View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 48  Next
 Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone? 

Post Re: Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
I am starting to prep adventure #1 so we are about ready to get going!

As for day of the week and time: Can you guys do Mondays at 9pm eastern and if so, how long could we play? Would 7 or 8pm work better for you? I've only heard back from one player so far, uglyamerican, saying he is good with that.

List of character so far:

Lando The Archmagi: TBD
gunsel: Sioric Dunmharu
uglyamerican: Cheluk the Killer
Manuel of the Plains: TBD

I need characters from those that haven't sent them over yet please.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:06 pm

daddystabz wrote:
I need characters from those that haven't sent them over yet please.

I've been very busy with grad school (tests/projects) and job hunting lately. I have 3 hrs of classes tonight even. I can do 8-11 pm EST or so on Mon nights. I've not had a chance to review the pc stuff yet, probably going to make my Aesir female Warrior/thief. Probably won't have her done until this weekend, depends on how complicated it is.

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:58 pm
Profile YIM

It's one of the least complicated systems I've ever seen!

Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

You can literally make a PC in like 5 mins. It is ok to get it me this weekend. I'd just like to be able to see everyone's characters before the first session so I can get a feel for them before-hand and so I can work in a nice story for how you all got together.

What ideas do you all have for why you ended up together as an adventuring party?

Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 pm

I prefer short backgrounds for this matter, I like it when the characters barely know eachother in the start.

We could be employed by whoever is convenient for the story, of course. My character might be hiding or fleeing the law, and I might run into other roguish characters that way. But of course I'd like to hear about the other characters.

By the way, I'm sort of coming into this expecting this to be a campaign. Or will it be a one-shot? Or, will it be a mix of the two, with the same characters playing through different, unrelated stories, like a pulp serial?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:49 am

Ongoing campaign.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 am

daddystabz wrote:
I am starting to prep adventure #1 so we are about ready to get going!

As for day of the week and time: Can you guys do Mondays at 9pm eastern and if so, how long could we play? Would 7 or 8pm work better for you? I've only heard back from one player so far, uglyamerican, saying he is good with that.

Thats fine for me.
I'll be finishing up a character for consideration today.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:12 pm

I started on a concept for a Zingaran character, but then I noticed that I had to take delicate as a flaw. I was just wondering why that is?

Does this mean I have to take it automatically or only if I choose to take a flaw.
Thanks.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:10 pm

It means automatically. The Mongoose book mentions they are wiry and thin. I believe it also mentions they are low of constitution, if I remember correctly. I think it said Conan punched and killed one once with a single punch.

Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Can he spend two hero points to buy off the 'delicate' flaw? I know that's not technically in the rules, but it's essentially the same thing as if he had just spent hero points to buy a boon, and it sounds fair to me.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:07 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 48  Next