View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Ark's Pathfinder: Wierd Frontiers (Wed.) 

Post Re: RECRUITING Pathfinder: Wierd Frontiers (Wednesdays/Frida
Debbonair wrote:
sure, why not since AQ's game has been discontinued for the time being. Have to look over my char list and see what I have available for 6th. I'll get back to ya with options.

Edit: Alrighty, looked over my directory of chars and I have 5 that are lvl6. Options are:

Valaera- female valanar elf swashbuckler3/fighter3. she's the top student of the valanar Shadi'laes or Blade Dancers. she disdains others reliance on magic instead pushing her own limits ever farther. a prophecy before her birth has destined her to have great impact on the world, but the precise nature is yet to be revealed.

Wo-Tar "Strongmind" Hynothulagantu- male goliath monk1/psychic warrior5. strong as a herd of oxen, yet dumb as post his answer to everything is pound on it. he's got quite a temper which landed him in prison for several years where he developed his psychic powers, mostly pertaining to his own body. there aren't many things that can escape once he gets a grip.

Sir William Orison- male human knight6. a true knight of the old code, he will defend his allies unto his own death. he's a bit naive as to how real battle works believing full-force that everything should be conducted with unswerving honor. his beliefs can get parties into plenty of trouble- and everyone will likely get fed up with his lectures fairly frequently, but when danger arises you couldn't wish for anyone or anything better to stand between said danger and yourself.

Nycylia- female sun elf favored soul6. the absolute soul of purity and goodness, she will never harm any living thing. she is stunningly beautiful in both body and demeanor. with her present things should never devolve into violence. but should you get into a fight with something mindless, her allies can fight without regard for their own health because she will see to it that everyone stays in peak condition.

and lastly,
Ilthonar- male lesser duergar fighter2/warblade4. quite the conceited asshole, he will REALLY rub everyone the wrong way. his attitude might just be worth putting up with though because his abilities don't fall much short of his boasts- with his trusty guisarme in hand, he will utterly destroy just about any foe in short order.

So those are the choices, let me know which you think best. Only Orison is already pathfinder, but it'd be easy enough for me to convert any of them. Feel free to ask any questions too.

1. Valaera seems alright but would need some minor tweaks for PF and the setting, since Valenar is an Eberron elven country if I recall correctly. If you want any particular elements of it worked into one of the elven countries of Rhivia, just let me know what needs to be included; the main continent's nations and geography are deliberately vague for now so I can work in anything necessary to fit with the PCs' backgrounds, and the main continent will only be visited briefly at one or two points during the campaign, possibly between expeditions to the eastern continent (Azagon) and at the very end if the group retrieves the artifact or other aid for Rhivia's defenders. I don't know if Eberron has any particular racial traits for elves of Valenar, but you'd be using standard PF Elf traits here, or possibly one of the PF Bestiary elven subraces (feel free to look through the APG material for variant elven traits, if you want me to consider any particular ones). The swashbuckler class in use for this game would be that detailed in the Tome of Secrets (I think it may have been transcribed into the d20pfsrd site as well?). I can provide details on that bit if necessary, since I have the PDF and it's OGC, and overpriced for the quality of (most of) its content to boot.

2. Wo-Tar wouldn't fit unless you made him a half-giant (PF half-giants in Psionics Unleashed are very similar to those in the 3.5 XPH/SRD) from the eastern continent, Azagon. If using him, we'll discuss what that entails and how he'd become involved in the westerners' expedition (possibly depending on his existing background).

3. Sir William should be fine so long as no one plays his direct opposite. :) I assume his class in Pathfinder is Paladin, or the APG's Cavalier, or the Tome of Secrets' Knight?

4. Nycylia probably wouldn't fit in this campaign. Though she might be awesome in the situations where the group could avoid combat (or absolutely has to avoid it), or would only be fighting constructs/undead, she wouldn't fit in any of the numerous situations where hostile natives or monsters attack. Plus sun elf and favored soul aren't Pathfinder so I'd rather avoid 'em in this campaign.

