View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109  Next
 Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse 

Post Re: Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse
I don't know if anyone has realized, but we still haven't solved the problem of when we will be starting.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:50 am

I did, and the simple solution is to be here an hour early :P

If you can't make it early, then that's fine: there's plenty of prep and recap for Brandt, and plenty of cleaning up to do before our assault. (And only 5-6 days before those ships arrive!)

Miriya, I'd say do what you can, but you know we've ended sessions before you'd be able to show. Work comes first and we all understand that. I'd say go with Felix's notion.

Also, when Bish does see this: I did find the sheet you sent me for the mech Ulfr, so I don't need that.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:31 pm

JuryRigged wrote:
I did, and the simple solution is to be here an hour early :P

Thats not a simple solution, and you didnt solve the problem, you suggested something that only you seemed to agree with :P

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:18 am

Yeah I should be able to play once i get my laptop in but that'll be a few days. Bishop I REALLY hope you will still be going 3-4 hours after start time so I can join in at the tail end. In the future I should be playing from work with a laptop as its becoming clear to me that night crew can do pretty much whatever they want as long as they are at the desk and take care of their duties first. Its a really quiet shift.

I don't feel comfortable sneaking openrpg onto a work computer just cause..yeah bad idea.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:42 am

Ah Spam...

In all fairness, I shall be starting late! about 11 am my time!..
(I have to go and put a down payment on the wedding)

and it was an awesome session, I hope you learnt everything i was trying to get through to you...

IP
Brandt 13
Damien 14
Wraith 16
Ardith 13
Rage 14
Tiana 13
Teah 115

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for the IP's, though I really need to find out what Teah's training regime is!

I think the time thing is pretty much up to Bishop, but personally I don't mind how the times work out and would be happy to go with whatever is decided. And I hope you're able to get it all sorted out Miriya.

Now excuse me while I go satisfy my sudden inexplicable desire for a fitness program that teaches me the truth about six packs.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:46 pm

Bish remember that Wraith is currently putting in a request for at least 2 Nexus Mercs. He's looking for Special Forces grade mecha pilots that would fit the psych profile for "wet work". Assassination and other nasty black operations. Get back to me on the details of that over the week if you could please.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 am

Below is the (pretty much complete) log of last session; I know Felix missed some of it, and Damien at the end. It's long enough I am having to post it as two posts.

