View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 pm

Mortal Kombat Feng Shui? 

Post Mortal Kombat Feng Shui?
Mortal Kombat's new video game released today and it got me thinking how awesome a mini campaign could be using the awesome Feng Shui RPG.

Has anyone given this thought? Anyone up for something like this?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Post Re: Mortal Kombat Feng Shui?
If the system is easy enough to learn, sure!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 am

I'm thinking of using either Feng Shui or Fight!

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:43 am

yes, i'll play.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:40 pm

i've been wanting to read feng shui

Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I rented the new Xbox 360 version, its very good and tough. I got the old Street Fighter rpg by White Wolf, but something like N&SS by Palladium might be fun. I've heard of Feng Shui, but don't know it at all.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile YIM

I'm thinking of either using the Street Fighter RPG or the newer Fight! RPG. The creator of Fight! says it can do MK easily and they have a supplement coming out about Fatalities. I can provide interested peeps with materials to help learn whatever system we choose.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14797.phtml

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Mutants & Masterminds 3e would do this well too.

I am leaning toward using the Fight! RPG or the Street Fighter RPG though right now. What do you think, Lando? Would the Street Fighter RPG do well for us for MK? I have the PDFs but would still need to read the rules. I found a SF RPG site that has abilities from the MK games you can use in your Street Fighter game.

How many people would be interested in doing a mini campaign that deals with the plot from the new Mortal Kombat game and fighting in the tournament? I will provide you all with the materials to learn the system and give you time to absorb it all. We would need to stat up the MK characters as well.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am

daddystabz wrote:
Mutants & Masterminds 3e would do this well too.

I am leaning toward using the Fight! RPG or the Street Fighter RPG though right now. What do you think, Lando? Would the Street Fighter RPG do well for us for MK? I have the PDFs but would still need to read the rules. I found a SF RPG site that has abilities from the MK games you can use in your Street Fighter game.

How many people would be interested in doing a mini campaign that deals with the plot from the new Mortal Kombat game and fighting in the tournament? I will provide you all with the materials to learn the system and give you time to absorb it all. We would need to stat up the MK characters as well.

It's been a long while since I played or GMed the Street Fighter RPG, but I own a printed copy and I have COMBAT! supplement for White Wolf's classic Storyteller and Street Fighter systems that is compatiable including more weapons/martial arts etc. I'm sure you could make use of it, but you'll probably need to modify some stuff for MK. If there is a fan site with that info already even better. I would like to play Sonya Blade most likely.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile YIM

i hate the storyteller system, and i don't want to play an established character

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:46 pm