5. Ilthonar would probably be fine for the most part, except for his warblade levels since I'd prefer everyone use Pathfinder races/classes in this campaign, and I'm not sure what "lesser duergar" even means; the duergar of this campaign would be those detailed in Psionics Unleashed and would primarily inhabit the eastern continent's subterranean regions. While it would be relatively simple to convert the Warblade class to PF, I don't really wanna convert the Tome of Battle and work it into the campaign. So, Pathfinder classes only.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:53 am

If I made any mistakes let me know.

I chose the Strength of the Sun trait, partially because there weren't very many traits that fit with the character concept, so the patron deity will probably be one that corresponds to that trait.
Also, I don't know that much about the setting, so I left the bonus languages to be determined. I'm figuring you can guide me towards appropriate regional languages since blending in is important to the character.

Arkhandus wrote:
Please use this format when submitting character stats (just copy and paste the form).

Pathfinder: Wierd Frontiers Character Sheet:

Character Name: Lilyan
Race: Halfling , Alignment: CN , Patron Deity:
Class Levels: Psion 10
Character Level: 10, XP: 72,400 , Next Level: 105,000 total
Age: 29 yrs., Height: 3 ft. 2 in., Weight: 33 lbs., Male/Female: F
Eyes: brown , Hair: black , Skin: Light
Languages: Common, Halfling, Zanji, Nakaali, Sentali, Hesate-Sula, Hurakazin

Strength 8 (-1), Dexterity 16 (+3), Constitution 10 (+0)
Intelligence 22 (+6), Wisdom 7 (-2), Charisma 18 (+4)

HP / Maximum: 42 / 42, Nonlethal: 0 , DR: 0/X , SR: 0
AC: 25 (+3 Dex, +0 dodge, +1 size, +10 armor, +0 shield, +0 natural, +1 ring etc.) (+4-+9-+10 inertial armor)
Touch AC: 14 , Flat-Footed AC: 12
Fortitude +5, Reflex +8, Will +7, Initiative +7, Hero Points: 1

Base Attack Bonus: +5
Melee: +5 (+5 BAB, -1 Str, +1 size)
Ranged: +9 (+5 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
Combat Maneuver Bonus: +3 (+5 BAB, -1 Str, -1 size)
Combat Maneuver Defense: 16 (+5 BAB, -1 Str, +3 Dex, -1 size)

Favored Class: Psion (+0 HP, +10 skill ranks)
Size: Small , Space: 5 ft., Reach: 5 ft., Speed: 20 ft.
Type (Subtype): Humanoid
Racial Ability Score Adjustments: +2 DEX , +2 CHA , -2 STR
Other Racial Qualities: Fearless, Halfling Luck, Keen Senses, Sure-Footed, Weapon Familiarity
Advanced Traits: Reactionary, Child of the Streets

Feats: Psicrystal Affinity, Boost Construct, Childlike, Point Blank Shot, Psionic Shot, Psicrystal Containment, Overchannel, Talented

Skills:
Autohypnosis +11 (10 ranks, -2 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Bluff +17 (10 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Disguise +17 (10 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor) (+10 hat of disguise, +2 disguise kit) (+2 childlike feat)
Psicraft +19 (10 ranks, +6 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Sleight of Hand +16 (10 ranks, +2 ability, +3 class, +1 other, -0 armor)
Stealth +17 (10 ranks, +3 ability, +0 class, +4 other, -0 armor)
Use Magic Device +17 (10 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Acrobatics +15 (10 ranks, +3 ability, +0 class, +2 other, -0 armor)

Climb +1 (0 ranks, -1 ability, +0 class, +2 other, -0 armor)
Craft (sculpting) +6 (0 ranks, +6 ability, +0 class, +0 other, -0 armor) (for shaping astral constructs)
Perception +2 (0 ranks, -2 ability, +0 class, +4 other, -0 armor) (psicrystal has it at +6)
Sense Motive -0 (0 ranks, -2 ability, +0 class, +2 other, -0 armor)

Craft (weaponsmithing) +19 (10 ranks, +6 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor) (From headband of vast intelligence)

