View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:10 pm

2nd Edition DnD Game Update 

Post 2nd Edition DnD Game Update
I am putting together a 2nd Edition DnD game for every Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. From 5:00 PM PCT to 10:00 PM PCT or later if the players can and are willing to go later.

The campaign is set in a world were magic is dominate; magical items are so common that people depend on them to survive. In the same way we depend on electronics to survive today. Medical procedures are done with magic items, children have magic items as play toys, and cities run on magical items, and so on so forth.

Magic is so well known it would almost be impossible to come accross someone who didn't know the basic functions at least one spell.

Instead of wizards learning the arcane arts from one person, there are schools built for teaching people how to use magic.

You may think that magic is too prominate here and it may be so, but just as in normal DnD, Wizards aren't very common because of the training that goes into becoming a wizard.

I am also altering some of the rules, and heres the list.

Everyone gets an 18 in thier prim prequisites, so if you're a Fighter then you'll get a 18/00, and so on so forth.
Everyone gets Maximum Health.
Wizards now have the ability to memorize a spell more than once, at a maximum of 2+ thier level. (EX.G: A Wizard of 3rd lvl decides to memorize magic missle more than once and goes for the maximum wich would be 2+3, giving him the ability to cast magic missle 5 times.)
Every race can advance to any lvl in any class they can become. But in turn, Humans gain the ability to lessen the XP needed to lvl by 25% (so -25% XP from the total needed to lvl) they also gain the ability to have an extra 3 Non-Weapon Proficiencies, and 1 extra Weapon Proficiencies. They also gain an aditional 2 Attribute points to put wereever they want.

The characters will be starting out at lvl 1, and there is no particular storyline to speak of, yet, if the players feel they would like to have a storyline then I'll whip one up, but if not then we'll just stick with wadering around solving small problems.

Also if you don't have any 2nd Ed DnD books, that's ok, I am currently on the Mayhem Gaming server, inside the room labeled 2nd Ed DnD. If you want to talk about the game come on inside.

Also, if you would like a more efficient way of contacting me other than E-Mail add me at Yahoo Messenger at Batman.mtweb@yahoo.com or MSN IM at Batman.m.t.web@hotmail.com or at Skype at Batman.m.t.web thanks! (or you can just E-mail me at Yahoo or MSN :P)

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW