View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Deathwatch Space Marine Recruitment 

Post Deathwatch Space Marine Recruitment
Looking for players that would be interested in playing a Deathwatch game. I am at UTC -7 hours (thats Mountain time zone of the US). Recruiting 5-7 Marines from the Core Book. Time and date have not been settled as of yet, but it looks like we will try to make it on Tues, Thurs, or Sun (starting time TBD, but expect the games to last 5-6 hours once/week) :) . I am hoping to gather enough interest to begin soon. Any questions please direct them to me. The game is for new recruits of Deathwatch with 1,000 xp (that is standard 1st rank marines for deathwatch). This is a game that is heavy on combat/action (although I am a stickler for role-playing your characters).
AF

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile ICQ

Post Re: Deathwatch Space Marine Recruitment
Hey, I'm a tad interested. But I haven't played it before. But I have experience with openrpg and I learn games quickly. If you don't want noobs, it's all cool, man.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Actually prefer newbies, more then experienced players. I am new to Open RPG so maybe you will be able to help me with some of its applications. :D

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 pm
Profile ICQ

I've only just recently gotten into the world of 40k, pretty much when a friend of mine told me to get DOW II on PC. Since then I've started delving more into the lore and things through the novels and such. I haven't played any of the tabletop/rpgs for 40k but have been interested. The only problem I have at the moment is my schedule. I have D&D Encounters on Wed nights at my FLGS, Pathfinder on Sat morning, D&D 4e campaign from Sat afternoon till about 3am Sun morning, and a possible second/side campaign starting soon. Mix in classes with that and my days are limited. However, the side campaign hasn't gotten a day decided upon yet, and Tues/Thursday are my days off from classes. I'm on pacific time btw.

I have no idea what I'd need to read up on, but let me know, I'll look into it and figure out if I can work a 5th game into my sched.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Wow, you got a schedule. If you do find the time, and I get a game going then you are more then welcome to join, and I will keep your days in mind to try and help out with things.... I don't want to bring any CHAOS!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm
Profile ICQ

Well the nice thing is, the three days you're thinking about, are pretty much completely open lol, so I guess that will work in my favor.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

AzonaFate wrote:
Actually prefer newbies, more then experienced players. I am new to Open RPG so maybe you will be able to help me with some of its applications. :D

I that case, count me in, I can play any of the days you mentioned before.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 am

Hey, I'm the Rogue Trader GM who posted the link on the Deathwatch forums. I would like to play Sunday evenings from like 7 pm est till about 11 pm est if that's doable. Can't do 5-6 hr games due to graduate studies/other games/family and I'm looking for work (been unemployed nearly a year now). I'm well experienced with the DH/RT and am learning DW and know 40k well, I play Space Wolves, so likely I'd play a Space Wolf in your game if it works out.

Welcome to OpenRPG, need some help let me know, been here over 10 yrs myself.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 am
Profile YIM

I think I have the basics of character creation down. I find a nice fillable PDF character sheet to use, but I will probably have some questions on where/how to input stuff. For now I went with a Blood Angel Assault Marine.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:10 am

Downloading the pdf, will read them ASAP.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next