View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:01 am

Burning Wheel :: Looking for players 

Post Burning Wheel :: Looking for players
Hey all, I'm starting up a Burning Wheel campaign and need some players

- This is a campaign that will be using voice, likely skype, at least for the moment.
- We'll be using Burning Wheel's inherent fantasy theme, but we'll talk about setting and tone, probably first session.
- Sessions will be sometime during the week, but exactly when and how often is open.
- If you're coming to it new, I'm happy to teach, but be a little patient. There is a learning curve to get over but it's entirely worth it.

For those unfamiliar, Burning Wheel is a game motivated by character ambitions and tends to build a story closer to fantasy novel than a D&D campaign. It is story-focused game, but it's reinforced by a strong system which works beautifully.

If you're interested or have questions reply, pm or email me at SanguineEschaton@gmail.com

Sat May 07, 2011 8:38 am

Post Re: Burning Wheel :: Looking for players
I have been wanting to try out burning wheel, but i'd rather not use voice.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 pm

I might also be tempted to try it based on game times and days. I would prefer a non voice game as well. Mainly its just quieter at night when I usually play and I like the character description and interaction from a text based game vs a voice one. saving the logs is a nice benefit too.

Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Hm.

I've tried pure text before, but it always seems to have a distinct slow-down, losing some of the great momentum and spontaneity of roleplaying, as well as some of the general focus of the group. Maybe it was just an unlucky experience, but it's why I'm doing voiced, barring something significant changing.

Do either of you (or anyone else) know if there's any way to solve that slow-down?

Mon May 09, 2011 9:02 am

When I tried voice, there was more slow-down. There was constant ooc, and people were awkward, whereas text is just like reading a book.

Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 pm

That's a fair point, vash. Awkwardness will definitely be a problem, but I'm hoping that it will be worth the awkwardness, if we can move past it.

I'm taking a shot at voice this time and if I decide to make an all-text game, I'll post here again.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:44 am