View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 60  Next
 RIFTS: Merctown 

Post Re: RIFTS: Merctown
Tibbs wrote:
Falcon79 wrote:
i'm putting my 200,000 to a shop/warehouse that can serve as a home base how many want to chip in?

This would be when we suddenly find ourselves halfway around the world... Hehe

I'm not sure that might be the best of investments until we have a better inkling of what fresh hell we'll be knee deep in. :o

Well i'm HOPING lando keeps the involuntary, d-shifting to a minimum this time, and we mostly deel with north american stuff this time.... Though, nonetheless, my char needs a mechanics shop to be abble to do his work, not thinking anthing major, large mdc ware house with ceiling cranes in a mdc fenced/walled in area (good for storrage of what we can't carry) with an ammo bunker for secure ammunition storage. Plus a permit to store our vehicle/bots there.

Also Should we forme a full merc unit with the rules in the adventure guide (also what size of one if we do... size 1 or 2 are best for PC controled groups).... :|

As well if we do a merc group should we get a sponsor? If so who? I vote Titan Robotics,Wilk's and or GAW if we do. Though there are others Like Lazlo and New Lazlo. Kingsdale, houstown and Los Alamos. :|

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Post Re: RIFTS: Merctown (2-3 openings)
This week has not been as good as I had hoped with my injured spouse still healing and I have had some bad falls/personal injuries myself. I hope to actually look at the pcs that have been submitted this weekend and give some feedback. Still waiting on a few.

Feel free to discuss what sort of group / adventures you want to take on. You will be starting in Merctown and you can if you wish make it your HQ/base or go somewhere else.

Remember you have some links with the Mage Guild and Marcus Dragonstorm already if you wish to build upon that or go a different route.

All pcs must be emailed to me by Sunday Jan 22nd or you will not be in my game.

Also FYI, I may have company the following week so there will be a hiatus if so and we'll pick up the week following.

Day: Friday Jan 27th, 2012 with 2/10/12 being next game if my company comes.
Session #1
Game Time: 9:00 pm to 12:00 am
Room: RIFTS: Merctown
Server: Mayhem Gaming Server
Backup: Blackstar Games

Party

RULES
Core: Rifts: Ultimate Edition
Sourcebooks: MercTown, MercOps, Mercenaries, Mercenary Adventures, various other RIFTS supplements (I own a great deal of them). Most any Rifts: Earth related supplement permitted. Run all mdc races by me for approval and any odd gear/armor/weapon requests that aren't found in Merctown.

Character Level: 4th
Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's, D-bees per specific D-bee's, you maybe mdc races with approval (run it by me first).
Alignments: Any, but you must be party oriented and not a lone wolf.
Starting Gear: Per OCC/RCC with possible weapons/armor and such approved by me.
Starting Funds: Maximum starting funds, plus 200,000 credits.
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival in Merctown. Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Profile YIM

Lando The Archmagi wrote:
This week has not been as good as I had hoped with my injured spouse still healing and I have had some bad falls/personal injuries myself.

I had hoped to get back into the swing of things this week, but it's all good. Better you take care of yourself and your spouse and we'll make plans to confound and stupify you with. :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Well i want to do some pre-rifts artifact hunting/tomb raider type adventures, the shifter can be very helpful ther summoning earth elemental to dig for us and such and dealing with hostile spirits.... aditionally we can salvage/loot battlefields as well as a side operation. Jerseyside of Mad Haven is a good spot... still full of perils and treasures, but free from the curse of Mad Haven....

Alternately, or additionally, we can do a standard merc unit, in the vein of the a-team, Small time Squad or Minor Company sized. In that vein we should get a sponsor. It has disadvantages, but it provides access to mor resources and a suport network.... and ALSO provides good adventure fodder.

The Mage Guild, Golden Age Weaponsmiths, Wilk's, Titan Robotics... Are ALL good commercial groups to work for....

Lazlo, New Lazlo, Magestar, Dewomer, Kingsdale, Los Alamos, and Houstown (last two in Lone Star) are good Governments to sponser us.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Artifact hunting might be an idea, but it might be an odd line of work for a new character to get into, hehe.

Which actually segways me into a quick FYI: TIbbs will very likely get retired for a new one if Lando gives the ok to it, so you'll have a fresh face to recruit for your wacky outgoings.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 am

I don't think I can make the 22nd deadline for a new character. Wish we could have kept the old game going, it was easier to maintain than create a new one.

I am going to school full time this semester and am already behind in my C++ programming class, and it's only a week in.

If I get time later and there is room, maybe I can rejoin the game then, but I know I will not have a character in the next 24 hours.

Good luck to all,

Athos / Dimitri the Cyberknight

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 am

Good luck with school Athos, I've been going over a year myself. C++ is not an easy class, so good luck with that. I'll be reviewing the pcs I've received and hopefully giving some feedback later this week. We'll hopefully start Friday. My company is coming so the schedule will be as previously mentioned.

Also Mayhem Gaming emailed me earlier and mentioned they're moving to use Traipse software so I recommend you upgrade to it if you haven't already.

You can get the latest Ornery Orc at:

http://www.knowledgearcana.com/download-traipse

Feel free to discuss what sort of group / adventures you want to take on. You will be starting in Merctown and you can if you wish make it your HQ/base or go somewhere else.

Remember you have some links with the Mage Guild and Marcus Dragonstorm already if you wish to build upon that or go a different route.

Day: Friday Jan 27th, 2012 with 2/10/12 being next game since I got company coming.
Session #1
Server: Mayhem Gaming Server

Party

RULES
Sourcebooks: MercTown, MercOps, Mercenaries, Mercenary Adventures, various other RIFTS supplements (I own a great deal of them). Most any Rifts: Earth related supplement permitted. Run all mdc races by me for approval and any odd gear/armor/weapon requests that aren't found in Merctown.

Stats: roll 4d6 for humans, takes highest 3, reroll 1's, D-bees per specific D-bee's, you maybe mdc races with approval (run it by me first).
Character sheets should include background/story leading upto your arrival in Merctown. Sheets should be in rtf, word or pdf format for readability/printing. I have good sheet files if needed. I also have OpenRPG nodes.
Email completed pcs: landothearchmagi at comcast.net (replace at with @, no spaces.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 pm
Profile YIM

I've been talking with Eric about his start-up merc comapany idea and I think it might be one to concider. What was pitched to me would be a start-up that would specialize in salvage, retreival, and excavations, which could very handily tie into using what Marcus connections we have for magical jobs. For the flip side, someone like GAW or a collector could fill in for pre-rifts goodies and more mundane things.

I feel there could be some potential with this, depending on how our group diversity is. What are other folk's thoughts on this?

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Open RPG 1.8 SHOULD be compatible with Traipse Ornery Orc, when Traipse Paladin comes out then it won't be compatible.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 am

I've not had much opportunity to review pcs this week between a lot of personal injuries, school and whatnot. However, I'm going to let everyone play the pcs they submitted and I'll work out any kinks if I find any in the next week or two. :) Tonight we'll start with getting everyone introduced and setting up what ya'll want to do with yourselves (form a merc group or do random adventures or whatever).

Hopefully ya'll upgraded to Traipise or will do so in the near future since Mayhem is going that route. I've used it for over a year without problems.

Day: Friday Jan 27th, 2012 with 2/10/12 being next game since I got company coming.
Session #1
Server: Our official server is Mayhem Gaming (NEW--Traipse)

Party

RULES

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 592 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 60  Next