View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Rifts Anyone? 

Post Rifts Anyone?
Hey all

I have wanted to play in a European/African campaign of Rifts for quite some time, but would be up for just about anywhere.

Willing to GM or play... are there any other Rifters out there?

I am good for just about any night but Tuesdays.

Athos

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Post Re: Rifts Anyone?
Athos wrote:
Hey all

I have wanted to play in a European/African campaign of Rifts for quite some time, but would be up for just about anywhere.

Willing to GM or play... are there any other Rifters out there?

I am good for just about any night but Tuesdays.

Athos

My ongoing Rifts game is Friday nights 9 pm est til 12:30-1 am. I have openings for a couple of players. The group is in the New West currently.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile YIM

Am recruiting now on Mayhem for a Sunday afternoon game, set in europe/africa.

Stop by or PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Athos

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Athos wrote:
Am recruiting now on Mayhem for a Sunday afternoon game, set in europe/africa.

Stop by or PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Athos

I might be interested.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 pm
Profile YIM

It would be great to have you Lando, what times are good for you?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

You were each given a credit stick with 100,000 credits and first class transportation to Orleans, France, and whether by boat or by aircraft, you have made your way safely here. The invitation was signed Duke of Orleans, and it was a request for assistance and a promise that you would be paid an additional 100,000 credits for simply showing up and hearing the offer. This sounds too good to be true, but the 100,000 credits spent just fine, so you are feeling lucky and go to hear what this "Duke" has to say.

When you show up at the castle of the Duke, you are given richly appointed rooms, a servant to see to your needs, and are wined and dined in splendor for several days as a few more adventurous types show up. None of your questions are answered though, the servants seem to know nothing, other than that they are to see to your needs and make you comfortable until the Duke returns. You visit amoungst yourselves getting to know each other briefly over a couple of enjoyable days in the country air.

On Sunday though, an egyptian looking fellow shows up. He is bloody and tired and looks as if he has just come from battle. He introduces himself as Archimedes. He has just come from Egypt on a scouting mission for the Duke but will say no more. That evening the Duke arrives and summons you all to a banquet. The meal is splendid, the wine exceptional and the Duke is charming. After the meal, those that smoke are given the best cigars and pipe weed and you retire to the den.

The Duke is clearly a d-bee, although even the most prejudiced human must admit that he has class and charm, he is still a large lizard that walks on two legs. His robes are gem encrusted silk, and are worth enough to buy some smaller kingdoms. He is soft spoken and clearly intelligent, but that is all you seem to be able to surmise. He begins to speak...

"First things first, here is the additional 100,000 credits I promised each of you"

His butler brings each of you an additional credit stick. You quickly check and sure enough, it has the funds promised.

"My friends, and I hope you will become my friends, I have gathered you here because I need assistance. Now before you begin to think this is a charity job, I want to assure you, you will be among the highest paid mercenaries on the planet if you accept my mission. But, and there is always a but... you must be willing and able to prove yourself capable before I send you out on the true mission, by completing a relatively minor mission for me here in Paris, just north of here. We shall not speak of the true mission, but rest assured, you will be helping many people if you make it that far."

"So, in order to prove your worthiness, I need you to track down and destroy a bunch of vampires operating out of Paris. There are foreign powers, the English, the Germans and the Gargoyles that are all fighting over France right now, but France must be independant, and I intend to keep her that way. The problem with me moving my forces into Paris right now, is that there is a vampire infestation, and I do not have the where-with-all to fight the foreigners and the vampires. Rid the city of the vampires and return to me, and you will be richly rewarded and I shall reveal to you the purpose I have gathered you here for."

"You will be able to use my castle here at Orleans as your base as you investigate Paris, my operators and techno wizards are at your disposal to recharge any items you might have. If you defeat the vampires, I will give each of you 1,000,000 credits. A fair payment, I should think. Any gear or treasure you come across during your investigations is yours assuming you acquire it legally. Any questions?"

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

What time on Sundays? What is starting level? Any houserules?

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:42 pm

I could be interested in this game. I'm playing a man of magic in Lando's game, so I'd probably go for something more man-at-arms. Maybe a combat cyborg.

Arelius111 brings up some interesting points that would need clarifications.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Athos wrote:
It would be great to have you Lando, what times are good for you?

I'm free most anytime on Sundays, the only things that'll interfere is school work or something family related. I do my f2f gaming on Saturday afternoons.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile YIM

Time would be be 7 pm EST or earlier to start, I have to get up early on Monday mornings :(

But any time from noon to 7 pm would probably be ok as a starting time with me, so it would depend on when I could get the most players.

Starting level is 3, due to the difficulty, instead of 1st.

I will be using RUE as the base rule set, with GMG as the secondary. If there is a conflict between the two, I will make a ruling based on what makes most sense at the time, choosing between the two.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next