View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

RIFTS! or something Palladium (Dead Reign?) 

Post RIFTS! or something Palladium (Dead Reign?)
This is my ongoing Rifts campaign moved from the old forums. The MIA pcs have this week to show up and or explain their absences from the last couple of games before I permanently drop them.

I will be permitting the 3 on my waiting list to join if they're still interested or I shall open up recruitment for new blood.

Day: Friday December 11th, 2009
Session #9
Game Time: 9:30 pm setup/10:00 pm est to 1 am
Room: RIFTS!
Server: Mayhem Gaming Server
Backup: Blackstar Games

Party
Former Paratrooper/Merc - Dunstan (Arelius)
Wolfen Cyberknight - Canus
Human Male Ex-CS Special Forces - Brent
Dog Boy-Tibbs (Jason)

MIA
Headhunter, Zeke Mason (kbrn)
Dwarven Male Ley Line Walker - Marras Thunderspe
Human Female Assassin - Tanya ar

RULES
Core: Rifts: Ultimate Edition
Sourcebooks: MercTown, MercOps, Mercenaries, Mercenary Adventures, various other RIFTS supplements (I own a great deal of them).

Character Level: 3rd
Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's
D-bees per specific D-bee's, no MDC or supernatural D-bees permitted.
No evil alignments
Starting Gear: Per OCC/RCC with possible weapons/armor and such approved by me.
Starting Funds: Maximum starting funds, including black market goods x2
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival in Merctown.
Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Game Forums
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/forum/3005477/

Waiting List
Kyper
Keaumik

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: RIFTS!
I'm still interested bossman. I'd have been there tonight to lurk and hang out however my daughter decided to have a friend over for the night. So I ended up with not just 2, but 3 girls between 8 and 11 in my house. Gah.

Anyway I'll get working on a character this weekend. Anything other then whats in your post I should know?

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 am

Last night not everyone showed up and I had some intermitent internet issues so I decided to chat a bit, then cancelled the game. I'm considering shifting the game to a Chaos Earth or possibly Dead Reign, but I do have openings.

Feel free to mention your thoughts here about which you'd play in.

Day: Friday December 19th, 2009
Session #9
Game Time: 9:30 pm setup/10:00 pm est to 1 am
Room: RIFTS!
Server: Mayhem Gaming Server
Backup: Blackstar Games

Party
Former Paratrooper/Merc - Dunstan (Arelius)
Wolfen Cyberknight - Canus
Human Male Ex-CS Special Forces - Brent
Dog Boy-Tibbs (Jason)
Opening-Kyper?
Opening

RULES
Core: Rifts: Ultimate Edition
Sourcebooks: MercTown, MercOps, Mercenaries, Mercenary Adventures, various other RIFTS supplements (I own a great deal of them).

Character Level: 3rd
Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's
D-bees per specific D-bee's, no MDC or supernatural D-bees permitted.
No evil alignments
Starting Gear: Per OCC/RCC with possible weapons/armor and such approved by me.
Starting Funds: Maximum starting funds, including black market goods x2
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival in Merctown.
Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Game Forums
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Mayhem_Gaming/forum/3005477/

Waiting List
Keaumik

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile YIM

I'm kinda partial to Rifts myself.

I do not own the book for either Chaos Earth or Dead Reign just yet, however looking at the discriptions of both I'd be kinda partial to either myself. Though, playing in the past of the Rifts universe in Chaos Earth has a sort of awesome appeal to it.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:09 am

I think Dead Reign would be fun. :) Sorry about the other night, worked way over. I think a change of pace to a zombie survival game would be nice.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 am

Rifting things over to chaos earth sounds like a pitch for a bad new series on syfy, hehe.

Take 2 canine humanoids, put them in a time and place they normally don't exists, and viola! Instant wacky hijinxs for them and their companions every Friday nights!

Unfortnately I don't have the dead reign books and really can't afford to get them right now.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Well Chaos Earth is just the early days of the apocalypse which becomes Rifts. So lots of the tech and magic etc hasn't been lost/refound yet. Mostly NEMA gear and other stuff. Dead Reign would be a possible alternate Earth/timeline/world to be Rifted too or the like.

Dead Reign is an SDC world, but zombies are hard to kill and resources aren't easy to obtain so it would require lots of team work, planning and the like. I would really like to run Dead Reign, but I might just hold off on it until after the holidays. Or just have a character creation session or something upcoming.

I've not gotten pcs from Kyper or Canus's brother yet either.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile YIM

Well I'm up for either one. Just need to point me in the right direction. I will say with Dead Reign; it might be easier to get new players as the setting is as vast as Rifts and character creation shouldnt be that hard.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 am

First post on this particular board. I would probably be interested in lurking, and if you have an opening could i be placed on the waiting list? Thanks!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

I might have two potentials for Dead Reign and only one for Chaos Earth. I will have to check with them first and that wont be until X-mas.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 pm