View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:04 pm

New Saturday 3.5 Eberron game seeking 1-2 players! 

Post New Saturday 3.5 Eberron game seeking 1-2 players!
Adventure Name: Jaws of the Demon Wastes
Level(s): 4th to start, ending level unknown
Date/Time: Saturdays 7 P.M. PST on the OpenRPG Dev II server
Expected Duration of this session: 2-3 hours each week
Format: Campaign
Adventure Plug: (What someone might have heard about the adventure before it started, or what the adventure involves.)
The Demon Wastes… A place feared and reviled by just about everyone with any common sense. But it is seen by others, those less concerned with their own personal safety, as a possible source of wealth. After all, those ancient ruins still hide secrets. And don’t forget the minerals, gems and Khyber dragonshards.
You are one of these enterprising folks, along with the rest of your adventuring/exploring allies. You set out to this place, starting with the little House Tharashk hamlet of Blood Crescent, to make your fortune. How you go about that goal is up to you. But know the land is rough and cruel and you will have to wrest your sought-after wealth from the Jaws of the Demon Wastes!
------
I am seeking a few more additions to a new Saturday evening Eberron game. I already have a few players and need to fill out the roster (though the game hasn’t begun yet). I am hoping to have the campaign begin on the 22nd of January.

Rules:
Characters start at 4th level with minimum XP (6,000) and standard wealth (5,400 GP). 32 point-buy, max HP/level. No Evil characters. Access to Core + Eberron Campaign Setting book + 2 books of your choice from the sblock’ed list below.
Also, I would like one Roleplaying “Quirk” for your character. Something unique/unusual that others will notice after working with you for a while. We are also working with a small shared history (still being worked out) for the group.

This game will include non-Core elements (beyond the ECS). However, these elements will be limited by a few things.
1: Only material from books in my collection will be allowed. No exceptions.
2: You get to choose 2 (and only 2) books to draw material from.

Quote:
Choose any 2.

These books are largely OK, just double-check things first. Not much to worry about.

Player's Handbook 2
Complete Arcane
Complete Warrior
Planar Handbook
Stormwrack
Races of the Dragon
Dragon Magic
Magic of Incarnum
Tome of Magic
Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords

These ones have less player-oriented material, and some may not be suitable for this game. Definitely check with me before using specific material.
Libris Mortis: Book of the Undead
Draconomicon: Book of Dragons
Fiendish Codex 1: Hordes of the Abyss
Fiendish Codex 2: Tyrants of the Nine Hells

The players I currently have signed on for the game are setting up a Beguiler, a Fighter, a Halfling Druid or Ranger, and the last player is trying to decide between Barbarian and Bard (or multiclassing between the two).

I am attempting to make this somewhat sandbox-style. As such, there are a few things to keep in mind.
1: As this will be more sandbox, missions/quests will only come to you if you seek them out. This is intended to be a player-driven game.
2: Not everything will be able to be killed when you encounter it. There will be times when your best option is “RUN!”
3: In a similar vein, not everything you encounter in the Wastes will be out to kill you. Eberron has looser alignment and just because something may be Evil does not mean it is out to harm everyone it meets. Some traditionally “Evil” creatures wouldn’t mind sitting down to afternoon tea and having a friendly chat, no violence or subterfuge involved.

Thanks for reading this post. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
(And a small note: This topic is cross-posted on EnWorld's Gamers Seeking Gamers forum. Act fast!)

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Post Re: New Saturday 3.5 Eberron game seeking 1-2 players!
Got room for a sorcerer?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:34 am
Profile YIM

ArberDarber wrote:
Got room for a sorcerer?

Absolutely.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 am

i am interested i am noob to online play but have much expierience oldschool 2nd edition adnd table homebrew games.; please contact with info regaurding services to be used ingame walkoffking@yahoo.com

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile YIM

As a reminder to anyone interested, we will be meeting to discuss some more character-oriented things tonight (7 PM Pacific, Dev II server). The campaign will not be beginning tonight, but if you are interested in joining, stop in to talk, discuss character ideas/options and ask any questions you may have.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:16 am