Bishop: you all arrive safely back, your all tired, its late afternoon, but the Captain wants a debrief as soon as, so they can start wheels in motion...
Brandt (D) suspects he'll be at the debriefing, given the irregularities that happened. **
Bishop: Tannoy"This is Captain Gouron, will the members of the space flight please meet me in debriefing room.. uh.. 754-2.
Ardith amuses herself with trying to give her toaster sentience. **
Brandt (D) leaves the techs to clean the now-burnt gel material off of Corona and departs with Sirius to the debriefing room **
Ragistan gets up from his large lunch and heads off to see what the captain needed **
Bishop: Also in there is Wraiths Mecha, getting cleaned up and fixed. You also know of the prisoner in holding pen 13
Bishop: In the debriefing room Captain Guoron is looking through some papers, he looks up from under scaly brow ridges as you enter...
Damien (C) follows Brandt to the briefing room, since Rage is likely to page him if he isn't seen there. **
Bishop: Gouron "I take it you had a fruitful journey? The details I have are...sketchy at best, so I was hoping you could fill in the blanks
Tiana makes her way in to the debriefing room a little late **
Brandt (D): "In short, the moon is not from this world."
Bishop: Gouron " Not from this world? Ok, where’s it from?
Brandt (D): "Well, perhaps that's a slight mis-statement."
Ragistan would look to Brandt. "It was...an interesting trip, to say the least." **
Brandt (D): "It appears that the entire moon was manufactured."
Damien (C) sits silently, listening to the debriefing. **
Bishop: A built moon, OK, this gets weirder.. *Gouron sits down and indicates for the rest of you to do so* OK, give it to me in bullet points.
Brandt (D): "Based on the scans taken while I was..." *Looks around* "Disabled.. The crystal releases an energy surge into a mechanism that appears to be very similar to my ship's jump drive."
Tiana: "And the moon can sense that energy and react to it"
Bishop: Gouron *his black eyes narrow a little* "disabled?" ok, continue...
Ragistan sits down and withdraws a large wine bottle and glass from his foppish robes, pouring himself a glass and setting the bottle on the table before taking a drink **
Brandt (D): "There was an incident when my ship's drive harmonized with the drive inside the moon."
Brandt (D): "I'm not sure I can correct the issue, but if we do not return to the moon's vicinity, it should not be a problem."
Bishop: Gouron *Nods to Rage then goes back to listening to Brandt’s report*
Bishop: Gouron, well you made it back safe.. Ok, give it to me, what did you find out?
Brandt (D): "Unfortunately after our arrival, except a sensor analysis, I am not the best to answer questions."
Bishop: Gouron: *raises a brow ridge* why do I get the feeling that there is more to this journey than is being let on, very well, who is more able to tell me?
Bishop: Rage, what can you add to this?
Tiana: "That’s about it. Though we captured some pilot lady"
Ragistan sets his glass down, then shoots a quick glare at Brandt then speaks. "There were...some unexpected side effects from his drive that left us mostly incapacitated for a time..." He says then motions toward Sirius. "The robot dog was using the sensors the majority of the time so it likely as records of all the scans." **
Damien (C) sits stoically, still listening to the briefing. **
Bishop: Gouron looks at Tianna and nods, thanking her for her input: "Ok, what did Sirius find out? *His eyes narrow again and fall on Damein* (Human Perception [1d10+8+6] => [9,8,6] = (23)
Bishop: Gouron: Damien, what can you tell me about them moon?
Damien (C): "Honestly, I already discussed what I am willing to discuss about it with Ragistan."
Bishop: *Ardith wonders in with a trolley loaded with cake*
Bishop: Goron *turns to look at Rage*
Ragistan will relay the information he was given by damien to Goron **
Tiana listens to the relaying **
Damien (C) notes discrepancies with Rage's relay and steps in to correct the information. **
Bishop: Gouran *sits back and whistles under his breath* Ok, so we have a monster moon that can.. pulverize other planets at extreme range... how active is this thing?
Brandt (D): "Active enough to detect us. I don't have any information indicating how near it came to firing."
Ragistan: "Well it was tracking us, though I am not sure if it was because of our proximity or due to something onboard..."
Ragistan casts a quick glance damiens way **
Bishop: Gouron: Ok, Im beginning to suspect this thing has a trigger... any one want to give me a suggestion where this trigger device is?
Damien (C): "Don't even look at me like that."
Tiana: "I think it was something on board. There's a psychic connection somewhere"
Brandt (D): "It probably has a means of manual activation, but it may also be operating autonomously."
Bishop: Gouron, and the likely location of this trigger is, I take a wild shot at it here.. right where the Orphans are excavating?
Damien (C): "I wouldn't be surprised. They seem to have enough to attempt to unlock it."
Brandt (D) nods "Which brings another point... There are (was it 6?) 6 ships on approach, which should arrive within the week." **
Damien (C): "Before we continue, though, I'd like a word with Brandt."
Brandt (D) looks over to Damien curiously **
Bishop: Gouron: Six ships? *He sits up and opens a data screen * do you have any more information? types, capabilities?
Bishop: Gouron: *blinks at Damein* a word with Brandt? Any particular reason?
Damien (C): "There is information that I didn't give Rage that I need to discuss with someone that may have more information on the subject, and Brandt is the most likely one to have it."
Brandt (D) glances over to Gouron's terminal and transmits the sensor readings from Corona's original outing **
Ragistan speaks up again. "Also we know where the lock is, and where the most of the parts for it are as well." **
Tiana: "So why not discuss it here?"
Bishop: Gouron: Well go on then Damein, *he looks expectantly at you and Brandt
Tiana asks Damien **
Damien (C) steps to the door and looks back, waiting for acknowledgement of his request. **
Bishop: Gouron looks at the readings.. Oh dear.. hmm? one... one of these ships appears odd..
Damien (C) steps out the door and waits for Brandt to join him before closing the door. **
Brandt (D) doesn't rise "Tiana's right... I don't see any need to keep this any more private than our other activities." **
Bishop: Gouron: Come now damien, no need to be so secretive, I'm sure we can all input on the information you can share with all of us
Tiana: "Unless its personal, in which case it can wait until after the meeting, right?"
Damien (C) walks back in. "Fine, but I don't want questions about how I got the information." **
Damien (C) closes the door and remains standing, obviously irritated. **
Damien (C): "What do you know about the potential of psionic crystals?"
Tiana doesn't look worried about it, after the interrogation she got about her personal business she's little sympathy for all this secrecy amongst these people she's trying to work with **
Bishop: Gouron: Sometimes we have to take information from whatever source, as information is of utmost importance, when we are protecting those we care for.
Brandt (D): "Quite a lot, though I'm sure even my people have hardly scratched the surface after a millennia of study."
Bishop: Gouron: I am well versed in the use of Veridian Crystals, and their specialized sub types that the Tribes utilize.
Damien (C): "OK. I got a few readings while we were up there that were a bit out there."
Bishop: Gouron: continue.
Bishop: Gouron: These readings?
Ragistan drinks more of his wine **
Damien (C): "The moon has two crystals: one at over 9000 potential."
Brandt (D): "One houses the energy which functions as its 'weapon', the other is, near as I can tell, identical to the crystals housed within my Jump drive
Damien (C): "I couldn't get any readings on the second crystal."
Bishop: Gouron: so we have.. a weapon attached to a jump drive, can any one tell me why this does not make me feel well?
Damien (C): "Because a weapon that can move about the galaxy at will is extremely deadly."
Brandt (D): "No."
Bishop: Gouron: *looks at Brandt quizzically
Damien (C) looks at Brandt. "No?" **
Brandt (D): "I believe this crystal is used differently. Given its size, it's possible the 'Jump' crystal can create a persistent connection from the moon to its target. Our early Jump systems worked in a similar fashion, before we developed them to a degree they could be installed upon ships."
Bishop: Gouron, *brow ridges come together..* okay..
Tiana: "I'm not sure I understand"
Damien (C): "So, you are saying that the weapon sends its /ammo/ through a jump window to its target?"
Bishop: Gouron *leans back his thick finger talons clicking together as he eyes Brandt
Damien (C) retakes his seat, glad to have the attention removed from himself. **
Brandt (D) nods to Damien and furrows his brow slightly "It's difficult to simplify, but the way our jump drives work... within a gravitic field, all matter, energy...everything.. is sent near-instantaneously from one point to the next. **
Bishop: *Gouron nods* ok, the science is unimportant right now.. What can it DO...
Brandt (D) slides a glass of water nearer on the table "I start here..." *Moves the glass.* "I end here. It's possible the moon itself could act as a launching device, and send not just its weapon's energy, but anything in proximity, to any point within its range." **
Brandt (D): "Much like I was able to pull Wraith's mech when Corona jumped."
Bishop: Gouron: So, it not only shoots through this portal, it can send ships through it...
Brandt (D): "Potentially, yes."
Tiana: "So it could bring a whole army across the galaxy?"
Brandt (D): "It /may/ be capable of travel, as well... though it's just as possible its mass is simply too great to transport."
Brandt (D): "It could send. To the best of my knowledge, none of our engineers have been able to create a receiver site, only a jump site."
Tiana: "I hope it can't... I don't know much about gravity, but as I understand it the planets gotten used to having a moon here. What would happen if it up and left?"
Bishop: Gouron: *ticks off on his fingers * So, Giant Moon that can destroy planets.. Can also transport Fleets.. Orphan star are close to getting the trigger mechanism....
Brandt (D): "And the ships arriving are more-than-likely reinforcements."
Ragistan nods his head. "They are still missing a few parts." **
Tiana: "Do you know where the parts are? And what they are?"
Bishop: Gouron: *stands up* well, tell me about this trigger mechanism...
Damien (C) remembers the power that was detected in the core crystal and shudders.. again. **
Ragistan nods. "I know where they are, but I may not be at liberty to share that just yet...and the trigger mechanism is under the orphan star base." **
Bishop: Gouron: Parts?
Damien (C) stands. "Rage, feel free to disclose anything I told you about this. I want to go see the doc about something.. urgent." He heads for the door. **
Bishop: Goroun: *nods at Damein* Thank you for sharing with us Damien.
Bishop: Goroun: *looks to Tiana, and the 9 foot tall armored lizard smiles sweetly* So, what can you add to this Little Lady?
Damien (C): "Yea. No problem." *Heads out the door and to the medical bay.*
Ragistan nods his head to Damien. "Damien possesses two parts of the final key needed to unlock the moons potential, and they have the socket for the parts under the Orphan star base, though they need a being they can graft all of the parts into to unlock it, so keeping Damien out of Orphan star hands should be of top priority." **
Tiana: "Not a lot that hasn't already been said. Other than we still have a plan to attack that Orphan Star base. So why not do it? There's no other reasons to delay"
Bishop: Gouron: Tell me about these keys, what are they?
Brandt (D): "Don't you still want to contact your people, Tiana?"
Tiana: "Yes"
Tiana: "The first part of the plan to attack the base is to contact my people. That’s why I'm pushing this idea back up"
Ragistan shrugs his shoulder. "Well, the parts I was able to see in the orphan base were limbs." **