PP: 99+5, GP: 5327+1778-20+735+655+115-240-2, SP: 392-12-30+575-6, CP: 314+370
Load: 33 lbs., Light: 19.5 lbs., Medium: 39.75 lbs., Heavy: 60 lbs.
Maximum Load: 60 lbs., Push/Pull: 300 lbs.
Gear:
tent
Bedroll (1sp, 1.25lbs)
Blanket (5sp, .75lbs)
1 Rations (5sp per, 1lbs per)
Waterskin (1gp, 1lb)
Clothes (free, 2lbs)
3 daggers (6gp, 1.5lbs)
Flint and steel (1gp)
Torch (1cp, 1lb)
Light crossbow (35gp, 2lbs)
29 bolts (1gp, .5lbs)
Rope, hemp (1gp, 10lbs)
Caltrops (1gp, 2lbs)
Disguise kit (50gp, 2lbs)
Mirror (10gp, .5lbs) X2
Ring of sustenance (2500gp, only need 2 hours sleep, don't need food/water)
Ring of Protection +1
Hat of disguise (1800gp, disguise self at will)
Handy haversack (2000gp, 5lbs, backpack with 2 pouches storing up to 20 lbs and main section storing up to 80 lbs)
Boots of landing (1000gp, 1lbs, always lands on feet and reduces falling damage 2 dice)
Headband of vast intelligence +2 (4000gp, 1lbs, +2 Intelligence bonus)
Gloves of arrow snaring (4000gp, snatch arrows 2/day)
Cloak of Resistance +1
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2
pony
chainmail
2 potions of cure light wounds [1d8+1]
psicrystal staff (treat psicrystal 2 levels higher including telepathic speech, flight, power resistance, and other normal stuff)

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: club, dagger, heavy/light crossbow, quarterstaff, shortspear
Other Class Features:
Psicrystal – nimble (+2 init)
detect psionics at will
discipline talents: create sound, ectoplasmic creation
summoners call: duration of creation increased 1 + 1/4 lvl rounds, astral constructs gain extra menu option
Ectoplasmic Protection: concealment 1rd/lvl

Manifesting Class: Psion , Manifester Level: 10, Concentration: +16
Power Points / Maximum: 118 / 118 Power Save DC: 16 + power level
(DC 15+level concentration to suppress display)
(DC 15+2*power level to concentrate without AoOs)
Powers Known:
Astral Construct
Energy Ray (Energy Ray (fire): ranged touch: [1d20+9] damage: [10d6+10])
Inertial Armor
Matter Agitation
Telempathic Projection
Body Equilibrium
Metamorphosis, Minor
Reconstruction
Swarm of Crystals (/me reaches out a hand towards GROUP as thousands of tiny crystals spray forth (Swarm of Crystals: [10d4] in a 15' cone))
Energy Burst
Solicit Psicrystal
Telekinetic Force (max 250 lbs, 1 target/lvl, can effect weapons)
Time Hop
Death Urge
Fold Space
Modify Matter
Telekinetic Maneuver (bonus is lvl+Int bonus-size: +16-1)
Hail of Crystals (throws a ball of crystal at the lizard (Hail of Crystals [1d20+9] (ranged touch) [5d4] (impact) [10d4] (20' radius crystal shards reflex DC 21 for half)) that explode sending shards everywhere)
Adapt Body
Pierce the Veils
Ectoplasmic Shambler

Appearance:
shoulder length black hair kept in pigtails covering ears while disguised, or ponytail
Brown eyes
Usually disguised as a human child, choosing to stay in character whenever around others
Boots – each with a hidden dagger
Shirt
Cloth skirt
Leather overtunic with belt – sheath with dagger
Cloak

Background/Personality:
Growing up on the streets, she was always picked on by other kids for being small. Eventually, she figured out that she could pretend to be younger and have an easier time acquiring 'necessities'. On one such trip an older man saw through the disguise and, recognizing her potential, offered to take the young woman in as an apprentice. After learning many things, she decided that they should offer her services as a security expert in order to use some of her previous talents. In this way she has traveled around her home continent and collected many fees, some freely given while others simply vanished.

