View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 am

[Intrest check] Macross/Robotech using Mekton Z or Palladium 

Post [Intrest check] Macross/Robotech using Mekton Z or Palladium
Thought I would check if there is anyone interested in playing ether a Macross or Robotech game, preferably using the Mekton Z rules (even if the Palladium ones would work to).

As for time period I guess any would do even if the Macross era would be preferred.
I would also like to play in it but if there is only interest from others as players then I can be GM as well.

If your interested post a reply and state what era you'd like to play (as well as if you like to do a Macross or Robotech game) as well as any other comments you might have about it.

Last edited by Erebus on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 am

Post Re: [Intrest check] Macross or Robotech
Here is a Robotech game that has been going on for awhile. Its use Openrpg, Sundays @ 8:30pm eastern. Check it out and count GM. There is another Robotech linked to that site as well

http://shadowchroniclesrpg.wikidot.com/start

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 am

I would be interested in playing a Macross or Robotech game. I have the original Robotech rules but can get the Mekton Z rules easily. I would prefer to be a player.

Time period is flexible with me.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:33 am

The Mekton Z rules are really easy to learn for someone who hasn't played them as well. Much more so then the Palladium ones.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:36 am

Oh I'd love to play (I have the Mekton Z books but have not used them. Granted I've not actually really read them either Oo) If nothing else I liked the Macross stuff (I'm not sure what is true difference between Robotech and Macross (aside there is a lot more Macross :p) As for Era... hmmm anything during or after Macross 7. I do like Frontier... even if the relationship triangle drives me up the wall.

(Been waiting to use these seemingly unloved books for awhile. XD)

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 am

Actually there is a great deal of difference after the initial series (aka the original Macross series and the Macross era in Robotech), but during that time there are few differences as far as I know (could be totally wrong on this however).

For example the lead character is named Hikaru in Macross while his named Rick in Robotech and things like that.

Should also mention that if someone wouldn't mind leading the game (being the GM) but doesn't feel like creating the mecha there are several good conversions online and I wouldn't mind creating them ether if that is desired.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 am

I'd need more details for a definitive answer, but let us say I am intrigued.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Bleak are you intrigued as a GM or player?
As for details that would depend on the players and GM, that goes for both the setting/era as well as the rules used.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 pm

As a player. I have the Mekton Z rules and have built a character/mecha for a game that never got off the ground, but have no where near the experience needed to run a campaign. As for era, I'm more familiar with Macross, but I'd be willing to do either.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Post Re: [Intrest check] Macross/Robotech using Mekton Z or Palladium
I have actually found a couple of difference between Macross and Robotech.
First, when the SDF-1 crashes on earth, in Macross it starts the "unification wars" while in Robotech there is allready a war that is ended because of it.
Also Mars base was destroyed by Anti UN forces in Macross while in Robotech it was destroyed by the Zentradi in there initial attack.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 am