View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next
 Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone? 

Post Re: Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
daddystabz wrote:
NOTE: I am working on a condensed version of the races of the Hyborian Age document right now. It will also contain some corrections and additions. So you might want to hold off on printing the original or anything, lol.

Cool, I've not printed them, but I did see a lot of issues when I glanced at them. I got Microsoft Office 2000 and OpenOffice.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm
Profile YIM

OpenOffice is utter garbage. I am using it right now because I cannot afford to buy a copy of MS Word. I completed 3-4 hours of work on a new version of this document using OpenOffice a bit ago. It came in at 44 pages, but after saving it as a .doc file, whenever I try to open it now it gives me a read error saying it is not a valid WinWord 97 file. I just wasted my entire evening....3-4 hours and 44 pages with of work down the toilet thanks to this craptastic program.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 am

i reccomend google docs im doing my character up on it and i use it all the time for stuff!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18o7aIxG86w-IPtKgL_xUbdQiYM8CI_48anhSRegFvOs/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLy8_zk

are my boons and flaws ok? do they work for you GM?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:24 am

daddystabz wrote:
OpenOffice is utter garbage. I am using it right now because I cannot afford to buy a copy of MS Word. I completed 3-4 hours of work on a new version of this document using OpenOffice a bit ago. It came in at 44 pages, but after saving it as a .doc file, whenever I try to open it now it gives me a read error saying it is not a valid WinWord 97 file. I just wasted my entire evening....3-4 hours and 44 pages with of work down the toilet thanks to this craptastic program.

I've used OpenOffice just fine for 2 semesters of work in my grad studies. You need to save it using the Word 97-2003 format. Send me the file I might be able to fix it. Most libraries have Microsoft Office on them (or the ones here in my county do), so consider that or take it to Office Depot and have them convert it or another place.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:06 am
Profile YIM

Yeah, I tried some old tricks with the file but to no avail. I'll link you to download it and you can see what you can do with it. My GF and myself are buying MS Office 2010 tonight.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:04 am

I finally got MS Office 2010 last night and was able to put in a number of hours getting up a new version. Here is the link to the new and improved Races of Hyboria document for use with BoL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3PB34AB

In addition, you will want to grab this list of boons and flaws that a lot of the races in the previous document utilize, since these are custom specific ones for the individual Hyborian races: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0SNG1WZ5

Your PDF or hard copy of BoL should contain a master list of the boons and flaws that come with the game at the very back of your rulebook. If you want a handy reference you can print out or if you do not have the PDF or hard copy of the rules yet you can download this list here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F5WXT5BZ

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:37 pm

I tried to convert your previous document, it's not happening. Glad to see you got the new Office and redid them. I grabbed them. I'll definitely begin crafting a pc. Any thoughts on when you want to run it?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:42 pm
Profile YIM

That is something we should be discussing. What day of the week/time works for you all? I have an online MERP 2e game Saturdays at 9pm est. and I will also have a face-to-face game that will be going on as well. My face-to-face group is meeting this Sunday to discuss what we will be playing and I will know what day of the week and time they will be meeting then.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:16 pm

daddystabz wrote:
That is something we should be discussing. What day of the week/time works for you all? I have an online MERP 2e game Saturdays at 9pm est. and I will also have a face-to-face game that will be going on as well. My face-to-face group is meeting this Sunday to discuss what we will be playing and I will know what day of the week and time they will be meeting then.

I'm on the U.S. west coast California -Pacific time. my weekends are busier than my weekdays.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Like I said, I'm pretty good for anytime other then Wednesday nights (Central time). I think I could even do Wednesdays from 12 to 5pm.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next