Notes:
stats:10-2, 12+2 +2 belt, 10, 18+1+1(lvl) +2 headband, 7, 16+2
4th level attribute I, 8th level attribute I
6 extra power points every 2 levels by intelligence

Attacks:
Dagger +4 melee for 1d3-1 damage (19-20/x2 critical)
Unarmed strike +4 melee for 1d2-1 damage (20/x2 critical)

Dagger +9(+1 within 30ft) ranged for 1d3-1(+1 within 30ft, +1 while maintaining focus, +2d6 if expending psionic focus) damage (19-20/x2 critical, increment 10 ft.)
Light Crossbow +9(+1 within 30ft) ranged for 1d6+0 damage(+1 within 30ft, +1 while maintaining focus, +2d6 if expending psionic focus) (19-20/x2 critical, increment 80 ft.)

Astral Construct 5 (large, reach)
DR 5/magic
AC 23
HP 68
2 Slams +16 @ 1d8+9 (2d6+9, 2d6+9 Improved Slam) (1d8+9, 1d8+9, 1d8+9 Extra Attack) (+2 attack, +2 damage)
(Power Attack)

(begins creating an Astral Construct level 5 with Extra Attack, Power Attack, Improved Slam, and Muscle) (10+2rds)
(Slam: [1d20+18], damage [2d6+16])
(Slam: [1d20+18], damage [2d6+11], Slam: [1d20+18], damage [2d6+11], Slam: [1d20+18], damage [2d6+11])
(Power Attack Slam: [1d20+16], damage [2d6+22])
(Power Attack Slam: [1d20+16], damage [2d6+15], Power Attack Slam: [1d20+16], damage [2d6+15], Power Attack Slam: [1d20+16], damage [2d6+15])

Astral Construct 6 (large, reach)
DR 10/magic
AC 25
HP 85
2 Slams +21 @ 1d8+11 (2d6+11, 2d6+11 Improved Slam) (1d8+11, 1d8+11, 1d8+11 Extra Attack) (+2 attack, +2 damage)
(Power Attack)

(begins creating an Astral Construct level 6 with Extra Attack, Power Attack, Improved Slam, and Muscle) (12+2rds)
(Slam: [1d20+23], damage [2d6+18])
(Slam: [1d20+23], damage [2d6+13], Slam: [1d20+23], damage [2d6+13], Slam: [1d20+23], damage [2d6+13])
(Power Attack Slam: [1d20+20], damage [2d6+27])
(Power Attack Slam: [1d20+20], damage [2d6+19], Power Attack Slam: [1d20+20], damage [2d6+19], Power Attack Slam: [1d20+20], damage [2d6+19])

Last edited by mikbuster on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 103 times in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 am

mikbuster wrote:
If I made any mistakes let me know.
I chose the Strength of the Sun trait, partially because there weren't very many traits that fit with the character concept, so the patron deity will probably be one that corresponds to that trait.
Also, I don't know that much about the setting, so I left the bonus languages to be determined. I'm figuring you can guide me towards appropriate regional languages since blending in is important to the character.

I'm gonna have to say no to Strength of the Sun......it's a fan-made trait on the pfsrd website and it seems a bit strong relative to official PF traits. While its scope is somewhat limited, it does apply to several skills and its drawback only applies on the rare occasions where the PC might be gathering information in a tavern at night or attending a social function at night (which, while it may well happen at some point, it's not gonna happen often enough for that minor restriction to matter).

Perhaps the Well-Informed halfling trait for +1 Diplomacy when gathering information, +1 Knowledge (Local), and gaining Diplomacy as a class skill? Then you could divert 1 skill rank from elsewhere into it and gain the +3 class skill bonus on Diplomacy as well. Canter, Child of the Streets, or Indomitable Faith might fit depending on background/personality.

Patron deities need not be chosen in this campaign unless the character has a divine spellcasting class or other divinely-powered class, for reference. Or if they have a Religion trait.

Regional languages and background will depend on whether your character is a native of Rhivia (the main continent where the group starts out) or Azagon (the eastern continent where the PCs will be exploring). A native of Rhivia won't know any Azagonian regional languages, while a native of Azagon won't know any Rhivian regional languages (except through later ranks in Linguistics or Intelligence increases after visiting the other continent). Rhivian psions are far less common and less well-trained than those of Azagon, generally developing their powers without any aid (leading to a cruder, simpler array of feats and powers, with little knowledge of psionics) or with the aid of a mentor who has already mastered a fair amount of psionics (possibly a traveling Azagonian).

mikbuster wrote:
Feats: Psicrystal Affinity, Boost Construct, Childlike, Psicrystal Containment, Quick Draw