Bishop: Gouron Nods finally: you are correct Tiana, I think we have enough information and evidence, the Orphan Star and whomever these.. Pantheon people are, are attempting to unlock a weapon and tool of unimaginable destructive power, and they will use that against us and others.. this is a thing of planetary scale,...
Brandt (D): "Greater..."
Bishop: Gouron: rage, contact your father, he has been bringing together the Cartel Conglomerate, he will have a better idea of what they can field, I suggest each of you also contact your respective people, inform them of what is happening and for the love of Pacifica, get them to help.
Brandt (D) nods "I will speak with the few I have met immediately." **
Ragistan nods his head. "If all else fails I am sure we can sneak Sirius back in and give the Orphans a good deal of problems.." **
Bishop: Goron: I don’t want to give them problems, I want them annihilated,.. gooday people, we will meet in the morning to see what we have available..
Ragistan gives a chuckle as he knew that what was in Sirius would likely be up for the job, he then nods and gets up, picking up his glass and bottle of wine before heading to the com room to make contact with his father **
Brandt (D): "We may be able to do better than that, Ragistan... I'll be sure to verify the calculations, but I should be able to jump Corona into the heart of the Orphan Star base with a full loadout."
Brandt (D): -Damien, when you're available, I need to go meet your brother again.-
Damien (C): -Sure, Brandt. As soon as I finish here, we can go.-
Brandt (D) considers "Tiana...there's someone I'd like you to meet, while I'm here." **
Tiana: "Who's that?"
Tiana suddenly looks excited "Ooo, do you have an robot cat as well?" **
Brandt (D): "A Water-tribe pilot we met."
Tiana: "oh... well that would be interesting as well I guess"
Brandt (D) leads her to the hangar to check in on Marge **
Bishop: also in the hanger is a rather muddy mecha being hosed down.. looks like from the crud build up its been under the earth for a good few years...
Brandt (D) approaches the large tank containing two Viridian crystals the size of a mech’s fist, and several smaller specimens, as well as Marge and Ulfr **
Bishop: Its the one that was under the mountain...
Bishop: Marge gives a little wave...
Tiana follows after him **
Brandt (D) smiles "Marge, this is Tiana, a member of the Earth tribe. I thought it might be..educational..for the two of you to meet." **
Bishop: Marge: *nods and smiles politely offering the hand on her remaining arm* a real pleasure Tiana
Tiana smiles and waves to her "Hi ya. " she says, taking her hand and shaking it "You too. Are you who I think you are?" **
Brandt (D): "Where's Ulfr? I'm coming close to finishing his new form and would like your initial impressions."
Bishop: Marge: *blinks for a moment, then looks at Tiana more closely.. "ah. .Earth tribe? The city in a cave?"
Bishop: Wraith, Ardith is teaching you to dance
Tiana: "The city isn't in a cave. Just the top bit of the capital building"
Tiana: "But yep. That’s me"
Bishop: Marge: *smiles sweetly* Oh yes, I remember now.. *she sighs* Im sorry to hear about.. what happened...
Bishop: She’s taking you through parts of the Circe de Soliel
Tiana shrugs in response to Marge "It looks like we've all suffered" she says, glancing at the legs and missing arms "What happened?" **
Bishop: Marge: perhaps the same thing that happened to your city, yes? an attempt at.. underhanded diplomacy.. *She curls her pretty lip* setting us against each other if you will.. *She indicates Brandt* he would be able to tell you more..
Tiana: "So, are all the water tribe backing this?"
Bishop: Marge: at the moment, I have no idea.. I have not had much.. contact with my family since being here.
Brandt (D): "From what we can tell, her squad was one of many disabled and made to appear as if they were attacking a Cartel site. We were sent to defend it, and in the chaos, she was the only survivor."
Tiana: "Did they abduct you as well and torture you with the promise of cake?"
Bishop: Marge: *gives a little tinkle laugh* no they did not torture me, but yes, I believe there was cake involved
Bishop: meanwhile Brandt you get a good look at the mecha Damein shot down all those years ago
Tiana: "So, do they know?"
Bishop: Marge: *blinks and gives a sweet shy smile* well, no.. for obvious reasons,.. It could start a war if they knew...
Brandt (D) steps away, 'girl talk' seeming to take precedence, he remains by the tank but studies it from afar **
Brandt (D) glances aside "If who knew?" **
Tiana: "I think they'd understand now. There seems to be much bigger concerns than all the stuff that happened in the past. They know that strings have been pulled"
Brandt (D) stops and turns to watch both of them **
Bishop: Im not sure, after al lit WAS us that attacked the base, if it was known the Cartels would definitely try and put my tribe at a disadvantage if not cut trade ties, and that would be extremely bad indeed.
Bishop: *she rests her hand on a glowing white wolf with three tails..
Wraith dances the tango with Ardith it is presumed....as they go through the motions he keeps getting his foot caught on her dress and tripping himself up.... **
Ardith: "Watch your feet, damnit! I know toasters that know the steps better."
Tiana: "Only if they found out. Why not strike a deal with Ragistan? I bet he'll promise not to tell anyone, if you could promise the water tribes backing in the coming battles"
Bishop: Well, I cannot as I took an oath to not let anything that might damage my tribe past my lips.. others however might do.. *she gives you a pointed look*
Tiana: "Ohh. Sure I'll tell him if you want. Or if you nudge nudge wink wink don't want"
Bishop: *she smiles* you may of course tell him, but my oath is completely binding. *She gives a sweet smile and a wink to Brandt
Tiana: "Great. So, on to other more important things. What’s that wolf? He's seriously cute. I love the tails"
Bishop: *she smiles at the wolf that although as big as a dire wolf, looks very much puppy like* well, he seems to grow more tails as he grows older..
Wraith: "You watch your dress I'm not dating the red carpet"
Wraith says rather annoyed and defensively as he continues dancing along to the music **
Tiana: "Where did he come from? Is he a psionic thing? Or a real live animal?"
Brandt (D) returns Marge's smile and looks back toward the mecha, careful not to let the concern show on his face until he's turned away **
Bishop: *She looks to Brandt: He can best tell you! I think you both need to share stories..
Bishop: Marge Human Perception [1d10+8+5] => [8,8,5] = (21)
Bishop: Brandt? is something wrong?
Brandt (D) looks back "You know more of him than I do, Marge." **
Bishop: Marge: I meant your concern....
Brandt (D) returns to the side of the tank "Yes... I am more than a little concerned at what I heard, and its implications to everything we have done." **
Bishop: Marge: and why is that Brandt?
Brandt (D): "While there is little doubt now as to the intent of Orphan Star and the Pantheon, knowledge that the water tribe attack on the Cartel station was genuine..."
Bishop: *Marge winks at Tiana for a moment, then goes back to looking at Brandt*
Bishop: Marge: the attack was, yes by Water tribe members.. That cannot be refuted.. but we were not exactly within our own minds...
Wraith: *The music stops, the dance ends..."Well...thanks for putting up with the mistakes irregardless." Wraith says to Ardith as he starts to walk away. Dancing isn't his most favorite activity he's decided
Brandt (D): "Could you explain?"
Bishop: We were originally driven to examine the base as we had received intelligence a male member of the leading tribe had been kidnapped and was being held there by the cartel so that we would be forced to drop trade taxes.. We thought it ludicrous of course.. but when we got close.. as a unit. .something happened..
Ardith holds up a hand "Regardless!" **
Ardith makes her way back into the hanger with her toaster. **
Brandt (D) considers "That is not what we had expected...but is not far from our beliefs." **
Wraith is heading to the hanger to oversee the repairs and...apparently an upgrade to the machine in the weapons area **
Bishop: Ardith, Brandt and Tiana are talking to Marge, the water tribe woman who is immersed in a tank of liquid.. Wraith if he follows you in sees the gun on the mecha just recovered
Wraith: "Whose that going to?"
Bishop: Marge: true.. but its the people who are involved that make it a tricky situation.
Brandt (D): "I think you should tell Ragistan... directly."
Tiana: "She can't if she swore an oath"
Bishop: Marge: I cannot, the oath is more than just words.. *She turns to Tiana* please, will you tell him?
Ardith appears behind the group as if by magic but doesn't say anything **
Brandt (D) looks over briefly "That's the mecha excavated from the mountainside, stay away from it, please." **
Bishop: Marge: Tiana? Please?
Tiana: "She's the princess of their tribe. Is that right? I was like six when I last saw you on the news screens."
Tiana: "The equivalent of their mayor, only for all of them"
Bishop: Marge: well, put very bluntly, yes.
Bishop: Im. the daughter of the Consulate of the Primos Tribe, the leader of the leading tribe if you will.. It was my brother the Cartel supposedly.. kidnapped
Brandt (D) sighs slightly "I am not telling you what you should do, Marge, only that my advice is you to tell Ragistan yourself." **
Bishop: Marge: Well I cant exactly get out of this tub . Someone’s going to have to do that for me..
Bishop: *she smiles at Ardith " I hear congratulations are in order?
Ardith: "Eh?" she tilts her head
Brandt (D) chuckles lightly "I'm waiting on Damien for some purpose or another, I can give you a break if you'd like." **
Bishop: Princess: *nods to your belly* your.. up and coming happy times..
Ardith: "Eh, we'll see. Honestly I think the next few years are going to be very depressing for everyone"
Wraith: "Tech"
Wraith says as he looks around and in usual fashion "TECH!" **
Brandt (D): "Ardith, did you hit him on the head again?"
Bishop: A massive lizard lumbers over: I have name you know.
Wraith: "I get blown up a lot I get forgetful"
Bishop: Princess: depressing? How?
Wraith: "Uhh.." *Reads nametape"
Tiana goes and finds some bit of machinery near by to sit on, crossing her legs beneath her **
Ardith: "Not sure, just a feeling"
Bishop: Tech: Rumpleteaser.. *The tech gives you a level look as if to say "go on laugh, I dare you"
Wraith: "
Bishop: Princess: Tiana, thank you for your help.. could you go and .. pass it on to Rage?
Wraith: "See that big ass flak cannon over there?"
Bishop: Princess: And Brandt.. *She cocks an eyebrow and waves the stump of her left arm at you
Wraith says turning his head to look at the newly recovered weapon and mecha **
Bishop: Tech: Yes.
Tiana: "Sure, if you like"
Brandt (D) begins to dismount from his armor, releasing sections and leaving it waiting by the tub; he strips out of something akin to a wetsuit before helping Marge from the tank gently and hopping in himself **
Tiana hops down from where she's sitting **
Bishop: Marge: Thank you. . I was wondering about a possible. replacement?
Wraith: "Finders keepers motherfucker. Go get that equipped on the Serix. Dig through the spare parts that were delivered with the Serix as well there should be a few smart gun field kits available"
Wraith: "Rig the weapon for accuracy and look first shoot first ability"
Wraith: "There should be also mods to link the smartgun to a reflexive control suite. Which is what the serix is equipped with for piloting. Please get this done"
Brandt (D) smiles slightly "We're working on it... and when I return from my task with Damien, I'll show you what else I've been working on..though they still need work." **
Bishop: Tech* shrugs* you're, allright.. *Lumbers off*
Tiana heads off to go track down Ragistan, impatient to get things under way **
Bishop: So. . Earth tribe lady.. You going to try and contact the earth tribe leadership?
Bishop: Ardith! ok, what doest thoughest wisheth to do?
Brandt (D) asks Sirius to bring over the parts he's been working on, and he shapes them while waiting in the tank **
Tiana heads back to the mech bay after failing to track down ragistan **
Tiana: "Can't find him. Sorry"

