historical, but with a twist that includes a dose of horror and "other" stuff? Just a thought.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 am

Yeah, the Wild West is the time and place, but it doesnt have to be the main theme all the time. We can treat it as the way modern games are, where horror, aliens, and other things can happen within the time and place of modern (because I think Cowboys vs Atlantean guards would be fun to play out). But I would want to keep the strangeness controlled, and not in the limelight that it gets too out of place and we lose the Wild West theme too much. I want to plant the Wild West on solid ground before we take a little detour.

I was thinking maybe outlaws in a new town? Or travellers making a last ditch effort to get rich, or escaping a past in their last town, to find their new life in this strange western town. Well, this is up to you, but basically they are new to the town. Maybe they met each other in the trails and know each other, or not.

Fri May 14, 2010 3:30 am

I don't think we should necesarily be "cowboys" when there are so many other types from that period. "Chinamen" indians and hunters are just a few. there are also prostitutes and hangmen--don't forget the guys who took your measurements for coffins(they always intrigued me)

Fri May 14, 2010 3:46 am

i was speaking for me of course, if others want to be cowboys, i'm all for it

Fri May 14, 2010 3:47 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next