View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109  Next
 Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse 

Post Re: Mekton: Rosetta Eclipse
RAWR!!!! So yeah the rescue will be hard. Any ideas?

Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

No, I think we're handling it alright so far on our own :P

That said, I do have a few notions. But they'll remain private until I have spoken to Bish about them.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 am

im more than happy turning monks into grenades for the siege marine to throw about :P

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:52 am

If i can't attend I'll have a set of actions and a "plan" that Zanone is going to carry out to help ensure you guys make it out in your own. GM knowledge only though. I'll shoot out a email if I can't get a IM out.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:02 pm

I'd prefer if we limited that tactic, obviously. I will also point that, while this is not a Concordat mission, that at the very least Steven is a Concordat officer, as are you (iirc), and our actions here reflect upon the Concordat.

To propose one idea that I might need to take advantage of, Felix, can you communicate with Gil even when he's in orbit? If so, would he be capable of lifting Drache (approx 45 tons with Rider frame) in order to push him out an airlock/the back hatch? Drache is fitted for re-entry, the trick would be getting my armor first, and meeting the mech on the way down (so it doesn't pancake in the town square, so to speak.)

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Then speak to me people!

Ill post up IP later today.

Jurry, how many tons can that rider take? it might actually be possible for Gil to pilot it down with the Drache riding on the back like an unconscious drunk girlfriend.

PS, you do know the religious zealots do HAVE mecha.. just not that incredibly good ones, (not beeun updated in what, 50 -60 years)?

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Clarification of Zanones Status: Although out of the 3 Military personnel (or 5 if we include the twins) he is the only enlisted he is the highest paygrade of enlisted. He is also a Concordat SIB Black Operative who has been trained from birth prior to enlistment by Zao's Pirates as a soldier. He is also Naval Special Warfare on top of that. To say he operates unorthodox is putting it lightly..You may even consider the shit he does as loose cannon work. However anything zanone does is considered at least before followed through.

His priorities are 1. The Mission 2. The Team 3. Personal Survival. That earlier action didn't exactly interfere with the mission although it sure as fuck wasn't convenient.. So 1 Didn't override 2.

As for how this reflects on the Concordat Zanones response is going to be along the lines of "Ha zealots..." he has been involved in operations that not even the Colonel is cleared for. Operations that if they saw the light of day would do a little more than merely make news galaxy wide. They would probably be able to be twisted and used as grounds for war by the other parties. He gets appearances..

That said as far as he's concerned about the zealots they can all swim together at the bottom of the sea. Anyway back to the military thing. Another point of note is Enlisted to Officer and leadership: He has earned his rank meritorously in battle or got promoted testwise and the biggest unit he commanded was a 16 Man SEAL Platoon into battle. Leadership wise he has things to learn.

That being said add the natural Enlisted tendency to be "hmph" officers (Less when it comes to the higher ranks i figure working with them but it applies especially to low ranking Officers...Master Chief not saluting a ensign or 2nd lieutenat for example and blowing him off) to the fact he really hasn't dealt with a organized command structure in a while and that in his line of work going on his "Own Fucking Program" was accepted so long as results were gained.

And the additional fact you are all mechjocks and he's an operator gives him a slight superiority complex (Try force marching 25 miles to contact and then laying havoc to a small base guarded by 2 platoons of crack troops and coming out on top with only 16 guys is his thought on that..Try marching 8 with a pack on and no powerarmour to assist.And then running and gunning your way to extraction on a shuttle that isn't even assigned to your mission..just a favor called in from a old friend to get you and your team out pronto)

IC you can probably mentor him and sway him but its gonna take time. He does things his way. Expect break in time. And to naturally want to take charge in a ground combat situation..Its his bread and butter.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 pm

I was going to wait IC to do this, but Zanone I don't want you wasting time with trying to plan something with Bishop off screen. Because I am making the plan and I already have one that will involve you guarding tand helping to pilot the Scorpion. If I do infact end up trying to infiltrate that base instead giving mecha support you will not be coming with me. For two reasons, Seth does not trust you to follow his orders on this mission, and two we must have someone guarding Sam, both to keep her from doing anything stupid and to assure our escape route if we need it, which is the Scorpion. So sorry Zanone will not doing anything on his own, and Seth will clearly state the consequences if he does act outside his orders.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 pm

The rider is at most twenty tons. The problem would be that my intention was for it to be a mechanical lock-on pack, not something gil would likely make use of. . . Though depending on size, gil might be able to safely ride in on the wake.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:36 pm

a 20 ton mecha rider can carry 100 tons of mecha, so! gil weighs about 35 tons, does drache weigh more than 65 tons? if not they could ride in together.

And yes, as we have that com bug that can reach the ship i could call gil and he is smart enough to strap the rider on grab drache (grav is a wonderful thing XD) and carry it down for us

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:59 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 109  Next