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 am

(This picks up from our break)

Tiana heads off to find Ragistan again **
Felix is probably just stepping out of the com center and trying to figure out something **
Bishop: Ok .. Rage, tiana has come looking for you, ..she wants to give you some information, and see if she can use the ships long range communication gear to contact the earth tribe
Ragistan looks to Tiana as she comes over. "Hello little one, what can I do for you?" **
Tiana: "Hi Ragistan."
Wraith is ensuring the new weapon system and ammo is setup properly **
Tiana: "I met Marge."
Bishop: Tiana, the Earth tribe head consulate,.. being your connections with your cities leadership, you can just about remember the codes... and of course you give the digital recognition sequence of your mecha as your own recognition code.
Ragistan nods his head/. "Interesting case that one..." **
Tiana: "Yep. She's been wanting to talk to you about things but hasn't been able to because of an oath she swore"
Ragistan tilts his head. "Oath? What sort?" He asks, intrigued **
Tiana: "Well, first I need to talk to you about me. You know how there's a big battle coming, and we'll likely have to fight with all our old enemies? I've a lot of past grievances with the fire tribe"
Ragistan nods his head. "I see, I would hope you could put them aside for the coming battle, or perhaps find a way to work them out with a local fire tribe leader." **
Tiana: "So, we shouldn't take revenge for those things that happened in the past? Even though they're pretty serious."
Ragistan leans against the wall, looking down at her. "Would you like to share with me what happened? There is a leader of the fire tribe nearby, if you wish to express your grievances and perhaps find a way to make amends." **
Tiana: "I just want to make sure I'm clear where you stand with this. I mean we've all done a lot of bad things that these Pantheon tricked us in to doing. Wouldn't you want to take revenge if I'd been tricked in to attacking you?"
Ragistan shakes his head. "No, I would be more interested in the person who had tricked you. I would be no more angry at you than I would be at the weapon you attacked me with." **
Tiana: "Great! Marge is the leader of the water tribe and she led the attack on your base or some thing like that, but only because they'd been tricked in to doing it because they thought you had her brother."
Ragistan nods his head slowly listening to her. "And her oath prevented her from telling me this? And...would she want you to be telling me her secret?" **
Tiana: "Yep. She nudge nudge winked me to not to not tell you"
Tiana: "I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be all wrathful over it"
Ragistan nods his head. "I hold no ill will toward her, I will go to talk to her after we are done here, what about you and the fire tribe though?" **
Tiana: "Oh, that’s fine. You're right, forgive and forget and all that."
Ragistan nods his head. "Alright, I just want to make sure that you wont go into battle and have hard feelings about them in the midst of combat." **
Tiana: "There's only one man I've got hard feelings against, and I hope to meet him before any combat starts"
Ragistan: "If possible I can try to arrange it, do you know his name?"
Tiana: "He's the leader of my group. And is currently at the Orphan Star base."
Wraith: (Bishop: Status on the serix refit?)
Ragistan: "Ah I see, I thought you meant fire tribe." He nods toward the com center. "Feel free to use long range coms."
Bishop: arm refit about done, inline wit the repairs, the cannon will be done by morning.
Wraith goes to where the interrogation is going down with the orphan star weapons officer. **
Tiana: "I don't want to speak with him yet. I'd like the chance to go ahead with the plan I discussed previously. At least to the point where we lure them out of the orphan star base. If it works, we'll have some of my people on our side and able to get back in to the based unopposed"
Ragistan: "No problem." He says and pats her on the head. "Is there anything else you need me for?"
Tiana shakes her head "Not at the moment. I think you should probably go and speak with Marge anyway?" **
Ragistan nods his head. "That was my next stop." He says and heads off to find the woman **
Tiana follows after him, wanting to go back to the mech bay herself **
Bishop: In the mecha bay a one armed princess is discussing cyberware with Brandt who is now in the goo tank
Bishop: Ardith, what are you up to!
Ragistan will walk over, remove the Starfish's crown and drop it into the tank while he nods to Brandt. "How are things today?" He asks then smiles at Marge, making sure not to show his teeth **
Bishop: Ardith is Wraith,.. in the full bloom of her youth, obviously fertile etc..
Brandt (D) nods quietly to Ragistan, multiple pieces of what appear to be fragile pieces of plating and other components float at the surface of the tank **
Bishop: Wraith, the captured pilot is looking a little rough, but she brushes up pretty nice your long years of experience tell you
Bishop: Marge: nods to Rage
Bishop: Doctor: you can go in and see the prisoner now Wraith.
Ragistan: "How are you feeling?" He asks her and leans against the tank while the starfish does...whatever it does in the goo
Wraith: "Thank you."
Tiana climbs in to her mecha for a rest and a chat **
Bishop: Inside the room is the woman sat up in bed, and next to her taking feverish notes is Damein
Bishop: Marge: Im comfortable, although knitting is very difficult, *she says waving her stump with a smile*
Bishop: Tianas mecha: oh god, there goes my nap.
Wraith: (How’s the woman's condition look?)
Bishop: right, as in looks hung over, but coming out of it
Wraith: "You look just how I feel"
Wraith says to the pilot as he enters the room **
Ragistan: He smiles back and he nods his head. "After all of this is over if possible I would offer my family’s cyberneticists work with you." He says showing her his own cybernetic arm and flexing the fist. "It is better than the original, some times I forget it’s even a replacement."
Bishop: Yuna: what, your on your period?
Tiana gives the console of her mecha a little kick "Shush you. You've done nothing but sleep since we got here" **
Damien (C): "Was there anything else of note with the defenses?"
Bishop: Marge: *chuckles* Im sure I would have problems carting something like that around!.. but I am very grateful.. Thank you
Wraith: "Maybe, I seem to be irritable enough and moody enough."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: Im old, and I finally get a few days off in comfort, of course I'm gonna sleep, now what can I do for you youngling?
Ragistan nods his head. "I might too if it wasn’t for the grav systems in it." He winks. "How are the mech repairs coming?" He asks and looks to Brandt. **
Bishop: Yuna: *looks to Damien* I think I have given you the major parts, if anything comes up I will make sure you hear about it.
Tiana: "Do you know what’s been going on at all? About the whole Pantheon and these Orphan Star people?"
Wraith: "I came to make sure they treated you decent."
Wraith: "Decent enough at least. "
Bishop: Yuna: well the foods great and I can sleep knowing someone’s not going to stick a knife in my back for failure..
Damien (C): "Take care, Yuna. I'll check back when I get a chance."
Bishop: Hama: the. .Pantheon?
Brandt (D): "There are a few remaining matters. Without a proper reactor I'm having trouble restoring its original equipment to working order. Or there's just not enough of the original equipment remaining to fix..."
Wraith: "With friends like that who needs enemies?"
Damien (C) stands and heads out shortly after Wraith enters. **
Wraith: "Let me see the notes later. If you don't mind damien?"
Ragistan gives a frown to that. "With access to all of my funds you cant purchase a new reactor or buy the parts to put one together?" **
Wraith says without turning away from Yuna as he goes to grab a seat in the room and stretches out **
Damien (C): "Sure, Wraith."
Brandt (D): "It's not quite like that. It's not a normal reactor, and my people have never used systems which utilize Viridian crystals in the same manner."
Brandt (D): "I understand the basics, but I'm still trying to find help to build one from scratch."
Damien (C) leaves the room, stops to get his pistol, requests the doctor to make sure Yuna is kept comfortable, then heads out in search of Rage. **
Brandt (D): "It would be like...Damien building a gravitic sled."
Ragistan considers it for a moment, then he tilts his head. "Your shuttle is fast right? Send Sirius in a shuttle with a crate full of money and have him bring back the best engine tech he can hire with the parts he needs." **
Ragistan is in the mechbay with Marge and Brandt **
Bishop: Marge: what are you looking for Brandt?
Brandt (D): "There's a problem with that, that reactor I purchased for the shuttle, for our trip to the moon... biggest one I could fit in there. I have two, maybe three jumps before it's worthless."
Damien (C) approaches Rage once he finds him in the mechbay. **
Ragistan: "It can fly normally cant it?" He asks then looks to Damien. "Yes?"
Damien (C): "I got some information from our new prisoner."
Wraith: "So..."
Ragistan: "Anything interesting?"
Damien (C) hands the notes to him. **
Ragistan takes them and reads them over **
Wraith: "Tell me....about orphan star."
Bishop: Tianas mecha *wakes up again* a what’s that youngling?
Wraith: "Your life with them that is."
Wraith: "That’s what I'm interested in. You had your interrogation that was business. I'm more curious about the personal
Brandt (D): "Well, that's why I wanted to see Desilena. My kin on this world are undoubtedly its best technicians..." *Turns his gaze down to Marge* "In your mech, there is an interface between the reactor and the crystals." *Gestures to the crystals in the tank.* "Which these are replacing... Truth be told, it's beyond me. There's not enough left of the reactors to repair and refit."
Bishop: Pleasant, rich pampered, secular and hard.
Bishop: Marge: you didn’t answer my question though Brandt.. what do you need?
Tiana: "I don't know really. But from what I can figure out, they're saying that they're a group who have been turning the tribes against each other, as a distraction while they get stuff to allow them to operate the moon"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: Makes sense, you think that’s what happened to your father?
Damien (C) waits while Rage reads over the notes. **
Wraith: "Knife in someone’s back every evening?"
Brandt (D): "Well...I have an idea of how I could build a working reactor, but it requires a pure crystal. Very pure."
