View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 pm

Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D) 

Post Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D)
NOTES: Sultoinnas is a homebrew campaign of mine, that I have been developing over the past 10 years or so. The world gets developed by the actions of the players, often, their decisions have world impact on scales they only learn about later. You may have seen game listings for this campaign in the past, some of these are still running, while most have since decayed... but in the end I have been the DM for them all. Use this forum for Sign ups and any questions. If you want, you can also PM any questions.

WORLD HISTORY/BACKGROUND: Just under 800 years ago the Demon Jel'kam had been released upon world, since then, the world as it was known came to an end. The world had been torn; powerful artifacts, unbelievable treasures, boundless alliances, and inmeasurable life had been lost. The only thing that is certain is that Jel'kam has been gone long enough to become only a rumor himself. Legends from every culture talk of his defeat at the Battle of Membleak by the Allegiance Of The Sun. While only 400 years since the Battle of Membleak, much more was lost since his arrival then was rebuilt since his defeat. Here your historic journey will begin.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Your choices for characters will be pretty much free. I own most of the books wizards has to offer or have access to the ones I do not own. I will accept most things, but everything unordinary requires my consent. Something to remember here; your creation does not make your character, how you play it does. However, a few things I do consider a little "broke" and will be dealt with accordingly when necessary. Characters WILL BE MADE IN MY PRESENCE, this is not some power trip or my way of saying I don't trust you, but I need the development to be fair, so no characters are underdeveloped. And yes, if you were wondering, this is going to be a group of heroes, that in mind, higher than average, non-godly stats should be expected. Something else I am in big belief of, is a character really developes the best when a player follows his/her own persona (i.e. don't play a dumb orc if you are natually intuitive or a smooth-talking rogue if you find yourself a timid person). Starting level will be anywhere from 1 to 5, based on some decisions I have not yet made... with ending level yet to be determined. Players will be chosen based on a few things, including their goals for classes, I believe there should be a decent balance of classes. This is a completely non-Evil character campaign (and the use of CN will be limited, too may people use CN so I want some interesting alignment conflicts). More information and details available after contacting me (I will also need to get some ideas of what you are looking for in the campaign, so I can tailor to the love of the group... to some degree). I love it when players have detailed backgrounds, beliefs and personas created for their players, but remember, if you are starting off the game as a lowbie character, your character may be less likely to charge in against... say, a Dragon. So the word to the wise is that you can't brute force win every fight and some you may just need to run away.

GAME DETAILS: The game will be played in OpenRPG, Tuesday mornings around 11:00 AM EST, I follow a 3 Strike Rule, good pre-session excuses prevent strikes. I have to do this to keep from having too many no shows, I am dedicating my time to make a fun game for the players, I would like you to be here. Experience will be processed after each session, if I have sufficient time, it will be done immediately, otherwise it will be e-mailed to each player in a day or so. It will be based on victories, role-playing, and contributions (someone who doesn't shut up isn't necessarily a good role-player, but someone who only says one thing every 20 minutes isn't great either, try to find a good balance). This is not first come first serve, but I will be looking for an intermediate skill level first, but should I not get a sufficient number of them, others will be welcome to fill the ranks. At this point, the new game does not have a definite start time. I am looking for only 4 players, this keeps each player very active in game and will require people will to participate. This game should be expected as a Mature Game and thus, players should be mature enough to handle vulgarities and sexual innuendos, while not blurting out obsentities in every sentence. Lastly, we are here to make friends, lashing out at eachother will not be tolerated, this is a GAME, lets keep it fun :).

Will be a couple weeks until we get going, just need to make sure we have enough dedicated players before I kick it off... sorry for all the rules, just years of experience coming out in one blurb... look forward to talking to my new group of players!

Last edited by Sebadias on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Post Re: Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands (3.5e D&D)
Sounds splendid. 11:00am is a bit early for me, but screw it, I haven't played D&D in a good while, but i like to think I'm a fairly experienced player. So if you will have me along, so to say, I'll join now. BTW I'm watching Face/Off right now, I adore this movie. 8-) I'll start jotting down ideas for characters, run you by several possible character types if or when we meet.

Sun May 09, 2010 12:58 am

I would be interested in joining this campaign. I have experience with both tabletop and OpenRPG games, and the time is good for me so I can assure my presence. Let me know.

Sun May 09, 2010 8:57 am

Okay good, feel free to post your class/race ideas on here as you get them... I'd recommend you post the ones you want the most first. Don't get too crazy with the level adjustment thing, though I do favor the Unearthed Arcana method of removing level adjustments at later levels. As far as starting points for your background/life history, I'd recommend you starting thinking a city setting; as your party is likely to start in one of the biggest cities in Sultoinnas :)

Sun May 09, 2010 3:05 pm

First choice is Paladin, though I'm also considering either a rogue or monk. Hmm, Chaotic Neutral rogue... Possibly.

Sun May 09, 2010 4:09 pm

I would be very interested in getting involved with this campaign, I'm looking for something good to keep me entertained for this summer (and then some, possibly). I probably am not as experienced in DnD as the others posting here, but I am looking for a chance to fix that. Anyway, should you choose to accept me into the group then I would probably roll a Half Elf Ranger (bow).

P.S. What time zone would this be played in?

Mon May 10, 2010 3:58 am

I'm leaning towards a Neutral Human Bard, maybe a Sorcerer, but Bard is first choice. Not hard to fit a Bard into a city setting.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:55 am

Hai o/
I would like to show some interest *Nodnod*
I would prefer a druid... but seeing as you want a city setting thingie, I could go for a Strongheart Halfling Beguiler.

I should mention I'm very much a nublet at using OpenRPG... so hope it would be okey to show me the ropes ^^,

Mon May 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Knowledge of the OpenRPG system isn't essential to playing, its quite easy to learn. As for my definition of intermediate skill level. I am looking for players who have played D&D before (so not competely new) up to players who don't consider D&D their entire life (so not an expert on every aspect of the game).

Yes, I will be online in OpenRPG in a room named Sultoinnas: The Torn Lands whenever I can, please feel free to drop in and say hello. The server will likely be Blackstar. No password needed yet, we will password the game after I am no longer recruiting.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

I'd like to get some more info from the players that have shown some interest.

Ragnar mention an interest in a Fighter, Monk or Rogue... Having a rogue in the group is always a plus, trapfinding is a biggie... but then again fighter dps is nice too

Raw mentioned an interest in Sorcerer or Bard, Bards can be so much fun in campaigns, the best ones can find something to do just trying to make a buck in a tavern

Thon with a Ranger sounds like a nice twist into the mix, rangers are not above living in a town setting, so long as they have some nature interaction.

Eiseth, we could make either work... the Druid or Beguiler, that comes down to your choice, granted its a town setting, but their is plenty of room for an Druid in town... even if not the most commonplace for them.

Basically, I really don't want to sway you guys away from taking what you want... take the best decision for yourself and run with it! We'll talk in OpenRPG... gonna try to have that room up most mornings, even if I'm not active when you get there, I will be back on eventually.

My setup for this campaign is coming along quicker than expected, so we may begin sooner than I had planned... oh yeah... we are starting at 1st level :)

Tue May 11, 2010 1:22 pm