View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 2nd edition AD&D, Friday nights (Recruiting) 

Post 2nd edition AD&D, Friday nights (Recruiting)
I run a game on OpenRPG that's been active for the past four months (with a few breaks for the holidays) and takes place in a home-brew campaign setting. We use 2nd edition AD&D rules.

Time is from 10 pm EST to 3 am EST (or 7 pm to 12 midnight for people on the West Coast). Perfect game for people who like to play late nights.

We have a couple of openings. Characters are 1st level; roster is: human fighter, dwarf fighter, human wizard, half-elven druid, human thief (swashbuckler kit). The game setting is somewhat "low-magic", meaning that while wizards exist, they're not as commonplace as say, Faerûn or Greyhawk.

The ratio of RP to combat is about 65/35. It's a character-driven game, meaning that the PCs' actions determine how the story moves forward (with a little help from the DM).

If you're interested, drop me a line at SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com, and we can take it from there. I don't check this forum as much as I used to.

Thanks.

PS. I also run a game on Saturday nights. Different group, different storyline, same world. I'll post an ad for that game in a separate thread.

Last edited by TaliesinNYC on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Post Re: 2nd edition AD&D, Friday nights (Recruiting)
What are the biggest needs. I can put together a healer in a heartbeat...in fact I have a Sonnlinor which I could use and I also have a bard!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:03 pm

The group could really use a full-time cleric, a paladin, a bard or a druid.

Keep in mind the character has to be 2nd edition AD&D legal. Any kit needs to be vetted by me. I don't know what a Sonnlinor is. Maybe you can tell me which splatbook it comes from?

Also, because the game takes place in a homebrew setting, you'll probably want to know more about that. Drop me a line at my e-mail -- SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com and we can discuss further.

Thanks.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 pm

Still recruiting.

Game time has been changed to 9:30 pm to 3 am EST.

Newbies to 2nd edition AD&D are a plus. Prior experience is not necessary -- we will teach you. Everyone in the group has an abundance of experience with various editions of D&D ranging from OD&D (the white box edition) to 3E/3.5.

We're looking for people who are dependable most of all.

Drop me a line at SobaAddict70 at gmail dot com if you're interested and we'll talk further.

Taliesin

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

I have experience with 2nd edition (although it has been a decade or so) and I usually play a Cleric if you still have an opening.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:31 am

Thanks for the replies. Three people sent me e-mail; unfortunately that means we're full up. Anyone else who wants to join will have to go on the waiting list.

My other game (recruit thread here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169 ) needs players so if you still want in and you're free on Saturday, maybe we can talk about that.

Thanks again.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:16 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]