Wraith: "No seriously I'm not here to be patronizing or to fuck with you...I really would like to know."
Tiana: "No, I still think Ishida happened to my father."
Ragistan considers everything then nods and looks to Damien. "Do my a favor, find out how many submersibles this ship has and how large they are, as well as talk to your family if you would be so kind. Any allies and forces we can get to assist us in this fight will be invaluable." **
Bishop: Yuna: yeah you got it, although it was called 'weeding out the careless'
Wraith: "Sounds like a terrible life"
Bishop: mecha: and now ishida is at this Orphan star base where the Pantheon are?.. coincidence?
Tiana: "Maybe. If they're paying right or promising something he wants. But maybe not."
Brandt (D) puts down a part and looks over the tank to Marge "I'm sure they're rare even on this world...would you have access to such treasures?" **
Bishop: Mecha: still a coincidence nonetheless, right?
Tiana: "I'm not sure what we can do about it. But I'm thinking of helping these people stop this Pantheon, from what I've seen they at least seem to be trying to stop them from getting hold of the moon"
Tiana: "Yes"
Bishop: yuna: yes, well, when you grow up there you don’t really know any other.
Damien (C): To Rage: "This is your ship, isn't it? Shouldn't you already know how many submersibles it has?"
Bishop: Marge: well, the purest crystals I know come from the Amaranth caves in the Polar north, really north, to the extent of my own tribes boundaries, inside the wastelands.. virtually nothing living there to taint the crystals
Wraith gives yuna a moment to talk a bit more **
Ragistan shakes his head. "This is my family’s ship, and I am not its captain, I don’t bother myself with memorizing inventory." **
Damien (C): "As for checking with my brother, that's too easy. I believe Brandt needed to go up there anyway and wanted me along."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: so, what do you intend to do?
Brandt (D): "Go into my shuttle. In a secure box on the workbench in the back of the bay is a large crystal sphere. Do you think we could get one just like it...anywhere? If we could get two or more...I would take it as a personal favor."
Damien (C): "Alright, I'll check with the captain and comm with the info. As soon as I do,.." *Looks over at Brandt in the tank, then back to Rage.* "..please have him get ready to go. I have the feeling it will take a while."
Ragistan nods his head. "The more troops we can get the easier the assault will be, I already have thousands of siege marines but we are low on mechs and heavy vehicles. "He says, loud enough the Marge would be able to overhear the conversation **
Tiana: "I don't know. They seem to be planning some big battle. We might fight in it, but we need to sort out what Ishida did first."
Ragistan glances to Brandt. "I will see what I can do, I'll get him ready when you com me with the info." **
Damien (C) turns and goes off in search of the captain. **
Bishop: Marge: 8tilts her head* ahem: and if possible I would like some time to contact my family and let them know I am ok, if I could please? *Said loud enough for Rage to hear*
Bishop: Mecha: yes, you o its important to have your own ghosts to rest first...
Bishop: I take it the.. message has been sent out luring them to a location?
Tiana types in the co-ordinates of the Orphan star base "How long would it take us to get to there from our current position?" **
Ragistan looks to Marge and he nods his head. "Of course, all of the facilities of the ship will be made available to you." He smiles reassuringly. "If need be I can arrange for a shuttle to take you back to your family as well if you so desire." He assures her. **
Brandt (D): *When Marge goes to look in the shuttle, inside to the right of the bench is a frame very similar to Sirius, but heavier; It seems about 80% complete (the parts Brandt is working on now would finish the outer shell), though the inside seems mostly hollow
Bishop: Marge: perhaps not just.. yet.. *She looks at her stump* they might take some things the wrong way...
Wraith sighs "No you don't" **
Ragistan nods his head. "We are doing our best to fix that, I am truly sorry for the pain and suffering that has been caused." **
Wraith: "Though you might dream of something better."
Wraith: "Can't remember is membership in that group for life?"
Wraith: "Or do they at least give you the chance of getting out after a time?"
Bishop: Marge: not you fault, but thank you for trying to fix it. *She comes out of the shuttle* Im not sure on those crystals, but I would recommend a trip to the Ameranth caves to see the crystals there to see if they match.
Bishop: Membership is until the end of life
Wraith: "No its not"
Bishop: Yuna: well, I'm happy with them thinking Im dead still Ok?
Wraith: "No you missed the point"
Wraith: "And got it slightly at the same time"
Bishop: Tiana's mecha: a day or so.. why?
Wraith: "You always have a choice"
Bishop: Yuna: yes, and my choice is to have nothing to do with them any more.
Tiana: "Because if we wait around here I'll be as old as you before these people decide to act"
Wraith: "The consequences others may impose on your choice...you might not be able to do anything about. But no one can force you to do anything."
Wraith: "You sure you don't want anything to do with them?"
Ragistan nods his head and gives a smile. "If anyone needs anything else, I will be on my coms." he look to Brandt. "Oh, and you and Damien are going to visit his brother soon, would you please make yourself presentable and less gooey?" he asks as he fishes the starfish from the goo **
Wraith: "Sure you don't want to give them a piece of your mind?"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: I thought we had sent a message out to lead them to a place there was something they could se for bargaining a higher wage with the orphans?
Wraith: "Or do you still have friends in that hellhole you maybe care for. There has to be at least one."
Bishop: yuna: I just want to see them destroyed and.. take up fishing or something
Wraith looks thoughtful..."hmmm if you weren't a soldier I wouldn't figure you for the outdoorsy type **
Tiana: "That was the plan, but we don't appear to be doing it. I can't blame them, they're busy with other things. Why don't we go now? This way we wont be getting them in to any danger with it anyway."
Brandt (D) nods, mentally checking the schedule and comming to one of the Psi-able crewmembers to take his place **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: well, the message HAS been sent and they should be due to arrive at that island tomorrow.
Wraith: "That fight"
Tiana: "Really? Did I miss that? Well that’s good. Lets go to the island then"
Wraith: "Tell me about it from your perspective"
Wraith: "Were you the pilot?"
Wraith: "I know that model was a two seater but I know you have backup controls. I did put in major hits. Maybe the pilot could have been possibly wounded. Did you assist in anyway?"
Bishop: yuna: no, I was the weapons officer.
Bishop: yuna: look, I saw my friend and partner hosed out of the sky, OK?
Brandt (D) will get out of the tank, gather the parts and clean off; with the remaining time before Damien is ready, he'll finish pre-assembly on Ulfr's body and see Marge and Ulfr back to their quarters (or medbay) after donning his armor **
Wraith: "No shit you're looking at the devil who did it."
Wraith: "I know how you feel."
Bishop: yuna: what are you doing, bragging or something?
Wraith: "But I'm not asking this question lightly"
Wraith: "Answer it please."
Bishop: Brandt and Damein meet at the dock next to the ships aircar
Wraith: "Tell me about the fight as you remember it. Tell me about our firefight."
Bishop: Yuna: why?
Wraith: "I wanted to feel you out because I thought you were the pilot who nearly took me out."
Brandt (D): "Thanks for coming along."
Wraith: "That was some of the best flying I've ever seen and I've been in the field against the Concordat's elite"
Bishop: Yuna: Im not surprised, we were Poltergeist, the elite of a mercenary group that trains Orphans from almost birth to be the best fighters around.
Damien (C): "Its not a problem. What are you going for? You never told me."
Tiana pokes her mecha's console to wake him again **
Wraith: "I'd almost say I could relate to you"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: the islands only 6 hours flight time away!!!
Wraith: "Except being a noble, I was trained from birth...for other things."
Brandt (D): "I need to speak with Desilena... She knows how to contact the other Wolfen tribes of this world."
Tiana: "We can't fly"
Wraith: "I can relate to you as a warrior though. I can relate to your experience in that realm."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: why not?
Damien (C): "Ah, yes. That would make sense."
Tiana: "Because we don't have wings! How can you forget that?"
Wraith: "And if you want to bring down the orphan star...either on this world or in the galaxy. Your level of involvement is your choice."
Brandt (D): "You should speak to your brother...I think any help we can find will be good to have."
Wraith: "You aren’t going to do it alone."
Wraith: "I'm offering you a chance to be on the side that has resources and the clout to make it happen. As the scion of the Plantagent Mercenary Family."
Damien (C): "Yea. Rage is a step ahead of you on that note."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: oh, right. . I'm not a battleship any more..
Damien (C) gets into the aircar. **
Bishop: Yuna: my level of involvement is giving you guys details on the Orphan Stars base defenses..
Wraith: "And then you are going to go relax."
Tiana rolls her eyes "You were never a battleship." **
Tiana: "You're a mecha."
Wraith: "Maybe go fishing, more likely I figure you'll try to forget your life"
Brandt (D) gets into the car with Damien **
Wraith: "Drown it out with booze, drugs, sex, in the underground of a thousand worlds if need be."
Damien (C) gives our driver the directions and sits back, enjoying the relaxing ride. **
Bishop: Tianas mecha:... yes, Ok ,I was.. er.. *The great cats head looks about the bay for Brandt, sighs * Ok, Im just a mecha,..
Wraith: "Why not, who the fuck can imagine the pain you've felt since birth."
Wraith: "Who the fuck knows what it takes to erase it but you right?"
Bishop: Yuna: really, all I want to do is rebuild it
Wraith: "Ok fair enough. Lets look at the brighter side."
Wraith: "You...leave here do whatever you want to do."
Wraith: "Find success at something, and peace."
Bishop: it takes an hour or so before Brandt and Damien are driving through the pleasant grounds of the family’s estate.
