View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Interest check GURPS 4ED 

Post Interest check GURPS 4ED
The world hasnt been picked yet, and the choice of the world is open to suggestions (supers, space, ninjas, fantasy, horror, etc.), though I shine in serious themes, and unless there is a huge consensus, I will pick the best genre within the groups choices that fits the group and my gm style.

This will use the free GURPS LITE 4ED pdf for the game and combat rules until everyone is comfortable moving on to the more advanced stages of the game. The main character book supplements additional character traits. The campaign features advanced rules for the game. Players only need the free GURPS 4ED lite to play, I will teach the new rules and move on gradually as I move on to the advanced books, but again, all that is needed is the free LITE book, which is only 32 pages.

Post here or send me a private message if interested.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Post Re: Interest check GURPS 4ED
gun fu!

Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 pm

I may be interested. I like gurps (Provided gm's are competent with it and willing to homerule certain things, cause lets face it true and full on gurps is abit...wow....)

One question I have to ask first however. Do you intend to use skype/ventrilo, or some other form of voip for the game. Text and PBP are simply too slow paced for me, and I strongly dislike waiting 5 in the dramatic scene for bob to finish typing out his reply. It also add's alot to the game, it's alot more exciting and sociable when you can hear the enthusiasm in the other guys voice.

Wed May 12, 2010 12:59 am

I won't play if we use voice. There's no way to tell what's ic and ooc.

5 minutes really? play with people who can type

Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 am

I'm interested; familiar with 4e. My availability is probably more limited than others (i.e. kids, job) but I love the rules. I'm open to most anything, but prefer something with a special "other" like supers, magic, psi, or "fu".

Wed May 12, 2010 3:07 am

Not really Vash. It is very easy to tell if somebody is in character. Obviously the elven wizard isnt talking about wallmart or making jokes about mexicans.

(Im out if it's not voice. The pace is simply too slow, and voice add's too much. The excitement in the others voices, the sociable fun almost partylike feel of it. Hearing the emotion at the "Table", alot of that is lost or dampened when all you have is silent text as you companion)

Wed May 12, 2010 5:49 am

It depends on the consensus of the group about using voice. Personally, I dont like using voice, but if the majority want it, or dont want it, I would go with that. I have been GMing on openrpg for a long time, and I tend to (or more like built a habit of)running better games with text since I like writing out a lot of detail and being very descriptive. Again, its based on the consensus, unless we work out a mixed of text and voice.

The game will start with LITE and gradually build up to advanced rules, I am open to house rules if someone has them, but I am usually a "by the book" GM. I think additional sourcebook rules will change the rules slightly already.

Avialability is completely opened, as though it doesnt conflict with my school schedule. I am free mornings, afternoons, and evenings, though I cant run the game on sat or sun (unless its in the morning on sat). I have school for another 2 weeks, so my schedule will open up even further (but still not weekends). I am in est time, but I can work around late night for central and wst time zones.

Genre is again opened. Once the genre is picked I will start promoting and gathering attention on other roleplaying sites to pick up new players. Players are free to recommend sourcebooks or worldbooks that they want included in this game. So far i see Gun Fu, but so far no genre, nor what TL to start at.

Possible Genres:
Post apoc (I used to run GURPS 3ED autoduel)
Cyberpunk Future (also ran cyberpunk 3ed)
Space Future (high TL, will take longer for me to get ready to run though)
Supers (never ran one, though I feel as i have the creativity to run it well)
Fantasy (I have ran in other systems)
Horror (I am the best at horror GMing)
Psionics... with maybe horror thrown in
Modern Crime Mystery (Never ran it, and honestly dont know how well i would run one)
A mix of some or all of these... or Infinite Worlds.

Wed May 12, 2010 1:20 pm

I would be fine with a WW II era/setting game or something post apocalyptic or the like. I also do not like the voice programs and have used everything from Teamspeak to Skype. Folks don't roleplay using them, they talk OOC and waste lots more time then typing. I have played and GMed on OpenRPG for many years and I can type over 100 wpm so its not hard to convey what you want. Get a pc node setup, create some shortcut macros if needed or pretype some text in text nodes if you're slow.

I have some GURPS experience and I own 3rd-4th edition lite and full rules plus assorted supplements.

Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm
Profile YIM

i'd like cyberpunk

Wed May 12, 2010 5:40 pm

How about Tales of the Solar Patrol? Its based on the sci fi movies/radio on space exploration and future, where Mars and Venus is inhabited and explored. It stretches realism a bit, so I would treat is as an alternate Earth. Its very much like Flash gordon. You play a part of the Solar Patrol, a team of explorers who were commisioned by Earth.

Its a one book campaign setting. Just throwing that out there since it seems quick and easy to run.

Or, I can combine everyones genre into one. Seems like an post-apocalyptic cyberpunk world. There isnt a cyberpunk world setting for 4ed (that I am aware of), but I do have my old 3ed GURPS Cyberpunk gameworld book somewhere around here, and I can use Ultratech to replace the outdated gear to work in line with 4ed rules.

I can allow some psionic abilities from the corebooks in either one of these two. I dont want to stretch the game into too many sourcebooks (atleast not right away) so it wont be a full psionic campaign.

Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next