View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next
 Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone? 

Post Re: Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
daddystabz wrote:
Priest characters will be fine (ex: Priest of Mitra). I'm still considering how I will handle players that wish to play sorcerers/wizards. The magic system is highly ritual in nature, to model the sword & sorcery genre. The party of characters will be heroes and not overtly villainous in nature so any mage will not be able to do sacrifices and things of that nature to bring about power. However, other types of casting that isn't overtly evil in nature should work and for roleplaying/mechanical purposes will allow us to explore the fine line between power and corruption. The more power a caster asks for and works to achieve, the more chance he has to falling into the clutches of corruption and even evil from the beyond. In addition, some members of the party will likely be distrustful of magic, which could give us slight roleplaying opportunities for interpersonal conflict.

As for sending you those files, they are way too large to send via e-mail. I will have to look for you on Skype.

Try Dropbox

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Any news?

Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I am going to look through the thread and try to decide what day of the week and time sounds good. I will post a suggestion very soon, probably tonight and see if that works for everyone. I am hoping to start soon, maybe toward the end of this week. I was holding off at first because my face-to-face weekly RPG group is bringing in several new members and we are supposed to meet this Sunday to figure everything out. I think they will be meeting on Sundays but I'm not 100% for sure. I also play Saturdays in Lando's MERP 2e game.

I am going to start prepping an adventure now as well. I will probably run a module specifically for BoL but adapted to Hyboria or a Conan RPG module to get us started.

Have any of you already designed your character yet? You can send them to me at jonathan.baldridge@gmail.com. If you are trying to create a character from a race not listed in my Races of Hyboria ver 3 doc, just let me know what you have in mind and we can think of what boons and flaws would be appropriate for that character to choose from. The only one I can think of that wasn't specifically talked about were Iranistanis and they are supposed to be very much similar to Shemites so if you wanted to roll one of these, just choose from the Shemite boons & flaws list and roll with it.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 am

daddystabz wrote:
Have any of you already designed your character yet?

I wanted to make sure I could play first before bothering to making a pc. Sundays will be out for me as I'm intending to join Athos's Rifts game unless its early in the day (like morning)

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:59 am
Profile YIM

I'm not saying this game will be on Sundays....my face-to-face group is playing on Sundays. For this game it seems the most likely day will be a weekday.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 am

this is my Nordheimer warrior
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f0z ... y=CKHQ-YMG

this is my pirate sawbones

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18o7 ... ey=CLy8_zk

i am free most week day evenings but i may start work friday and saturday night.

I like the Age of Conan era for the game alot.

which character works best for the campaign?

daveinsel@gmail.com

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 am

Both characters look fine, gunsel. Good job.

I say play whichever you like the best and could enjoy playing the most.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:38 am

I got a problem. I can't find the info on the homebrew boons and flaws in either of the documents. Can I get that in a separate document?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Here is a direct link to the Hyborian Age specific boons and flaws: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0SNG1WZ5

uglyamerican wrote:
I got a problem. I can't find the info on the homebrew boons and flaws in either of the documents. Can I get that in a separate document?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm

I am currently working on a short house rules doc that I'm considering. I will upload it soon for you all to look at/download and you can let me know what you think. The goal is to adequately cover a few areas I've been thinking of and to add an element of grit/brutality to combat to mimic Howard style conflict.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:02 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 48  Next