View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Interest check GURPS 4ED 

Post Re: Interest check GURPS 4ED
Yeah, I have run some good epic games here with stories that evolve and revolve around PC's, and a no-show and lateness leaves a huge gap in the story, especially when we leave off in the middle of a session. I learned to make sessions very generic so no character in the group will be missed. If this grows into something longer and reliable, I would for sure want to return to the way I am used to GMing, with personal character actions and influence in tune with the adventures.

And I notice the Old West sourcebook doesnt go indepth in an actual town. Its very Generic, as it should be since its GURPS and its not worldbook driven. I am not sure if I should base this on a real town, because I would want some freedom in creativity, and I am sure it will easily conflict with History. If anyone has any historical towns they recommend, let me know.

Last edited by Darkness on Thu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm

I've got a policy myself.. 3 no shows or no explanations and you're out and put on my "banned" list from ever joining another one of my games period. So unless I'm in the ER or hospital, I always give an excuse if something family or personal comes up. Otherwise I am there on time as I'm very big on being on time both professionally and personally. I love to roleplay and enjoy the genre (if you want to see my game I can give you a link to the pbp forum) so I intend to be there tonight.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm
Profile YIM

Keep in mind that there was a lot of racism back then. Mexicans would incure a -1 reaction to Anglos (Social Stigma worth -5 points) and chinese -2 (-10 points, you get +2 to other Chinese). Thats from the Old West sourcebook, so you have to add that to your characters.

Thu May 27, 2010 7:42 pm

there's deadwood if you want a town that you can really research and find A LOT of information on. i'd rather stay away from places where historical figures visited and/or lived, but i thought you should know of that town.
what time tonight,

Thu May 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Did you see the links I posted on the previous page? You can make up your own town using ideas or information from any place. Lots of good stuff out there. Going to go watch a few westerns and work on my pc some. What time and what server we meeting on?

Thu May 27, 2010 9:13 pm
Profile YIM

I think it would be pretty cool if we could meet tonight even if it is just to discuss characters.

Thu May 27, 2010 9:50 pm

7:30 I guess, or around 8pm. I'll be there at 7:30. I am having issues with my mouse right now that I am trying to work on. So I'll be slow with any responses.

Yeah I checked out the site Lando. I want an actual town, with maps already made, so I'll look at it more depth once I get my mouse working, as well as deadwood. I thought Old West would have some sections on towns, but they didnt.

Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Oh, i forgot the server and room.

Should be mayhem gaming, backup blackstargaming. Room should be called "Land of the Gun GURPS4ED".

Thu May 27, 2010 11:13 pm

I had a very busy weekend with personal family things and also was ill most of this week. Today I'm feeling lots better, but my pc is about 1/2 finished on paper, so I won't hold up the game, RL stuff is taking priority with job hunting and the like. Go ahead and start without me and I'll see about submitting my pc if you got room by this weekend.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile YIM

I never got any characters except one in my inbox, so I am cancelling the game. I was hoping to get finished sheets in so I can reread and finish up the session, but I didnt, so I am changing priorities.

Good luck with the job hunt, I know its been tough for me too, I just got the "thank for applying but...." email for a job that is way below me.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next