View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109  Next
 Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse 

Post Re: Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse
Bwahaha I've been allowed on the boards finally and the ships looks awesome. :)

Also sad to hear about the protential canceling. I might not be able to make it next week but I don't know for sure yet or not.
PS. I has some questions for you Bishop! :P

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Such sadness, I wish I could sleep in but I will be at work ~.~

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:34 pm

At least you don't have to worry about staying up after you get off work. You can go straight to bed if you want.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Sorry, but I wont be here tomarrow. Just like predicted last week I will be forced out of town by work. Off to enjoy the wonders of camping once again. I will try to get my phone working out there and contact you during game bishop via yahoo but I can't promise it will work. :(

Edit-nevermind acts of weather have stopped me. Blizzard says no to me leaving for the weekend.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:17 pm

No worries!
I will be there tomorrow all!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Damn straight you will be. Or it is likely that many of us shall have words for you.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:15 am

So, I mentioned something at the end of the session and most everyone was quiet on it. That's fine, but I realized later that it's a rather significant component to the campaign, and part of a larger arc that only the original three would be aware of. I'll expand on it here, and will possibly even hit on bits of information Steven may have never shared (just by general omission.)

[*]The Rosetta Weapon, and the Pantheon's Plan

There are many threads that will come together soon, and whether they unravel and are destroyed is a question of our success or failure.

The ship 'attached' to Phoenix, Excelsior, is an Ancient Ark-ship. It contains all life from several worlds within it, and by design Excelsior is separated from real-space. Phoenix could be utterly destroyed, and Excelsior would be unharmed, but adrift, until another ship passes by. This is how the two vessels became linked. Excelsior is one of many ships surviving from the times of the Ancients. When the Ancient's cataclysm hit, the arks gathered lifeforms from their assigned planets and were to travel to Corespoke, now the heart of the Concordat. For some reason, this never occurred, and the ships with their cargo in stasis, are still adrift. For safety reasons, my understanding is that the AI worlds do not have a means of communicating directly with, or locating, the Ark-ships.

Ultimately the Pantheon's goal with these AI worlds like Pacifica is to trigger an exodus of all life in the galaxy. By destabilizing these worlds, a signal is sent to the remaining Ark-ships, which would collect the life of the known galaxy and again make the journey to Corespoke. As I've mentioned before, the 'world' is an Ancient construct... and after habitation by the Concordat for centuries, less than 1% of its surface is used by the citizens residing there. Corespoke is the Pantheon's target.

Their method is something we can only identify as the 'Rosetta Weapon.' We don't know if it was constructed by the Ancients themselves for an unknown purpose, for war, or if it was created by an enemy we do know: The Decay. What we do know is rudimentary... It consists of six black holes, each to represent an element, arranged to 'fire' a star at a target. In short, a solar-scale gun. Presumably it can use any stellar object, but I know...or at least suspect...that they have something special planned: A Shaper.

Most of you have likely never even heard of a Shaper... they refer to themselves as "The Shapers that are." I am not sure how or when they began, but they are the stars, the planets... celestial bodies which have after a time become sentient by passively absorbing psionic energies within their proximity. We've met two. They are generally harmless, more curious than anything else... and one is traveling with us. *He gestures casually toward Rose, or more specifically the small sun floating just over her shoulder.* I will warn now to exercise caution with powers around any Shaper, even passive abilities. Something about their nature, the magnitude of their own abilities, can make the experience extremely draining, disorienting, or worse.

My understanding of the Rosetta Weapon is that normally its use would resemble a Supernova of magnificent proportions, an explosion of a star so violent that there is a chance of creating a black hole, and its system and any within several light-years proximity would be destroyed. By making use of a Shaper, the devastation is even more complete. I've mentioned a vision to several of you, in which I witnessed the destruction of Schwartz Sonne.. The strike was not the star system itself, but one in the region. The planet was at the farthest extents of the effective radius, and only for that did it even survive as debris. I do believe, that a Shaper was used in that firing of the weapon, and as Pacifica has warned, Sonne is...different...as a result.

If the Pantheon are able to trigger an exodus, all known life of the galaxy may be collected and gathered to one point, Corespoke, and I believe that a strike from the Rosetta Weapon, with a Shaper, will cause such complete destruction that even Ark-ships such as Excelsior would not survive. Perhaps, as some have feared, several of the AI worlds are destroyed, and have been for some time. I believe our focus should be to restore the ones which remain, and afterward, turning our attention to the Rosetta Weapon itself. If the AI are the trigger to an Exodus, their health is key to preventing that activation.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:00 am

Hi all, I'm going to be out of town the whole of next weekend, so I'm afraid I wont be able to make the game.

On another note, I'm considering starting my own Mekton game at some point in the near future if I can find enough interested players. It'd likely run on Sunday 7pm - 12midnight GMT, so afternoons for the US folks. I'm not looking for a huge number of players like this game, only say 3-4 so figured I'd ask you guys here first to give you the chance to get in before I post about it on the main forum.

The game would be set in the nearish future and would revolve around the founding and development of a colony on a moon of Jupiter or Saturn (haven't decided full details yet) with players getting to choose how the colony expands and spends its resources as well as defending it from various dangers which I'd rather not spoil the plot by discussing in too much detail.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm

MeepsbyMoonlight wrote:
On another note, I'm considering starting my own Mekton game at some point in the near future if I can find enough interested players. It'd likely run on Sunday 7pm - 12midnight GMT, so afternoons for the US folks. I'm not looking for a huge number of players like this game, only say 3-4 so figured I'd ask you guys here first to give you the chance to get in before I post about it on the main forum.

The game would be set in the nearish future and would revolve around the founding and development of a colony on a moon of Jupiter or Saturn (haven't decided full details yet) with players getting to choose how the colony expands and spends its resources as well as defending it from various dangers which I'd rather not spoil the plot by discussing in too much detail.

I'd be at least somewhat interested, though knowing a little bit more about the setting would be nice (just enough to allow for character and mecha creation). Feel free to PM the official link for your game once you have decided on the official data for it.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm

MeepsbyMoonlight wrote:
...it...

In

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 109  Next