View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

GMT based groups 

Post Re: GMT based groups
Should we meet up on Tuesday to discuss character creation and what we want from a story/ nominate a GM?

Sat May 07, 2011 7:07 pm

I can find the time, but where are the others?

Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 am

Hi,
I didn't click the "notify me when a reply is posted" button and missed that the discussion continuted.
I'm still game for a game and think its a good idea just to meet virtually and discuss next steps.
I still think that Tuesdays work but other days are good too. An observation about time though, given that it's now summer, my kids are staying awake longer and I probably won't be avaialbe until 7 UK time (8pm CET).

Do you all have similar issues?

Finally, I think 4E DND sounds good, I'd be happy just to play a Fighter just to keep things simple, because you need one and because I know people usually want to play something more versitile.

Stuart
Feel free to PM me (if these boards support it) and I'll happily give you my private email (not wanting to post it here).

Fri May 13, 2011 8:34 am

If someone is still available I would like to game too. Problem is, I never played any pen and paper rpg because I never found anyone to play with me. So if GM is willing to teach me how to play while the game is ocurring, it would be great...

Thu May 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Is it too late to post an intereat? I'm a GMT based player looking for a group, would love to play Dark Heries, but have alot of experiance in D&D both playing and DMing (3rd edition though)

Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Sumarizing this thread - it seems like we do have a small group of folks interested in trying it but we lack a bit of experience in how to go about it.

To that end, I plan on trying to work out how this VTT business actually works and then try and see if I can put something together. This is unlikely to be something I can do quickly as the applications, technology and the rulesets are all new to me. Add in balancing real life & family then it could take a while.

If anyone on the thread has experience runnign any of the VTTs then that would be good to know.

Also, I wonder if anyone has created maps for the Red Box Starter Set. I have the box set and thought for those could be a good way to simplify all our learnings and set a common ground.

Thoughts?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:55 am

Last edited by HarryJJ on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 pm

I would also like to join if possible.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:03 pm

I think it would be cool if one or two of the more experienced players made a simple game to introduce others to the world of role-play. This way it would "create" more players. Maybe a game based on those basic dungeons and dragons box set?

EDIT: Maybe we could make a chat room on messenger or any other program and brainstorm some ideas on how to get this done?

EDIT2: Also, how do you send a private message on this forum? I can't seem to find a button anywhere...

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm

It looks like you can send a private message.

I clicked the url up the top that says "0 new messages" (its in a menu list that starts with User Control Panel:...)

This takes you to an email-esque UI that features a 'compose message' link.

Give that a try :)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 am