Brandt (D) monitors their flight, given what happened /last/ time Damien's brother was involved in..anything.. **
Bishop: Yuna: I intend to do, but only when I know Im safe to do so
Tiana: "What is going on with you? Brandt said there was something odd"
Wraith: "Well sister it won't be after this hit"
Wraith: "You are the elite of their cadre"
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: um, well, Im a little older than you might think..
Wraith: "They'll kill you before they let you go if they have to run you down to get you"
Tiana: "Oh god, you're not fifty are you?"
Bishop: Yuna: and that’s the reason I have given you the details for the base defenses, so you can destroy them
Wraith: "You telling me the entirety of the orphan star is in one location?"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: no, a little older.
Wraith: "Every single soldier, every single operative."
Bishop: and soon Brandt and Damien are at the family estate, the butler comes down to open the door for them and Damien's brother is there to meet them "Brother! How goes it! Come on inside for dinner
Tiana: "Fifty five?" she says sympathetically
Bishop: Yuna: yes, they are now, they have to be for this one big operation
Bishop: Tianas mecha: *there is a grumble and it settles on its haunches* No, older.
Wraith looks thoughtful **
Tiana: "I don't know. A million?"
Brandt (D): "I appreciate the offer, but I need to speak with Desilena, if she is available. It's somewhat urgent."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: What! I don’t seem THAT old to you do I?
Bishop: Lord Flasheart: certainly I will have her summoned, you to brother?...
Damien (C): "I need to talk to you about something important."
Wraith: "Anyone you want to bring out of that group"
Wraith: "I think you noticed I tend to disdain taking prisoners."
Damien (C) starts walking to the study. **
Bishop: Lord Flasheart: I say you do brother! What’s the girls name and does she go like steam piston through glass!?
Wraith: "You are probably the first in 2 years."
Tiana: "No, not that old. Why don't you just tell me already?"
Wraith: "That I haven't been specifically ordered to take"
Bishop: Yuna: kill them, kill them all *and she rolls over her back to you, blanket over her shoulder
Bishop: Tiana.. I'm.. very old.. You know the ship that goes through he middle of your city?
Tiana: "Yep"
Wraith: "You Fucking Rat!"
Damien (C): "There is no girl this time."
Bishop: Lord Flasheart: Come on brother, never mind, plenty more fillies for you round up into your paddock, right?..*Follows you to the study*
Brandt (D) will wait patiently **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: well, that was me
Tiana: "You crashed the ship?"
Bishop: Lord Flasheart: what, is it a boy? You raving Poof? do I need to go out and buy you some dresses?
Bishop: meanwhile Marge tip toes into the comms chamber
Damien (C) frowns. "Jarent, this is no time for jokes." *He takes a seat in a chair and looks to his brother. "This is about eliminating a threat to the planet." **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: I did not crash the ship that was Pilot Yasando, and he gave his life bravely, making sure it happened cleanly and with maximum chance of the colonists surviving! .. I was the ships computer core.
Tiana: "You... were the core? Why? What? Are you pulling my leg? Is this because of the chewing gum incident because I did get most of that cleaned up off the back of the pilot seat"
Bishop: Lord Flasheart: eliminating a threat to the planet? Got to have more balls than an epileptics bowling bag, to do that kind of thing,.. So what kind of violent heroic action are you looking at here? *Pours out a brandy*
Wraith: "You're gonna sit here in this fucking bed and wallow in your pity and let your buddies burn by our hand. I mean your buddies not the Orphan Star, the ones you lived with and trained with who watched your back. Surely you had more than one friend...please tell me that even in such a mindfuck of a institution there existed some degree of camaraderie and honor amongst your troops."
Bishop: Desilena: *walks up the stairs and nods to Brandt* you wanted me?
Wraith: "Answer Me!"
Brandt (D) greets her politely, giving a light sniff before stepping back "I know I am early... you said to contact you on the full moon, but we do not have that much time. I need aid, both of knowledge and of might." **
Bishop: Yuna: no, I am going to sit here in this bed, because I am tired I feel crap and I’m trying not to spit on the man that killed my lover, because I know that’s war, and I am giving you all the information I can to possibly, and I mean possibly, stop this crap happening to another generation of children, and am I bothered about the ones trained with? The ones trained to hate us because we were elite, because having them hate us made us sharper?.. The only friend, the only consolation I had died last night I his cockpit in front of my eyes, the only place we could actually show care for one another because to do it in the Orphan Star is to show weakness? You tell me.. how do you think I feel?
Bishop: Desilena: well I gather its for a good reason, so what can I do for you?
Bishop: Tianas mecha: no.. Tiana I was the core of that colony ship.. I promise you that.. Didn’t you ever wonder as to my size?
Tiana: "I just thought you'd put on weight."
Tiana says with a grin **
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: No Tiana, I was the computer core for the colony ship before that was the battle ship..
Tiana: "So, how come you didn't tell me? And how did you end up in Huntress?"
Brandt (D): "We are preparing an assault on the Orphan Star site. Damien is discussing this with his brother, as well. They are working in league with another organization intending to collapse the societies of this world, turning them against each other.."
Wraith: "Like dying"
Wraith: "Maybe you should have."
Wraith: "I'll leave you to your misfortune and wish you peace."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: I ended up in the huntress because you were taking your first mecha, and my primary program is to protect you.
Bishop: Desilena *her lips compress and her ears flick with irritation* hmm, orphan Star again...
Bishop: Brandt I think she was a member of the zealots?
Bishop: Yuna: thank you for the peace.
Tiana: "Why'd you do that?"
Tiana: "Who programmed that?"
Wraith: "And for what its worth, I'm sorry for your friend. It never gets easier."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: what..protect you?
Bishop: Tianas mecha: well, your mother did of course, when she built me.
Brandt (D): "The intention is to drive them from this world... But there are more ships enroute..they'll arrive in about four days."
Bishop: Desilena: d we know what the ships en route are?
Wraith: "Let me know if you aren't taken care of while you are staying with us on this ship. And maybe when you feel better we can toast to the death of the Orphan Star..before we all leave your lives forever."
Wraith: *your life
Wraith bids Yuna adieu and leaves **
Tiana: "My mother bu- that's not right. You just said you were super old. So how did she build you?"
Bishop: yuna: I look forward to that
Bishop: Tiana’s mecha: The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea, In a beautiful pea green boat,
Brandt (D): "We have information that they are expecting reinforcements. Wolfen ships do not use their method of travel, and the Cartel are not expecting arrivals."
Bishop: tianas mecha *starts humming and mumbling inaudibly*
Bishop: Desilena: very well, what can I do?
Tiana: "Hey, wake up. Don't you go all senile on me. Answer the question."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: what what?
Bishop: Tianas mecha: what? Where was I? Oh yes.. They took some honey, and plenty of money
Brandt (D): "Simply get the word out. Any and all aid is welcome... I will use my ship to gather any who need transport."
Bishop: Rage, what you up to?
Tiana: "Not that. What you were saying about my mother"
Tiana: "How did she program you?"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: you mother? Which one?
Bishop: Tianas mecha: Wrapped up in a five-pound note.
Wraith leaves a card tossed onto the bed..his personal card. It’s the corporate card for Wraith as a pilot and on the back is written, "This is a get out of hell card. Anywhere in the galaxy, contact us. We'll come for you" **
Brandt (D): "I can use the aid of any engineers you know of, anyone familiar with the mecha put into use by the Tribes."
Tiana: "If you don't start paying attention then I'll repair your circuits again. And you know how bad that turned out last time"
Wraith heads back to meet with ragistran and gets the notes from Damien wherever he's left them for him **
Bishop: Desilena: you want me to contact the nearby packs and ask them to come out of hiding to help?
Bishop: tianas mecha: what do you mean?
Tiana: "Look, just give me a straight answer. What was the name of the person who programmed you to protect me?"
Brandt (D) nods "If you could send word, as well... excavation of the ship of their ancestors' arrival is underway." **
Bishop: Tianas Mecha:... Oracle
Bishop: Desilena: an ancestral ship?
Bishop: Rage, what you up to?
Ragistan: thinking on who I know that belongs to the air tribe :P
Tiana: "ok. So not my mother then. That wasn't her name"
Tiana: "So, who was Oracle?"
Bishop: Tianas mecha: which one?
Bishop: Well Gee rage,.. and guess what the comms room has a do not disturb sign on it..
Ragistan sits outside and waits for whoever was inside to come out **
Brandt (D): "Among my kin, our kin, little history is lost. We have record of the Council choosing our own exile over war. We found a habitable system and fled our old homeworld. The peace was not easy, and long the way one ship, a small collection of tribes, is said to have lost their way. If this is their home, then they are welcome to stay, but my purpose here is to find them, and I am certain if they choose, they would be welcome at our new home."
Tiana: "The one who programmed you."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: your mother
Brandt (D): "It seems only suiting they arrive on the ship they were intended to."
Bishop: Marge comes out, seems surprised to see Rage there, offers a soft 'hello' before making an 'ahem' then moving off down the corridor
Tiana: "Oh you are so going to be taking a long bath in magnetized water..."
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: please if it's going to stop this headache then go ahead!
Tiana: "You're bringing it on yourself."
Ragistan smiles at her. "Is your family glad that you’re safe?" he asks her to make small talk before she leaves **
