View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:06 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tomb of Haggemoth 3.5 D&D Wednesdays Recruiting 

Post Re: Tomb of Haggemoth 3.5 D&D Wednesdays Recruiting
Hey Lemming! I'd be happy to sign up with your group, if you've still got a spot or two that's open. I'm eager to really get a handle on OpenRPG.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:39 am

I MIGHT have room, but I don't know. Feel free to show up tomorrow. We won't be playing(since I doubt everyone is ready), but I figure it'll be a good way to see who I've got. Then we'll see what happens then. Anyone else should consider showing up at some point as well.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi,

you said 4d6 remove lowest for stats, I will build my Character using 32pt buy and then perhaps we can roll wednesday for final stats on OpenRPG?

See you tomorrow at about 8pm EST

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 am

Well, last night worked out better than I was expecting. All players involved get 100 experience. Not much, but you did manage through determination and failed of spot rolls to miss almost all the clues and subplots Ottoman Dock had to offer. What you do with the ones you may have noticed will determine future experience.

I apologize for running to any players who weren't able to show or didn't feel the need since we "probably wouldn't be playing". We were bored :p. Either way, other than the players needing to dish out the exposition instead of me there wasn't much that really needs to be explained. I can bring someone in at any point and anyone interested the group as of last night really could use a healer and trapfinder. If we still have any players with us who happen to have one of said character types, but just couldn't make it, feel free to let me know. As an addendum to rules, because almost everyone had horrid HP rolls, there is an additional hp rule. You can either take full hp first level and roll for the next two, or you can take half. If you already rolled and are below half feel free to bring it up.

On a further note, it seems we're pretty much nailed to 8 EST or possibly 7 EST less comfortably. Plenty of room for games either way, so no worries.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:10 am

Alright, as far as the healer goes, I have officially added an npc to the story, unless someone comes in that might fill the role before you can come across the character. They will take a cut of experience and a cut of any treasure, unless you feel you want to negotiate otherwise. However, considering your current group, they will be quite useful. I tried to add a little relevance to the story, but there's only so much you can do without making it look hokey.

As another note, someone should probably look into learning a little bit of trapfinding in a level or two. You will probably regret it, if you don't.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm

I'd be inclined to change my character up into a more healer type roll if you'd prefer. I don't mind, especially since it seems we have people better suite for tanking / damage soaking anyway. It would however be my first caster.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:12 pm

If you feel like you'd want to do that, it might be a good idea indeed. However, if you only feel you'd want to do it simply because it's needed, don't worry about that. The npc mentioned will be quite useful in this case and possibly a few others. So, I suppose it goes more on the lines of "if it feels good, do it". Regardless of what you do, I still would like to point out that trapfinding will likely still be a problem regardless. However, neither of these issues need to be worried about heavily.

I'm just pointing out holes in the parties dynamic. However, even with just your four characters I can see ways to easily fix these problems. I'll be around preparing/working on other things after about 2:00 EST, so feel free to show up and we can discuss anything you lot need. If you can't show up till later, don't worry about it. Who knows, maybe the parts that seem off might be the most entertaining part of the game.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:47 pm

Alright, posting experience an a recap so far so I don't have to keep posting recaps.
Experience:
First session = 100 exp
Second session = 200+ 150 for anyone who bathed in the pool of Palanthus. To those who did, there may be a further bonus in your future based on what you contemplated.

Recap:
The six characters that have all been summoned by Zenatos for a job. Despite their own misgivings about the situation, they all went to see him. His goal was to find the Tomb of Haggemoth, The beardless. Haggemoth is thought to only be an old Dwarven legend, but you have been told that he may actually exist. Supposedly he was driven out of his former hold by the Dwarven thanes, jealous of his wealth and power and fearful as to the means he used to gain them. Zenatos has given you a token to go see the Oracle of Alcazar to find your path to the tomb.

The group ended up chartering the rum-soaked captain Roger Crispe and his rickety ship, The Manky Bastard. Upon meeting the new recruit of Sunshine they returned to Zenatos to find he is actually quite ill. There Shayla gained a strange new burst of confidence in the mission. They then met with another new recruit in Orun. They all went to the Briny Rose to discuss everything, but soon discovered strange goings on there. Before they could investigate it they were forced out. They attributed it to their questions about the bracers the servers wear. They quickly made their way to the Island of Alcazar where they learned more of the Oracle and the reasons others are attempting to meet her. Despite an initial reluctance due to the fact that their token was originally given to Lord Frohman. The group is now currently waiting till the next day and looking to ask a man named Shalackar to elaborate on his situation. He may be looking for the tomb himself, so they should approach with caution.

On another note, things should start picking up from here. We backtracked quite a bit last session. However, you did learn about a few things and as of now, you should have no problems with backtracking anymore as things will progress you won't have much time to look back.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:46 pm

It's clobberin' time?!

Wait. I'm playing the support healing role now. /sadface ;)

Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:09 pm

It could very well be clobberin' time *insert evil laugh*. In all seriousness, assuming you don't get hung up too much on the island, you'll be getting in quite a bit of combat. Even if you do, it really depends on how progress. I'm serious when I say, if you're careful and lucky enough, you can probably get through a good majority of this game without combat. Knowing your party, however, I assure you that you'll run into quite a lot. One of the reasons I really like this adventure: Wit and guile can get you through a lot more of situations than I've seen in most campaigns, but that doesn't mean that's the only way to go. It all depends on how you play it and how well you work together. I'm REALLY curious.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next