Skills:
Bluff +13 (6 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Concentration +6 (6 ranks, +0 ability, +0 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Disguise +13 (6 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Psicraft +14 (6 ranks, +5 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Use Magic Device +13 (6 ranks, +4 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Autohypnosis +7 (6 ranks, -2 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Stealth +8 (6 ranks, +2 ability, +0 class, +0 other, -0 armor)
Craft (weaponsmithing) +14 (6 ranks, +5 ability, +3 class, +0 other, -0 armor) (From headband of vast intelligence, not sure if class bonus applies to it)

I'm curious why you chose Quick Draw, especially since you took Psicrystal Containment but have no feats that involve expending psionic focus. Are you just planning to expend psionic focus for "taking 15" on Concentration checks?

Anyway, though it looks like you must've gotten the Psionics Unleashed PDF or something, you took ranks in Concentration. However, Concentration isn't a skill in Pathfinder, it's an automatic ability of spellcasters and manifesters; your Concentration bonus is simply equal to your caster or manifester level (as appropriate) plus the key ability score modifier for that casting or manifesting source (Intelligence for Psions). Which is why I have it listed down in the spellcasting/manifesting section further down the character sheet.

You need to add your +4 size bonus to your Stealth skill. And yes, you do apply the class skill bonus to Craft (Weaponsmithing) even though you gained the skill ranks through an item, since Craft is a Psion class skill. Should probably add Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, and Sense Motive to your Skills section, even though you have no ranks in them, just to note your modifiers in them since you have racial modifiers and such for them. Well, Sense Motive only gets a bonus when you have your Psicrystal within 5 feet for the Alertness benefit, but still..... You should also include whatever skill your Psicrystal's Personality applies a bonus to.

So, replace your Concentration skill ranks with some other skill. Knowledge (Psionics) may fit if the character is from Azagon, or perhaps some other Knowledge skill otherwise (Diplomacy or Knowledge - Local or Sleight of Hand may be good, if you take one of the traits I mentioned further up in this post).

mikbuster wrote:
PP: 50, GP: 592 , SP: 8 , CP: 9
Load: 13 lbs., Light: 19.5 lbs., Medium: 39.75 lbs., Heavy: 60 lbs.
Maximum Load: 60 lbs., Push/Pull: 300 lbs.

Gear:
Bedroll (1sp, 1.25lbs)
Blanket (5sp, .75lbs)
1 Rations (5sp per, 1lbs per)
Waterskin (1gp, 1lb)
Clothes (free, 2lbs)
3 daggers (6gp, 1.5lbs)
Flint and steel (1gp)
Torch (1cp, 1lb)
Light crossbow (35gp, 2lbs)
bolts (1gp, .5lbs)
Rope, hemp (1gp, 10lbs)
Caltrops (1gp, 2lbs)
Disguise kit (50gp, 2lbs)
Mirror (10gp, .5lbs)
Ring of sustenance (2500gp, only need 2 hours sleep, don't need food/water)
Hat of disguise (1800gp, disguise self I'm assuming is at will)
Handy haversack (2000gp, 5lbs, backpack with 2 pouches storing up to 20 lbs and main section storing up to 80 lbs)
Boots of landing (1000gp, 1lbs, always lands on feet and reduces falling damage 2 dice)
Headband of vast intelligence +2 (4000gp, 1lbs, +2 Intelligence bonus)
Gloves of arrow snaring (4000gp, snatch arrows 2/day)

I'll check minor details like weights, loads, and remaining coinage later. For now......

You should probably get Artisan's Tools for Craft (Weaponsmithing), otherwise you'll take a penalty when using the skill for lack of proper tools. However, you probably don't need any of your rations or waterskins since you have a Ring of Sustenance. And yes, a Hat of Disguise functions at-will, so you can use Disguise Self as often as you like while wearing it.

mikbuster wrote:
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: club, dagger, heavy/light crossbow, quarterstaff, shortspear
Other Class Features:
detect psionics at will
summoners call: duration of creation increased 2 rounds, astral constructs gain extra menu option

Manifesting Class: Psion , Manifester Level: 6 , Concentration: +6
Power Points / Maximum: 50 / 50
Powers Known: 13

You need to list your Psicrystal with its Personality and bonuses/special abilities to the Other Class Features section.