Bishop: Desilena, I will have to prepare, how long do you have?
Tiana: "Explain to me how my mother programmed you, while you're older than her."
Bishop: Marge: yes, yes they are, they are.. anxious to see that I stay safe as well.
Bishop: tianas Mecha *develops a twitch* which mother?
Tiana: "My mother, the one who gave birth to me. What other mothers can I have?"
Ragistan nods his head. "You are perfectly safe here, I am glad they know you are well." he says then waves as she leaves **
Brandt (D): "I am not a tactician, but I recall when our worlds were assaulted, our countermeasures were most effective when ships were entering the atmosphere... It may be best if we begin our attack then. If so, then 4 days."
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: Smeeeeeg,.. Heeeead.!
Brandt (D): "If you mean here, now... I have means of returning whenever I need." *He's in his armor, after all*
Bishop: Desilena: true. Can we get any more actual details on the vessels before they arrive though?
Bishop: Tianas mecha: *so wishes Brandt was there right now*
Bishop: Desilena: I would like to know more about the vessels before measures are committed against them
Tiana: "Right... fine. Clearly you're nuts. I'm seriously doubtful anything you just told me is true"
Brandt (D): "I can transmit you the sensor data that I have now, though it is...somewhat uncertain."
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: I wish what I told you want true..
Tiana: "Why?"
Bishop: Desilena, please do! I will include it with my transmission tonight
Brandt (D) nods and burst-transmits the data to any storage device nearby **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: because I wouldn’t have this massive CPU pain, and be stumbling around program blocks!
Brandt (D): "I will head back now, if you are satisfied. There is still much work to do, and limited time to prepare."
Tiana: "Fine. We'll get Brandt to look at you. Maybe he can fix your memory leaks or something."
Bishop: Desilena: ok, I will let you know when things are ready..
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: it’s not a memory leak! My memory is just fine!
Brandt (D) nods "It was a pleasure seeing you again, and thank you. I'll leave message for Damien that I've returned." **
Wraith approaches ragistran after he's done with...whomever **
Wraith: "So...when do we hit the orphan star?'
Wraith: "or do I have more dance lessons to hold me up from this drop?
Ragistan looks to Wraith, looking to see what the pilot wore. "Three days **
Bishop: And Brandt goes home...
Wraith: "I'm gonna send a message to mommy."
Ragistan: "Wine tasting maybe, but not more dancing, speaking of how did they go? I see you aren’t dead so you must not have stepped on Ardiths feet too much."
Wraith: "She's a nice girl...but her dress pissed me off.... and dancing is so awkward anyway"
Bishop: Brandt you arrive back at the ship, what are you doing?
Brandt (D): Report to Ragistan
Bishop: Brandt you see Rage talking to Wraith
Wraith: "Talked to the prisoner"
Wraith: "She really wants to see everyone die."
Ragistan laughs a bit. "Most women folk wear dresses like that, if you prefer I can try to find you a Ktorn dance partner next time?" He jokes **
Brandt (D) approaches quietly and waits for the verbal onslaught to cease **
Wraith: "I still prefer soldier girls."
Wraith: ""Speaking of yeah..."
Tiana: "Sure its fine. Anyway. If you were a big space ship. How did you crash? Can you tell me that? Why did we fall out of the sky?"
Ragistan looks at Brandt and nods. "You can use the coms first Wraith." He says then heads over to Brandt. "Yes?" **
Wraith: "I'm gonna put in a request for...something that can blow up the base...Yield like a tac nuke but without the nuclear part"
Wraith: "And mecha portable"
Ragistan looks to Wraith. "Lets try not to nuke the place, we may need the key that’s down there." **
Wraith: "I want to exterminate the orphan star organization while they are on Pacifica"
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: the colony ship got clipped by something.. bizarre, when we approached the planet.. It was just as the moon was rising over the planets zenith.. Barely held together coming through the atmosphere..
Brandt (D): "I've spoken with Desilena; I can't guarantee any numbers, but she will speak with the tribes and gather those willing. I told her we have four days until the ships arrive. And I think we should launch our attack then."
Tiana: "Could it have been the moon? I just found out that its some sort of super weapon"
Wraith: "I think I can acquire other types of munitions"
Bishop: Tianas mecha:.. it could have been
Ragistan looks to Brandt. "I told the fire tribe three days, better to attack before any possible reinforcements show up." **
Tiana: "I wouldn't be surprised if you just clipped the moon while parking and that’s what caused the crash"
Bishop: tianas mecha: don’t get lippy with young girly! I carried you..... oh happy days are here again, ti
Wraith: "That will leave the base intact but...personnel....will be SOL"
Wraith: "Would that be more acceptable to the mission?"
Tiana gives him another gentle kick "Wake up" **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: what?
Brandt (D): "That is actually my concern... Depending on the ships enroute, they /could/ be capable of attack from orbit... And the weapons which were recently delivered notwithstanding, few on this planet have the capability to respond...or even protect themselves..from that threat."
Ragistan considers then nods his head. "It would be, but highly destructive pin point weapons like bunker busters and the like would be more preferable still." **
Wraith: "I'll put in a request for those. As well as for some nerve agents."
Tiana: "Your primary function is to protect me, right?"
Ragistan looks to Brandt. "All the more reason to attack a day before they arrive, there’s no reason to open ourselves up for orbital bombardment, can you contact the person you spoke to and move the timetable up a day?" **
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: yes it is..
Wraith: "Brandt, I recall you had a special weapon… or something special"
Wraith: "That might be suited to this discussion
Tiana: "Then what if I told you I was going to hurt myself if you don't tell me why you think I have multiple mothers?"
Brandt (D): "While I was speaking with Desilena, I recalled some of our countermeasures to attack when our worlds were threatened by Pantheon before... when a ship is in orbit, it is a threat... they, fortunately, seemed to have a distaste for simply razing the planet, perhaps there was something more they were interested in, but as the ship transitions from orbit into atmosphere, its sensors, maneuverability, defenses, and weapons are compromised."
Brandt (D): "I do, Wraith. It's prepared."
Bishop: Tianas Mecha: that’s self inflicted, I am also programmed not to interfere with self choice
Tiana: "What if I told you that me not knowing would lead to me been in danger?"
Ragistan nods his head. "And we don’t have time to bring all of the planetary defense batteries online, so can you talk to her and move things up a day?" **
Bishop: Tianas mecha: I have final judge on that and it would not break through the blocks in my programming
Wraith: "Tell me about its capabilities"
Brandt (D): "I don't know its capabilities, other than it is the weapon prepared to destroy the entire underwater base should it be necessary."
Tiana sighs, "Ok, I give up. You'd of thought a computer the size of a spaceship would be less stubborn" **
Brandt (D): "I will send her message, though I think it wiser to wait until the ships are in a compromised attack position."
Bishop: Tianas mecha: Im also old and extremely cantankerous
Brandt (D) nods to Ragistan and heads down to the hangar, preparing and sending an audio message for Desilena on the way **
Wraith: "Ok.."
Wraith: "I'm still gonna request nerve agents"
Tiana: "No? Really? I wouldn't have guessed"
Wraith: "Let me go make the request for that and other specialized ordinance for fighter bombers
Tiana grins "How long was it until the meeting with the other members of my group?" **
Bishop: as you enter the hanger Brandt, a large lion like mecha gently rests its paws on your shoulder, and does a very credible impression of sobbing*
Ragistan shrugs his shoulders. "I would rather attack and know their reinforcements are a day out rather than let them get to where they can help then hope the planet will take care of them for us. If they show up a day later and decide to start trouble the planet, if it does something, can still knock them around." He looks to Wraith and nods. "Go ahead." **
Bishop: Tianas mecha *to Brandt* make it stop maaaking it stooop...
Brandt (D) stops at the hangar's entrance at the 'groaning' from Hama, and turns to approach the mecha inquisitively **
Bishop: Gouron coming up " we already have three of the capitol vessels carrying siege marines on site.. but having a day would at least allow us to better coordinate things
Wraith goes to comms to send a encrypted weapons request **
Bishop: Ok Wraith
Wraith: (Request is for Special weapons involved in sterilizing an underwater base. Request for nuclear and chemical class weapons requested. Also request a star (of 7 units) of aerospace support fighters to provide CAS for the mission
Bishop: (from?)
Brandt (D): "Hama?"
Bishop: Hama: she keps asking questions I cannot answer....
Brandt (D): "A morsel of truth isn't enough... Tiana, can you come out, please?"
Bishop: Tiana: your mecha is, well sobbing no Brandt’s shoulder
Tiana hops down **
Tiana: "Hi Brandt"
Wraith: (Request is from me with command authorization to Plantagenant Ascendant Strategic Services)
Wraith: (With the family name involved)
Bishop: Hama settles into a prone position, his tail covering his nose
Bishop: Wraith, it will take at least three weeks for that stuff to get to your location!
Brandt (D): "Let's give Hama a rest... I was curious as to the extent of your ability.."
Tiana nods "I guess he could do with a break. And my ability to annoy him goes much further beyond this" **
Wraith frowns **
Wraith tries to run a back channel to mum "Mom I kinda need to wipe out an entire mercenary organization. Give me a nuke or alot of nerve gas. This is to remove competition. Your loving son, Wraith" **
Bishop: its not about the red tape its about the actual transit time, ships can only fly so fast
Wraith: What about wares the cartel can acquire
Bishop: ask Rage!
Brandt (D) reaches to his back and draws out a crystalline bolt before handing it to Tiana "Could you grow something on this?" **
Wraith: I'll take hiring a bunch of goons in second line mecha with flame weaponry to go into the base with us
