View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 am

Warhammer FRP recruitment, wednesdays, 9pm GMT 

Post Warhammer FRP recruitment, wednesdays, 9pm GMT
Hi folks,

I'm looking to put together a Wednesday game of Warhammer.

I've got links for a couple of character generators, one being http://www.silverghost.me.uk/wfrp/ , and another http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/whroller.html . There's also a fairly decent downloadable one available. The first link is nice and easy to use, even if you don't know the rules.

Initial characters will be expected to die (especially as with a random generator, it will allow players new to the game to knock up a character in seconds, to see what's what). The first one or two actual sessions will be an introduction to the overall adventure, when players can make new characters whilst keeping the XP they have earnt from the first sessions. Should a player find that their character has actually survived, they may keep it if they so wish, but reasons that may affect this decision will become more apparent down the line.

Anyone wishing to pick their race and class may do so, following the standard 2nd ed core rules, but be aware that the mortality rate in the first one or two sessions is expected to be high.

Anyone interested please let me know. I'll be recruiting on wednesdays till I have a decent number of reliable players.

Wed May 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Post Re: Warhammer FRP recruitment, wednesdays, 9pm GMT
If you're planning on cycling characters quickly, you'll have to houserule Fate Points out of the picture. WFRP characters are virtually indestructible, since you have to kill each one about three times for death to take, rules as written. (Conversely, this tends to give you a party of maimed and scarred battle-hardened veterans by mid level, which is fun.)

I might be interested if it were six hours earlier or six hours later, but 9pmGMT is unworkable for me.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:06 pm

The time is a little mailable depending on the other players that I manage to get - I've had a few that were interested in the original time, but most of them didn't seem to want to commit, instead were happy perhaps turning up from time to time which is not what I want. I'd rather move the time a bit and see if I can get a better group.

The fate points won't be an issue. It's only the INITIAL characters that will be expected to die (although it's not fixed in stone that all will) - principally so players new to the system can toy with "disposable" characters whilst they learn, and also to set the scene. They are free to use fate points, but the details of their escapes from deaths need to be done well, if they're lame, fatal blows will become only slightly mitigated - such as to a severed limb!

Sun May 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I would commit to mornings or afternoons GMT, pretty much any day of the week. I am not available nights and evenings GMT. I know the WFRP system and world okay.

Sun May 29, 2011 7:57 pm

I'll see what other recruits I get, and let you know (I've also got a recruitment thread on Mayhem for this)

Sun May 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm intereasted as well, I have all the rule books so I can create charcters with some ease, as a Warhammer fantsy player I have some background knowledge of the world and I have had a few WFRP sessions as well, but due to lack of conviction they fizzeled out

Tue May 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Great - I've sent you a PM with a couple of bits of info, hopefully see you tomorrow night on the Mayhem server.

Tue May 31, 2011 9:47 pm

I think I have my charcter all set up but I;ve run into a problem even though I registered today it won't let me post up a comment over on mayhem for some reason.... I'll retry in the morning more than likely but wanted you to know I should hopefully be ready to run 2100 GMT Wednesday correct?

Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 pm

yeah, there's a 24 hour wait unless you manager to beg mini or metro into sorting it out. 9pm gmt wednesday aye.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:11 am

Hey Aluminim, just to let you know - after the initial session the players did move the time, but sadly only by an hour, to 8pm GMT.

If any games occur that are more suited to your time zone I'll give you a shout.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:36 pm