View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next
 Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone? 

Post Re: Barbarians of Lemuria CONAN anyone?
Until this school semester ends in mid/late April, I'm only available on Mon/Wed nights after 7:30 pm EST or Sundays after 7:30 EST. All three nights I can play until 11 pm/midnight EST.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 pm
Profile YIM

Also, I'm thinking of running the game during the Age of Conan game period of time....namely after Conan becomes king of Aquilonia. That way the stage is set for your heroes to become the main focus of further adventures in this part of the Hyborian Age.

What do you all think?

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am

AoC period is fine with me.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:33 am

I guess that's fine, I know of the stories, never played the AoC game, just have seen some trailers. I got the Conan Xbox 360 game though and lots of Conan stuff (comics/graphic novels/books/rpg stuf etc))

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 am
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
I guess that's fine, I know of the stories, never played the AoC game, just have seen some trailers. I got the Conan Xbox 360 game though and lots of Conan stuff (comics/graphic novels/books/rpg stuf etc))

Same here I never played the game but i figure its just around the time of the King Conan stories / comics

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:52 am

Well, I won't be basing the campaign on the game itself but just set during the same period. That's not to say that I won't find inspiration there in one form or another though.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 am

Sounds good. Not that it really matters; if this campaign is a by-the-books Conan story, we won't be spending much time in Aquilonia anyway, and more time in uncharted territory and eastern or southern lands. Whoever king of Aquilonia is probably won't change much.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 am

You are correct, uglyamerican. The only way the setting time period will really effect us is if we ever go to Aquilonia and possibly ever get to meet king Conan himself. Other than that I mostly wanted to let everyone know for their own grasp of the setting, especially for Conan scholars.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:13 am

I'm planning on playing a thief or warrior, haven't quite decided exactly what though.

By the way, although it's not an issue if nobody wants to play one, but are wizards going to be allowed for player use? Some players of the Mongoose Conan RPG have said that they prefer not to have players using the 'scholar' (spellcaster) class. What do you think?

Oh, and, uh, hm, yea, I hope it's not to much to ask but I'd like those files mentioned earlier sent to me over Skype or attached to an e-mail.

Email: Spartanwarmaster@cox.net

Filesharing sites, I'm not a fan of, so... if it's really not to much to ask I'd like those documents sent directly to me.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Priest characters will be fine (ex: Priest of Mitra). I'm still considering how I will handle players that wish to play sorcerers/wizards. The magic system is highly ritual in nature, to model the sword & sorcery genre. The party of characters will be heroes and not overtly villainous in nature so any mage will not be able to do sacrifices and things of that nature to bring about power. However, other types of casting that isn't overtly evil in nature should work and for roleplaying/mechanical purposes will allow us to explore the fine line between power and corruption. The more power a caster asks for and works to achieve, the more chance he has to falling into the clutches of corruption and even evil from the beyond. In addition, some members of the party will likely be distrustful of magic, which could give us slight roleplaying opportunities for interpersonal conflict.

As for sending you those files, they are way too large to send via e-mail. I will have to look for you on Skype.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 48  Next