Tiana: "Sure, what do you want?"
Bishop: the bolt grows, it’s a layered rainbow color
Brandt (D): "Anything, just do what you feel like."
Tiana grows away then **
Brandt (D) will give her a variety of bolts with various enhancements **
Tiana: "What are these things?"
Brandt (D): "These are a special form of Viridian crystal which grows rapidly on exposure to Neutrinos...it's, a very small particle
Bishop: nope both of them become rainbow hued... well it keeps them, kind of..
Bishop: Anything she touches with that Brandt is transformed to a rainbow hue...
Tiana: "Well. I can make it pretty colors for you if you like?"
Brandt (D): "One more thing I'd like to try..." *Hops into Corona briefly and brings out a more dense armor plate, a discarded piece from his work on Ulfr* "try with this.."
Tiana tries with that as well **
Brandt (D) is less concerned with the color, and more the composition :P **
Bishop: it does... go rainbow...
Bishop: Hama: tell her will you? It might be used against her...
Wraith sends out a back channel to the old man at the merc bar...for very specific needs. **
Brandt (D) turns and looks up from studying the piece of iridescent armor "I think it best if you tell her. If you are capable of such.." **
Bishop: Old Man: you want men? Love you long time, give massage with happy ending?))
Bishop: Hama: I cannot.. I have blocks in my programming
Bishop: Old Man: oh, you want dangerous men in black rubber?
Brandt (D) nods and gestures Hama over toward one of the outward facing hangar doors, and sets aside the crystal constructs before leading Tiana over to look out across the water "Do you remember what I said before?" **
Tiana: "I think it best someone tell me before I grow a crystal into someone where the sun doesn't shine"
Tiana follows Brandt "Yes" (she lies) **
Brandt (D) gestures again to the rim and sits on the edge, himself.. Despite her 'agreement', he repeats it anyway "We were sent here, without knowing the true purpose, but it wasn't what we thought." **
Wraith: "Basically"
Brandt (D): "What could Hama tell you?"
Wraith: "Loyal enough to the contract if paid right, no scruples and very well skilled. They need to be able to hang with me as its gonna be heavy shit"
Wraith: "And they have to bring their own machine"
Tiana: "That he was the Cashama colony ship. That he clipped the moon and crashed in to the planet."
Bishop: Hama: I did not! The moon shot me!
Tiana: "And something weird about my mother programming him to protect me, but my mother wasn't born when he was programmed. And they wouldn't program a computer to protect me when he was built, which was like... I don't know how long ago"
Brandt (D) reaches back to gesture Hama to quiet down "There's more. He's old. Thousands of years, at least." **
Brandt (D): "I don't doubt that the parents you know love you very much, but they are only your caretakers."
Tiana: "What?"
Brandt (D): "You were stored on-board the colony ship, in stasis, until several years ago."
Tiana: "What?"
Brandt (D): "You weren't born to the father and mother you know."
Tiana: "That's not true. That's impossible"
Brandt (D): "It's true. You were meant for a purpose. To be here, now."
Tiana: "Why? What purpose? And how come Hama can't tell me this if its true?"
Brandt (D): "I don't have all the information.. There is only so much he's told me, but sometimes it is best to /not/ know."
Brandt (D): "If I had been sent to this world and told to unite the tribes, I may never have become involved with Ragistan and the others."
Brandt (D): "Instead, I arrived, sought a source of information and found someone who could help me, in exchange for my help in return. And here I am."
Tiana: "Ok. But what’s my purpose then? And that seems like a weak reason not to tell someone that they aren't my real parents."
Brandt (D): "I could only speculate that, Tiana. Suffice to say, if what Hama says is true, this Oracle planned far more than any of us know, to send you here, to wait until now."
Tiana: "Well she could have just asked..."
Tiana says, sounding a bit petulant and put out **
Brandt (D): "Perhaps you were needed for a purpose...but you still had to make your own decision.. To chose that purpose, when it became apparent."
Tiana shakes her head "I don't like the idea of purposes. Planned or not." **
Brandt (D): "Why?"
Tiana: "Because I don't like the idea of someone pulling my strings like I'm some sort of prawn in a game of water tribe chess"
Tiana: "Especially not after finding out why all the fighting between the tribes started"
Brandt (D) considers "If all this is true... then your mother believed you important to stopping this, perhaps even re-uniting the tribes in the peace I hear they experienced decades ago." **
Tiana: "No, it couldn't be that. The ship arrived before the tribes didn't it? We weren't tribes off world were we?"
Brandt (D): "No, you're right. But, if the tribes had not been here, the Pantheon would have been able to come, and take whatever they are here for..."
Tiana: "I'm finding this very hard to believe..."
Brandt (D): "Hama's concern is...your friend, who we will meet soon, knows this. Hama believes if he is a threat, he will use this information to make you hesitate, and gain an advantage."
Tiana: "Well, Hama would be right about that. I'd certainly be thrown off balance... though I doubt I'd believe him if he had told me."
Brandt (D): "I feel there is at least a measure of sensibility in Hama's story, so I hope you do not outright discount it, but if you choose not to believe, I do not know if it is anyone's place to fault you."
Tiana: "I don't know, about the only thing I'd believe is that he might be the ships computer core. I mean he is incredibly big and bulky. Other than that it’s all very far fetched... "
Tiana shakes her head "Lets talk about something else. How are your repairs going?" **
Brandt (D) taps on his forearm (which has a data console) and after a moment reaches back and draws another bolt "This time don't change it, but think.. twenty seconds." **
Tiana: "Think twenty seconds? You want me to count?"
Brandt (D): "No, just think of how long twenty seconds is.."
Tiana shrugs and thinks about it **
Brandt (D) lifts the arrow as her hand draws away and 'draws' it to launch into the air... after (presumably) about 20s, it explodes, shattering into hundreds of fragments which ignite in small flares (per Bish's claim of what you were doing to the samples earlier :P) **
Brandt (D): "Repairs... Corona is in fine condition. The drive wasn't damaged, only affected by the moon."
Tiana: "So, do you know what the next step is?"
Brandt (D): "Marge's mecha and Ulfr's body are progressing, though I need crystals to engineer my prototype reactor.."
Brandt (D): "We are traveling to meet your companions tomorrow, or is it later today?"
Tiana: "I think Hama said they'd be a day away"
Brandt (D) nods "I'll check the reports again. And according to Marge, the crystals I may need for the reactors are far to the north." **
Tiana: "How long would it take us to get all the way up there and back? In time before those reinforcements arrive?"
Tiana: "And which reactors are you planning to power?"
Brandt (D): "I'll have to get the coordinates for the location from Marge to be sure... I should be able to risk a jump in Corona for a return, but it should not be necessary.
Brandt (D): "I'm more concerned that Ragistan plans to attack before the ships arrive."
Tiana: "Isn't it a good thing to attack before? So that we hit them before their reinforcements get here?"
Brandt (D): "If they are capable of attacking from orbit, there is little we can do to defend, even if we have routed their base."
Tiana: "So you want to wait for them to land, and then attack?"
Brandt (D): "Yes.. A grounded ship is vulnerable, and even more-so, a /landing/ ship, as it enters orbit, loses significant maneuverability."
Brandt (D): "They will still be a threat, however much less of one than if they arrive after the battle is over...or worse, before. Such large assaults rarely last a few hours before they are complete."
Tiana: "But if we leave it too late, they might get whatever it is they need to get the moon working"
Brandt (D) nods **
Brandt (D): "I'm not a tactician, and will leave such matters to Ragistan, but...I do believe his choice is ill-advised."
Tiana: "Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see then."
Brandt (D) nods "At best, it leaves us three days to gather forces of all the tribes, the cartel, colonies and free pilots." **
Brandt (D): "I will travel with you to meet your tribemates, if you like, then go to the North in search of the crystals I need."
Tiana: "Thanks, I'd like some back up there."
Tiana: "We already seem to have delayed for a long while."
Brandt (D) nods in understanding. **
Brandt (D): "So much seems to have happened in so few days. Life on Ranue (It almost sounds like a dog's sneeze) seems so simple compared to this."
Tiana nods her head "It has been hectic. Though going in to space was fun." **
Brandt (D): "I'm glad that was enjoyable for someone." *Grins slightly*
Tiana: "Well, there were some bits I could have lived without"
Brandt (D): "You were right though, the moon was responsible. You can detect things like that, too, can't you?"
Tiana: "Not with any degree of accuracy. But something that powerfully psionic you can't help but feel."
Brandt (D): "You, perhaps... I doubt anyone else was aware of it.."
Brandt (D): "That's rather impressive, and helpful."
Tiana: "I'm not sure the others have psionic abilities do they?"
Brandt (D): "Most do, I believe. They may not often make use of them."
Tiana: "Maybe I just practice mine more then or something."
Brandt (D) nods **
Tiana: "I don't think it was all that unique a thing to be able to sense, and was partly deduction anyway."
Brandt (D): "Among my people, my abilities are...somewhat common. To be able to shape and mend material is a great advantage to a mechanic."
Tiana: "I can imagine it would be"
Brandt (D): "Sirius, though...And Ulfr... I've never been able to explain that."
Tiana: "That is pretty odd"
Brandt (D): "How so?"
Tiana: "Well, I've not seen a machine like it before"
Brandt (D): "Sirius wasn't always a machine.."
Brandt (D): "He was an actual wolf, a companion given to my family shortly after my birth."
Tiana nods "And that’s what so odd about him. Though not in a bad way" **
Brandt (D) considers "I suppose I can understand that." **

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 am

Also, Bish, check your emails over the week, I have a few questions for you.

Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:08 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 109  Next