Concentration bonus should be +11 (+6 manifester level, +5 Int) in Pathfinder.
Also need to actually list what powers your character has learned. :)
Also, add a listing for your psionic power save DCs, like so (since I forgot to include it in my original sheet template), on the power points line:

Power Points / Maximum: 50 / 50 , Power Save DC: 15 + power level (Int)

mikbuster wrote:
Notes:
stats:10-2, 12+2, 10, 18+1(lvl) +2 headband, 7, 16+2
+2D,+2CH,-2S
+1AC,+attack,+4stealth size
+2 save vs fear
+1 saves
+2 perception
+2 acrobatics, climb

4th level attribute I
5 extra power points every 2 levels by intelligence
50 power points total

detect psionics at will
summoners call: duration of creation increased 2 rounds, astral constructs gain extra menu option[/sblock]
No need to duplicate your class features, racial traits, and power points in the Notes section, since they're already listed elsewhere on the sheet.

mikbuster wrote:
Attacks:
Dagger +3 melee for 1d3-1 damage (19-20/x2 critical, reach 0 ft.)
Unarmed strike +0 melee for 1d2-1 damage (20/x2 critical, reach 0 ft.)
Dagger +6 ranged for 1d3-1 damage (19-20/x2 critical, increment 0 ft.)
Light Crossbow +6 ranged for 1d6+0 damage (19-20/x2 critical, increment 0 ft.)

Unarmed strike attack bonus should be +3. Reach and range increment should be indicated for the different attacks, but it's no big deal.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:04 am

I just edited my other post with the altered information, figured it was better than wasting the space again.
I'm thinking being from your other continent would make more sense, especially with the psionic class.
Some things I just didn't notice/realize like the concentration thing, others were just me not thinking when I copied information over.
As far as weight, you'll find it totals over 30 lbs, but I only counted what wouldn't be in the haversack (so used to thinking of it as heward's handy haversack rather than the SRD version of the name)
I planned on using the craft skill with psionics like creation and fabricate, no tools needed. Speaking of which, the creation powers say 1 object, and I was wondering if a loaded crossbow/ballista counted as a single object. Personally, I'd probably say the weapon itself was one and the ammunition was another, but I wanted to get your opinion.
I also have other uses for food/water than eating, plus the ring could be removed for some reason. (It's weird that the books want a small character to pay the same for rations, and get a quarter the amount. Shouldn't they pay a proportional amount based on the weight of the food?)
I was also surprised, the format I used for marking down equipment on a word document I created as a guide for the character, matched your format :D
I'll have to work through a background in my head while I'm driving this weekend and post it up.

Summary:
Switched Strength of the Sun for Child of the Streets
Changed feats, Quick Draw and Psionic Containment for Point Blank Shot and Psionic Shot
Added Sleight of Hand to replace concentration
Added unranked skills per your recommendation
changed the money section (was thinking pp as power points, not used to thinking about platinum money)
added powers, psicrystal, ranges on ranged weapons
removed superfluous sections

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 am

ok, I seem to have had a brain fart... thought you were making this one to replace AQ's that got cancelled. That would be thurs. I'm already in Lokey's game on wed. maybe I just meesed up the days for the two campaigns, anyway, I like Lokey's so consider my intrest withdrawn... unless you end up doing it on fri that is.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:31 am

Debbonair wrote:
ok, I seem to have had a brain fart... thought you were making this one to replace AQ's that got cancelled. That would be thurs. I'm already in Lokey's game on wed. maybe I just meesed up the days for the two campaigns, anyway, I like Lokey's so consider my intrest withdrawn... unless you end up doing it on fri that is.

:( Awwww......

Yeah, I was in a Wednesday PF game before, then joined AQ's Thursday one after a month or two had passed since the Wed. one had ended. AQ might still resume his Thursday game sometime in the next few months, for all we know, so I didn't want to set my game on the same day, in case that does happen.

Depending on whether or not the others are willing/able to play on Thursdays or Fridays instead, it's possible we might have the game on one of those days instead. But Wednesday is my default choice for this.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 am

for the record, I'd be ok with almost any day

during the week I'm only available from what would be GMT 23:00-05:00
About half the Fridays would be like GMT 3:00 before I'd be on

I'm on Central US time btw.

