View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tomb of Haggemoth 3.5 D&D Wednesdays Recruiting 

Post Re: Tomb of Haggemoth 3.5 D&D Wednesdays Recruiting
I smell face smashing on the horizon.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 am

Hello. I saw your game setting and was intrigued, because of the seafaring story and the medieval outlook on magic though. It appears though, that you have the full recommended 6 players in a campaign, so I just wish to express my interest in joining should a spot become available. Cheers.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:54 pm

I am terribly sorry if this caused any issues/troubles, I was unable to be on the last few sessions due to severe problems with my internet provider. Those have been solved so I should be able to participate normally from now on.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

Sorry Rayneth, at this point the group is not only full but also has two npcs following them(well, one now but two after they finish something for him). It's already at the point of getting a little silly so unfortunately we don't have any room.

Rusty, I was actually going to message you about that because I had no word from you and you didn't show up yesterday. However, that works out anyway. You didn't miss a whole lot on session 2, but session three had enormous significance to the events. You're a little behind on experience, too, so you're lucky you don't have low hp anymore :p. On that note, as far as experience goes on missing sessions, if it's too significant an amount I might give you a small percentage so that you don't fall too far behind.

Experience up till this point
Session 1:100 exp
Session 2:200 exp + 150 if you bathed in a pool of Palanthus.
Session 3: 600 exp. Beezoo, I'll give you 100 in addition to your previous 100 exp.

Recap:
So far, we've been tasked with the finding of the Tomb of Haggemoth, by a "lying bastard" known as Zenatos. He made a forgery of a token for you to go see the Oracle of Alcazar. The tomb must be found and its walls breached or he will die (though he will probably die anyway once Raina gets her hands on him). Shaly, who had read the book Zenatos had found was also placed under the same curse, so you probably shouldn't give up on this task at any point. Anyway, you chartered a rickety old ship, the Manky Bastard, and traveled to the Island of Alcazar. There you met Shelackar who asked you to help him retrieve something from the Pit of Thud on the desert island of El-Fendar. You met with Lord Frohman, the Butcher of Skago, and learned of Zenatos' lies. Onur still does not realize who Lord Frohman is, despite talking with him. You met with the Oracle and despite her vague rambling, you learned several hints as to how you might find the Tomb of Haggemoth. It is probably coincidence, but the "key" to the Tomb can be found in the Pit of Thud in the Tomb of Udo, the Grey, the same place you were to go for Shelackar. Now after having promised Lord Frohman a percentage of your profits(10% on large haul, 14% on medium, 18% on small) you are off to El-Fendar.

The Oracle's riddle:
“You must pass through Ice, and through Fire.
You must find what lies beneath.
And a choice hangs in the balance.
A cold Titan stands upon a field of ice
Ruling over the body of a dead king.
Your compass lies at his feet
A toothless maw crying despair
Drowns Under a sea of sands
The Grey Wizard holds your key in trust
A red moon hangs
Over a forest of bound leaves
Your map is jealously guarded
The fate of a soul lies in your hands.”

Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Orun remind me to talk to you tomorrow about something. I did a little bit of rereading and I noticed something that might cause a bit of a problem with your character.

Experience up till this point
Session 1:100 exp
Session 2:200 exp + 150 if you bathed in a pool of Palanthus.
Session 3: 600 exp. Beezoo, I'll give you 100 in addition to your previous 100 exp.
Session 4:800 exp.

Recap:
So far, you've been attempting to follow clues to find the Tomb of Haggemoth. Zenatos made a forgery of a token for you to go see the Oracle of Alcazar. The tomb must be found and its walls breached or he will die. Shaly, who had read the book Zenatos had found was also placed under the same curse, so you probably shouldn't give up on this task at any point. Anyway, you chartered a rickety old ship, the Manky Bastard, and traveled to the Island of Alcazar. There you met Shelackar who asked you to help him retrieve something from the Pit of Thud on the desert island of El-Fendar. You met with Lord Frohman, the Butcher of Skago, and learned of Zenatos' lies. Onur still does not realize who Lord Frohman is, despite talking with him. You met with the Oracle and despite her vague rambling, you learned several hints as to how you might find the Tomb of Haggemoth. It is probably coincidence, but the "key" to the Tomb can be found in the Pit of Thud in the Tomb of Udo, the Grey, the same place you were to go for Shelackar. Now after having promised Lord Frohman a percentage of your profits(10% on large haul, 14% on medium, 18% on small) you sailed to El-Fendar. On your way there, you ran into a sinking ship and fought some Sahuagin and their sharks for 3 hours. You managed to find your way to El-Fendar where you met the Fuzwah and learned very little about anything. Using his library in conjunction with Shelackar's map you have found a somewhat safe passage to the Pit of Thud(this happened between sessions).

The Oracle's riddle:
A red moon hangs

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Sorry this took so long, but I've been quite busy this week. I'll try and post immediately after the game tomorrow.

Experience Totals
Beezoo:5,100
Jarak:5,650
Onur:5,600
Raina:5,050
Shaly:5,800

Recap:
So far, you've been attempting to follow clues to find the Tomb of Haggemoth. Zenatos made a forgery of a token for you to go see the Oracle of Alcazar. The tomb must be found and its walls breached or he will die. Shaly, who had read the book Zenatos had found was also placed under the same curse, so you probably shouldn't give up on this task at any point. Anyway, you chartered a rickety old ship, the Manky Bastard, and traveled to the Island of Alcazar. There you met Shelackar who asked you to help him retrieve something from the Pit of Thud on the desert island of El-Fendar. You met with Lord Frohman, the Butcher of Skago, and learned of Zenatos' lies. Onur still does not realize who Lord Frohman is, despite talking with him. You met with the Oracle and despite her vague rambling, you learned several hints as to how you might find the Tomb of Haggemoth. It is probably coincidence, but the "key" to the Tomb can be found in the Pit of Thud in the Tomb of Udo, the Grey, the same place you were to go for Shelackar. Now after having promised Lord Frohman a percentage of your profits(10% on large haul, 14% on medium, 18% on small) you sailed to El-Fendar. On your way there, you ran into a sinking ship and fought some Sahuagin and their sharks for 3 hours. You managed to find your way to El-Fendar where you met the Fuzwah and learned very little about anything. Using his library in conjunction with Shelackar's map you have found a somewhat safe passage to the Pit of Thud. There you managed to get past the guardians and beat the unliving crap out of Udo's mummified apprentice. Now you continue through to find the Rod of Storms.

The Oracle's riddle:
A red moon hangs

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Unfortunately, due to personal matters that just popped up an hour ago, I am going to have to cancel today's game. If any of you want, I can reschedule any day before Sunday at any time during the day or night. Sunday and later, I'm not sure about my work schedule, so I don't know. However, there will still be a game next Wednesday and if you're all on later tonight, I might be able to do something even if it's just messing around without progressing the storyline. However, if we do that, I can't set a time since I'm not sure how long my obligation will take me. I'm really sorry about this, but this kind of thing usually doesn't happen.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, as far as I go, I can do any day within this week, preferably the weekends, but I sadly can't really say for sure how long will I stay awake tonight. So, it comes down to "If I'm there, I'm there"

Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:07 am

Sorry if you came and waited last night because I got in at 2:30 in the morning. However, any one else can post a time they might be available. I am literally available any time. However, if wednesdays are the only times you're available, I'll find another way to make it up.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 pm

I must apologise, something urgent came up last night (a roommate got into a hospital T_T) so I had to skip the session. Terribly sorry, I promise I'll be there next time.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next