View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:25 am

Epic Level Adventures 

Post Epic Level Adventures
Hello everyone, names Dreadilis (email - Dreadilis@gmail.com) and i'm going to try running an epic campaign. I have 15+ years experience playing D&D and have run a Play-By-Post for a while, so when i found Openrpg it just seemed like the next step. Play will be done over Openrpg (Date and Time to be debated), I don't have alot of experience with the program but have already started putting npcs and monsters and some Descs into tree format, and my other flaws include horrible spelling and slow typing. With that said, i understand people have lives outside of the game but I am looking for people that will show up and stay and pay attention, so while I can overlook alot of flaws - only serious inquiries pls. But, I don't think too many people will take the time to make an epic char only to not play it... atleast I hope not anyway...

I do have some strange requirements

Races - No standard Races, with the exception of the Half-breed races, Min Ecl from race/template = 1
(the reason for this will be explained in the Setting post --- see below) Also, use of the savage species book may need to be approved, not so much the races but the templates.

Some minor changes to a few of the races -
Drow Males - Loose the Cha bonus, SR is calculated as 6 + 1/2 LvL (ECL = 1)
Hobgoblins (called MongrelMen) - +2Con, -2Cha additional stat mods, and Race counts as Goblin, Orc, and Human

Classes - While I do allow most 3.5 material some things just rub me the wrong way...

Warlock(complete arcane) and Factorum(dungeonscape) while I'm not saying you can't play these classes I'm just saying I don't want you to play high level characters of these classes, they should only be applied to a character to compliment a High ECL race... and I don't mean 4 or 5 ECL, but if you want to play a Kyton(Chain Devil) Factorum or an Incubus Warlock well thats a different story... but if you want to play a warlock either be prepaired to loose their 12th lvl ability or replace it will an alternate class ability...

Other books that may need approval... but will be considered...
Path of *** Series --- i do like the Legendary classes
Quintessential Series
Any non Wotc 3.5 Mat. such as the Half-breed book or other publisher's work Green Ronin/Malhavok Press... and so on...
Also, Unearthed Arcana --- most is ok tho...

Books that will not be considered...

Ebberron & other D&D world specific books... with the exception of some races (the world of Mezada was created with the best and worst of all worlds) so some are possible such as Draconians and Kender from Dragonlance, Warforged from Ebberon

A note on characters - If you don't want to play a monsterous race consider the Bloodlines in the book Unearthed Arcana. This can be attained for 0 ECL, but you will loose the single magical item to be picked out by myself.

Last edited by dreadilis on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:52 am

Post Re: Epic Level Adventures
World - Homebrew abnormal D&D Realm... Created by a epic spell-caster character inside a pocket realm that is constantly growing. It has a Centered Cosmology meaning the earth is the center of the universe, and the alternate planes of existence are actually wrapped around the earth or are inner planes that exist internally (in the earth or in everyone's minds like the Plane of Dreams/Celestia/and even the Far Realm which comes from the minds of the insane and has congealed into a mirky pit of madness. Its commonly believed that each star in the sky is a plane or planar portal, and the Elemental Plane of Fire is actually the Sun. I will be posting gods, guilds, orders and others later in another post.

Setting - The Town of Monsterhome (sounds better in other Languages) Population of 10k
Monsterhome is a vast city that could be more accurately described as multiple towns all packed together, Founded by a silver dragon that had taken a Vow of Pacifism. The town thrives because of the strange race relations there. All races, monsterous or otherwise are welcome here. For the most part the races stick to themselves but each provide a valuable resource or service to the rest of the town. But the real thing that makes this town unique (except for the town in FR thats just like it :)) is that when an invading army, or any other threat to their way of life, presents itself - ALL (and this is enforced) able bodies fight to protect the town. But, because of this no invading army has been able to take control of the island, tho many have tried.

Silver-Isle is an Australia like island, longer than it is wide. Named for the vast amounts of silver veins within the mountains surrounding the town of Monsterhome. While its not really an Island it is barely connected by a strip of jungle covering a landbridge of sorts, durring the rainy season (which is when the game will take place) the valley that connects the island is an Amazon-like flooded jungle and is very dangerous. It is a volcanic jungle island adjacent to a poisoned sea. So no aquatic characters... Mountain terrain around the city with dense jungles surrounding them. The north part of the island is low elevation and is a sun-scorched mix of jungle, hill, and desert. The south being mountainous terrain with heavy snow cover almost year-round. So most of the 3.5 setting books will be allowed (Sandstorm/Frostburn).