I installed the OpenRPG stuff tonight, so I'm still looking at it.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:14 am

mikbuster wrote:
I just edited my other post with the altered information, figured it was better than wasting the space again.
I'm thinking being from your other continent would make more sense, especially with the psionic class.
Some things I just didn't notice/realize like the concentration thing, others were just me not thinking when I copied information over.

OK, I'll check the other post again soon to see if everything's as it should be.

I'll private-message you some details on the eastern continent and how it concerns your character, sometime in the next few days (I wanna finish typing and posting a few more details on the main continent, Rhivia, first). Also, I realized today that I had misspelled it Azagon in the last few days, when it's supposed to be spelled Azagan.
mikbuster wrote:
As far as weight, you'll find it totals over 30 lbs, but I only counted what wouldn't be in the haversack (so used to thinking of it as heward's handy haversack rather than the SRD version of the name)
I planned on using the craft skill with psionics like creation and fabricate, no tools needed. Speaking of which, the creation powers say 1 object, and I was wondering if a loaded crossbow/ballista counted as a single object. Personally, I'd probably say the weapon itself was one and the ammunition was another, but I wanted to get your opinion.
I also have other uses for food/water than eating, plus the ring could be removed for some reason. (It's weird that the books want a small character to pay the same for rations, and get a quarter the amount. Shouldn't they pay a proportional amount based on the weight of the food?)
I was also surprised, the format I used for marking down equipment on a word document I created as a guide for the character, matched your format :D

Yeah, carried load is just the weight of the Handy Haversack itself plus any other gear that's not stored inside it. Also, coins weight 1/50th of a pound, so 50 coins = 1 pound. Though I'm not gonna nitpick carried loads, I may have to enforce the limits/encumbrance penalties whenever someone is obviously carrying too much stuff for a light load (like thousands of coins).

But no, a loaded projectile weapon is not "1 object," the weapon itself and each individual piece of ammunition is a separate object. So 20 arrows are 20 objects, and a bow is 1 object. Though bundles may be listed in one entry ("20 Arrows" or the like), they're still separate individual objects as far as spells, powers, and other such effects are concerned, so you can't create a full quiver of arrows (or a full case of crossbow bolts) with a single manifestation of any power that specifies "1 object." There are a few sorta-exceptions, like the Magic Weapon spell which says it can affect 20 pieces of ammunition at once, but those exceptions are spelled out in the rules.

And yes, it is wierd that Small rations, waterskins, backpacks, etc. cost the same as Medium ones despite being smaller and lighter. But I'm not bothering to mess with that odd little rules-quirk in this game. I suppose it's based purely on designers thinking that merchants in the game would consider the item equally valuable to a Small humanoid as one made for a human would be to a Medium humanoid. Wierd, but whatever.
mikbuster wrote:
I'll have to work through a background in my head while I'm driving this weekend and post it up.
Summary:
Switched Strength of the Sun for Child of the Streets
Changed feats, Quick Draw and Psionic Containment for Point Blank Shot and Psionic Shot
Added Sleight of Hand to replace concentration
Added unranked skills per your recommendation
changed the money section (was thinking pp as power points, not used to thinking about platinum money)
added powers, psicrystal, ranges on ranged weapons
removed superfluous sections

I'll tweak the character sheet format to say Platinum Coins, Gold Coins, etc.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:31 am

I would love to get in on this. I haven't played online in over a year, but I'm an OpenRPG vet (8 years, mebbe? Don't let the join date fool you!). The times are ideal. Wed or Friday are perfect, but I'm pretty much available any days after 7PM EST (4PM PST).

I'm pretty comfortable with Pathfinder, having DM'd it in the past. I'll put something together and see what you think.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:01 am

Welcome!

......but dangit, now the recruit from EN World has dropped out. PM'd me to say that Pathfinder/3E was just too complex or has too many options to deal with, so he's going back to the simplicity of 2E AD&D. Sigh. Two folks dropping out in one day, and before the campaign could even get underway. :(

Hopefully enough other folks will jump in over the next week so the game can start by the end of the month or early next month.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next