View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm

[recruiting] Macross using Mekton Z 

Post [recruiting] Macross using Mekton Z
I plan on starting a Macross game using the Mekton Zeta rules.
I have posted the synapsis sheet Here.
The game day will be sunday (unless there is interest but they cant make a sunday game).

Those interested can reply here or send a private PM.
Most will start off with a VF-1A if they go the Veritech pilot way, depending on character background etc they might get a VF-1J.

Feel free to come with any questions and/or comments, just post here or send a PM.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 am

Post Re: [recruiting] Macross using Mekton Z
i am interested. should have something for you in a day.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:34 pm

I have posted two templates Here that can be used (comments/suggestions on how they can be improved are also welcome as well as suggestions for new templates and/or professions).

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm intereste sign me up.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm interested. I shall uh get to building a character background ^^

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 pm

I made a small update to the synopsis sheet.
Life path can be rolled or picked or a combination there, but starting founds will be rolled by me for each player.
Any other questions feel free to ask.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Update.

The game will begin just before Episode 05 of Macross, that is after they made the hyper space fold and the Macross city within the SDF-1 is just about finished. (Episod 5 is named "Transformation").
The players who select to play as Veritech pilots will be part of a "new" squadron, basically the old members are MIA or confirmed KIA, this also goes for the players who select the Professional path, they will have been on other squadrons and then reassigned or something similar (you can pick your own reason for the transfer as long as its not to unbelievable), if a player has his heart set on being in the same squadron as when he joined I will consider it, after all, the point of a game is for people to have fun.

I just noticed another thing people should keep in mind when designing there characters.
Trial production of the MBR-04 Tomahawk series begins in December of 2003, and this is the first Destroid constructed.
The trial prototype production of VF-X variable fighter system begins early in the year 2006 and is the first VF constructed.

What this means basically is that if the character is a professional he/she cant have more then 1 period as a VF pilot (2006-2007 or 2007-2008) and 2 periods as a Destroid pilot (2004-2007 or 2005-2008), the game is set in March 2009 and therefor no professional time can be used during that year. Keep in mind that a VF can be piloted with the Aircraft skill while in fighter mode, and I am open to suggestions when it comes to background (if its a good background thats believable I might let things slide so to speak).

I want to keep this as close to the "real" timeline of Macross as possible thats why Im pointing this out.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Like I posted in your other Mekton Z thread, I am very interested in joining a game like this. Although I have never played this type of game (played MANY other tabletop RPGs though), I am a quick learner and have the books. Also I dont really know much about Macross but I wiki'd it lol.

If all of this is fine, I would like to join this game.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Edited the previous post.

Also did some updates to the templates.
And I made some equipment as well, they can be found Here

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

@Punamit
Its not a problem with me, Macross and Robotech are almost the same, there are a couple of differences, for example, Mars base was destroyed by the Zentradi in Robotech, while in Macross it was destroyed by the Anti-UN forces.

So if you know Robotech your as good as ready to go anyway.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:58 pm