View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 pm

in search of a game stargate d20 or anima from ffg 

Post in search of a game stargate d20 or anima from ffg
ok hello all. i am looking for a group to be my first group on line. i already have played many table top rpgs mostly dnd 2nd through 4th editions. mostly 3.0 or 3.5. i have also played rifts, world of darkness (newest edition) and some others. i was hopeing to find a group who shair my intrest in the 2 game mentioned inthe title. I am looking to be a player not a dm/gm/st.. the last few campains i tried to run the other players lost intrest. mostly because my plots run a little slow.. but like i said im looking for a gm and players to have a stargate sg1 game with. the books are avalible on pdf if others are intrested but dont have books.. basicly you play as human or alian team and go on missions through the stargate.. it is d20 system and has diffrent stats then d20 modern but feels simmler. also the inish. system is fluid your number goes up or down depending on your action. also anima ive been looking for other players. there are only 4 books in my local area. one person bought 3 of them. he is running world of darkness and had to stop because he has a newborn baby. so no game for sevral months. but anima is also avalble on pdf. it is a system based on percentiles.. its a final fantacy type of game and looks intresting. the system is a little harder and not much easyer at charicter gen and leveling then rifts but the game has promice... but if anyone is intrested in playing/running a game on here or if you are local to western WI we could play in person. please respond to this and if i dont get back to this right away feel free to email me at pistolpetepeterson@hotmail.com subject eather stargate or anima.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Post Re: in search of a game stargate d20 or anima from ffg
First off, Holy crap wall of text!
That being said, I might be game (depending on time) to play a little Stargate. I've only played it once before, but I played Spycraft (same system) several times. I always enjoyed the show, so that would be fun. I'm neither familiar with nor interested in Anima, but that's just me.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 pm

I've got the Stargate books but am relatively new to DM'ing so if you're ok with that, you can hit me up on AIM or MSN: nandreeson57@hotmail.com. I'm busy for most of this weekend, but should be free most of next week to discuss it, if you so choose to go with a newbie DM.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 am

I'd be interested. I played Stargate d20 a few years back and had a great time with it, even thought the campaign ended up falling through. I will admit IMO the equipment "requisition" system leaves a little to be desired (it just never felt like I had the amount of equipment I /should/ be carrying with me across the gate.)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 am

Depending on the time I may be interested in the stargate RPG!

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 am

Ok so we have a reasonable amount of potentials, let's talk time zones and available dates. I've got Tuesday nights available for sure, and I could potentially make Monday available. Saturday and Sunday night is a maybe at best for me.

Also, Mountain Standard Time here.

Sun May 01, 2011 5:16 am

Eastern. I'm not sure what I would say would work best, but during the week the earliest I can be available is 9pm, and the "til" is relatively limited. During the weekend, specifically Saturday evenings and just about any time Sunday, is much more open.

Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 am

I have my exalted game sunday, mondays are ordinarily open for me

Pacific

Sun May 01, 2011 8:29 am

Right now, my availability is rather limited. After finals in three weeks my availability opens up quite a bit.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:14 am

wow that was alot more alot quicker then i thought. well im hopeing to do a thursday thing if possable evenings central time.. and if avatar would like to dm thats ok with me.. if a more expereanced dm would like to take over feel free. and to avatar.. i was hopeing that the group would start as a first level group as a training mission because im not sure if anyone has played together so it would be a good thing to start small..

i personaly will need help with the online play methid.. ive only done games face to face never online.. as for house rules im really hopeing it is by the book and any house rules are voted upon unanimasly by the group. and another thing.. im not good with rules layers. they get in the way f game and become a nucence. dm has final word on all rules as it should be..

(the reason im so critical on this is one of my groups desided to have a shouting match about a rule and didnt let the dm make a desision.. the argument lasted almost 2 hours and game was called. the 2 were banned from game until they calmed down and agreed to talk like gentleman.)

but, yea.. i have an idea for a charicter and everyone needs to agree on the day and time. and charicter gen rules. 4d6 drop lowest, 4d6 reroll 1s and drop lowest, 6d4, 18 down, 15 down, 16 down, point buy. all that stuff whatever the gm thinks apropreate.

as it looks we have a team of 4 and a gm.. sounds good to me.

Mon May 02, 2011 5:48 pm