View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Star Trek - LUG 

Post Re: Star Trek - LUG
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1ZEU4DJX
The Next Generation Core Rules

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FI2URSRS
The Next Generation Player's Guide

These two books should allow you to create a PC for the game using the TNG rules. BTW, sorry for the long delay, I was without internet at the house and the books were on my main machine here, which is a desktop. If you should want any more info please let me know.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Just curious......I've heard this game is just as complicated as CODA Trek. I've looked through the books Lando linked to and that looks right. I also heard the CODA game was basically an update to the LUG game, since it is similar and was made by the same group of people. I have all the CODA books and they are all available on PDF as well, I'm just wondering what advantage this game would have to CODA Trek when both are easily available in PDF, CODA is newer, they are both supposedly equally complicated, and CODA is basically an updated version of the LUG game. Also, there is material for more eras of Trek available for CODA.

Just wondering as all and don't mean to sound pretentious. Does anyone have a link to the original series Star Trek LUG book? I'd love to play a game in that era one day.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

daddystabz wrote:
Just curious......I've heard this game is just as complicated as CODA Trek. I've looked through the books Lando linked to and that looks right. I also heard the CODA game was basically an update to the LUG game, since it is similar and was made by the same group of people. I have all the CODA books and they are all available on PDF as well, I'm just wondering what advantage this game would have to CODA Trek when both are easily available in PDF, CODA is newer, they are both supposedly equally complicated, and CODA is basically an updated version of the LUG game. Also, there is material for more eras of Trek available for CODA.

Just wondering as all and don't mean to sound pretentious. Does anyone have a link to the original series Star Trek LUG book? I'd love to play a game in that era one day.

Up and done at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7Q2BTSOH

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Thanks!

How do you all feel about LUG Trek vs. CODA Trek? I need to look this all over to see if it is something I'd want to play. I love RPGs and Trek.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 pm

daddystabz wrote:
Thanks!

How do you all feel about LUG Trek vs. CODA Trek? I need to look this all over to see if it is something I'd want to play. I love RPGs and Trek.

LUG is not anywhere near the same as CODA Trek. The core mechanics are easier and less d20ish, along with having a lot better feel for the fluff end of Trek. It handled the better parts of being on a starship better than CODA. I prefer it more because it tends to focus on Starfleet PCs as opposed to non-Starfleet personnel (unless you count the DS9 RPG).

Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:17 am

Ah, but can I make my Half-Klingon StarFleet Chief of Security officer?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:

Good point. However, I think there was only ever one real big half-Klingon discussed in any of the series and that was Alexander (Worf's son). I still say the fluff is better supported by the LUG system.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 pm

trollblood2008 wrote:

Good point. However, I think there was only ever one real big half-Klingon discussed in any of the series and that was Alexander (Worf's son). I still say the fluff is better supported by the LUG system.

I've made one with the CODA system and even had an avatar made by the guys at the ST Fan Avatar site even. I got the LUG STNG book and the Starfleet Academy boxed set, so I'd be open to trying it. I got all the CODA stuff.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile YIM

I have all the CODA stuff too and the PDFs as well.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 pm

trollblood2008 wrote:

I've made one with the CODA system and even had an avatar made by the guys at the ST Fan Avatar site even. I got the LUG STNG book and the Starfleet Academy boxed set, so I'd be open to trying it. I got all the CODA stuff.

Multiple Species characters should have been addressed better. Troi is a good example of how it should (as well as why) have been done. Although with the point buy system you could technically do so, if you were to skip the template system. That is advised for advanced users only, as the book states.

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:32 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next