View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Heyas, Fresh meat looking for some help 

Post Heyas, Fresh meat looking for some help
Hi guys n girls, I havent played RPGs in about 17 years. Back then it was Ad&d with a lil shadowrun. Im also a techno nub. Been playing WoW for the past 5 years but it blows in comparison to RPGs.

Im so happy to find this sight and I really want to play some D&D again. I realize there are alot of new changes with 4e but my question is how do I find a group? and is openRPG all I need?

Thx and good gaming

Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:43 pm

Post Re: Heyas, Fresh meat looking for some help
There are other RPGs than 4e D&D. I prefer Pathfinder myself and other RPGs (Shadowrun, Rifts, etc).

So depending on your flavor/preference you'll need whatever rulebook/game system you want to play and a copy of OpenRPG, plus a character node/sheet and some other gamers. Some systems like D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder have a SRD available for free use/trial of their game.

Pathfinder SRD
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

You can find folks advertising games on this forum or on the various game servers (Mayhem is my preferred one).

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:40 am
Profile YIM

ok great, what about ventrillo?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:56 am

Grimgrin wrote:
ok great, what about ventrillo?

Some folks use it, some use Teamspeak/Skype or the like. I've had good/bad experiences using voice over while using OpenRPG. I can type over 100 wpm so its easier/faster to type it then talk. I save taliking for f2f rpging which I do. However, your experience may differ if you play with a group who actually roleplays using voice over chat (some of the groups I played with had lots of background noise/ignored roleplaying or did more OOC with it).

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 am
Profile YIM