The Island is located off the southwest of the main continent, in the southern hemisphere north of the southern vasts (Frozen wasteland) and far east of the Dragonisles. (home of the Dragon god, and birthplace of most dragons) So dragon characters and other dragon-like races will be common.

The City is ruled by an inner council of three that mostly have to agree or arrange and barter to bring about change, while each race may choose a council member (and many races have, possibly some characters). The council can also appoint permanent council members. The City Lodge is located on the third floor of the center marketplace's main building, which is the true center of the city. And while this a almost an anything goes the town itself is neutral mostly but with a largely evil population so most good characters will not feel at home. The council frowns upon alignments that veer to far from neutrality (LG {expecially} as well as NE and CE) so some town dealings will be more difficult for those.

Last edited by dreadilis on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 am

Characters will be starting at 25th level with 2Mil gp, please look for me on Openrpg room named Epic Adventures (in the server that allows profanity) Open Veav 1 the one with the disclaimer, i don't know how many kids play here but as evil can be a harsh and sensitive subject only 18+ players please...

Character submissions/or requests for more information should be done through e-mail.

Also include a short description and background for me and the other players as you will be an outstanding member of the community even if its strictly that they are all scared of you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More information

Gods- aka Domains

The Creator, Lord Spellic -N- Balance, Competition, Craft, Creation, Magic, Mentalism, Oracle, Pact, Rune, and Spell

Mezada, The Earthmother, The Lifegiver -NG- All Races except dragon and drow (includes scaly-kind, Ocean, and Cold) Animal, Family, Plant, Community, Healing, and Liberation

Dreadilis, Doom-bringer, The First Slayer, Death -LE- Celerity, Darkness, Death, Deathbound, Domination, Evil, Pestilence, Slime, and Undeath

Lesser gods

Aelynn/Aralarr - Elven gods of individuality, acceptance -G/N- Elf, *

Thavn, Dragon All-father, the Rainbow Dragon -N- Cavern, Dragon, All Elements, Strength

Faelor - The First Fae, the Trickster -CN- Chaos, Charm, Dream, Trade, Travel, Trickery

Seige - The Wartorn -LN- (Dependant on school/academy) or Animal, Hunger, Strength, and War

The Don, The Taker, The Gambler -CN- Greed, Luck, Trickery, Wealth

Also the following beings have a near-copy of their divine(or otherwise) nature
Cathulhu
Lloth
Bahamut
Tiamat
And all Rulers of hell... See BoVD

Also Clerics and other followers may choose to adhere to an ideal, this is usually a profound understanding breaching divine rank by the unity of thought. All others bound to the same ideal are connected on a deeper level than followers of an otherworldly being. This is an alternate access to divine magic, spontaneous divine spellcasters are more common than clerics.

Last edited by dreadilis on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 am

What day and times and timezone are you going to be playing at?

What server are you on? They almost all allow profanity in game rooms...

For the 2 million gold pieces to start with, are there any items in the core books or other books that you do not want players to have?

Can players craft their own magic items?

Is the leadership feat ok? Are there any other core feats or common book feats that you do not want players to have?

Are gestalt characters from Unearthed Arcana allowed?

How do you want abilities determined, is there a point buy? If so, what is it?

Must all PCs have an ECL from a template or be a race that has one? So no human? Does the LA from the template or race count towards the 25th level, or are all characters 25th level?

Have you run epic games before? They are very difficult to DM... it looks like you have some great ideas, just curious about if you have done epic before.

Looking forward to hearing back from you...

Athos

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:15 pm

What day and times and timezone are you going to be playing at?

Time and Date to be determined soon by the players as i am currently unemployed.
I hope to get everyone online to do hp rolling and introduce each other, possibly sunday

For the 2 million gold pieces to start with, are there any items in the core books or other books that you do not want players to have?

No more than half(1mil) can be spent on a single item. Items (as well as spells, classes, and feats) from 3.0 or world specific material or from a non-wotc publisher will need to be approved

Can players craft their own magic items?

Golems and other items can be crafted but no more than 1 million gp cost to you (not market price), this could allow you to purchase an epic item.

Is the leadership feat ok? Are there any other core feats or common book feats that you do not want players to have?

as with items anything thats not 3.5 material must be approved

Are gestalt characters from Unearthed Arcana allowed?

I might allow a gestalt character for someone who only has a single class level such as a paragon half-dragon, or someone with very few hd, but otherwise no.

How do you want abilities determined, is there a point buy? If so, what is it? 36 points

Must all PCs have an ECL from a template or be a race that has one? So no human? Does the LA from the template or race count towards the 25th level, or are all characters 25th level?

As stated before human, elf, dwarf, and other 0ecl do not qualify for citizenship (with the exception of major bloodlines from Unearthed Arcana, which cost you a free item)

Have you run epic games before? They are very difficult to DM... it looks like you have some great ideas, just curious about if you have done epic before.

yes i have run three and i am currently running an epic game irl and will be using some notes, and i do realize this will consume alot of free time, i have plenty to spare. But the only thing i've never done is an online

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Silverisle is located in what was once known as the Uncharted Ocean Reaches. Discovered by crew and soldiers of the neighboring kingdom when their nearly destroyed ship floated into the cliffs. Shortly after the first race war came to a sudden halt, by the creator ceasing all magic on earth and making his transition from a good god to a neutral one, The Island was being mined by the king's men. The first war ended badly for all but most of all the more magical races (dragon, elves-both types, neogi, Illumians) and none of these races have forgotten... The Second Race war, also known as the Dragon War, was actually two wars at the same time. Newly crafted magic items were selling like crazy and two groups wanted them badly, dragons and drow. The drow took control of the eastern mage tower, many Wu jen lost their lives and many Ronin were made, as well a three dwarven kingdoms. And everywhere else chromatic dragons with a five headed dragon at their lead took back all the territories, lost during the last race war, plus major magical locations. Some locations were settled, some were reaped of their power (such as the Altar of Apathy located in the center of the Dead Sea, the reason the water is poison). The world as a whole changed much during the second race war; the first Necropolis was born, Gnome Tek-nology became widespread, The druid's first grove their most sacred gateway has become sealed and defiled, The psionic temple of the moon lay in ruins, and the town of monsterhome was born.

A lone silver dragon came to the island after her kingdom, home, and loved ones were all wiped out. Still with blood on her claws and rage swelling in her heart, she slaughtered her way through the red wing the most proud squad of red dragons. When arriving she was greeted by a friendly troll and his odd group of unwanteds, she almost attacked them out of rage for when the chromatics came through all humans were killed because of the sheer closeness to their home (Dragonisle). After seeing that even the evilest of creatures can ban together without conflict she wept, and forged a town out of the temple ruins. Some say on that day she wept, for all life lost, and from her tears flowed the town well (which has always been pure and has never dried up)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:39 am

Did you get my character sheet? I was wondering if there was anything that I had change in it, before we begin playing. Mine was the Psychic Warrior.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 am

I am a friend of Lando's and wondered if your game still has an opening. I have a Tiefling Thief i am working on right now, and could have her ready to go pretty quick. Lando has been talking to me about the game for a few days.

Thanks, Dani

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:06 am

So far i have only received two characters. I need atleast one e-mail from everyone, that aside i have a link to an unfinished third character. So this game is still recruiting.

Unbodied - Psion
Earth-kin - Fighter

There has been some difficulty in building epic level characters, the items being the worst. So in an attempt to hasten the start along, i will be running a room on open rpg veav 1 - titled epic adventures. Come by, say hi... and eventually we might be able to get you a character. Attendance is a must, i'd rather have new players that will show up and pay attention over a veteran player with alot going on in his life. Not that everyone has alot going on in their lives.....

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:26 pm

dreadilis wrote:
So in an attempt to hasten the start along, i will be running a room on open rpg veav 1 - titled epic adventures. Come by, say hi... and eventually we might be able to get you a character. Attendance is a must, i'd rather have new players that will show up and pay attention over a veteran player with alot going on in his life. Not that everyone has alot going on in their lives.....

I emailed you my decision on my pc concept, now going to build her. I'll be around later if you'd like to catch me on YIM or on OpenRPG.

Did you wish to meet tonight?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile YIM