View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Saturdays, d20 Modern/Future/Urban Arcana, recruiting! 

Post Re: Saturdays, d20 Modern/Future/Urban Arcana, recruiting!
Still got room? This sounds shiny. :)

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:13 pm
Profile YIM

Definitely!

I'll post more setting info in the next few minutes. As I expected, the visiting relatives have been kinda distracting and and I haven't had as much computer time as I had hoped. Also, I got stuck dogsitting two spastic little dogs half the time today and yesterday, what with most of the family busy.

I'm in the OpenRPG Dev II server lobby now, and will be there for the next few hours, though I will likely be AFK on occasion dealing with family and getting lunch.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 pm

Sent my character sheet in a PM. As stated, I haven't made a D20 modern CS in a few years, so I'm sure I screwed something up, so please check me. :)

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am
Profile YIM

I'll finish going over character sheets this week as I get the time. And I'll post some more setting info as well. For now, a small, late update that should've been posted a few days ago:

Further Wardens Info:
Aedenshire fills the sprawling Aeden's Valley, accessible by various mountain passes but only two are reasonably safe and reliable: the North Pass and South Pass, connecting Aeden's Valley to the Northlands of Teles and the Southlands of Teles, respectively. There are several smaller, more-treacherous passes along the eastern and western flanks of Aeden's Valley, but they are hardly suited to marching armies or merchant caravans.

The Wardens of Aedenshire are responsible for guarding many of the mountain passes connected to the Valley, and they have four strongholds along the mountains: Northfort across the entrances to the North Pass, Southfort along the routes of the South Pass, Westfort guarding the few significant mountian passes of the western flank, and Eastfort along the hills near the eastern mountain passes. The threat of invasion from the eastern passes is quite minimal, as the Frostfort Mountains are taller, icier, and more rugged in the east, so Eastfort isn't built among the mountains themselves and instead lies somewhat closer to the Valley's center, among the eastern hills. Thus, Eastfort sees the least action and is most often used as a supply depot, as well as a place where local leaders across the Valley can hire Wardens to handle tasks less directly tied to defense.

Wardens of Aedenshire have only three military ranks: warden, sentinel, or highguard. Wardens are the rank and file soldiers, while sentinels each command a squad of wardens, and highguards command a stronghold and its company of squads. There are, however, a few secondary ranks within this order: recruits are those who haven't completed their basic training nor taken the Warden's Oath, while senior wardens serve as seconds-in-command of a squad, and senior sentinels are seconds-in-command to the local highguard, handling the management of outposts or smaller buildings of a stronghold. There is also the Highguard-General who commands all Wardens of Aedenshire from his or her tower in Eastfort, though the local highguard manages Eastfort's own forces and operations. The current Highguard-General is Sir Tollen Halford from the Dellmont Barony, while the current highguard of Eastfort is Lars Ollenby from the Ravenshire township, the highguard of Westfort is Alaric Hendersson of the Raisenvell Clan, and the highguard of Southfort is Gremma Dullaxe, a dwarf of the Deepford Delve, and Shethan Ferinas of the elven Frostdale Collective is highguard of Northfort.

The Wardens in Northfort are known for their use of giant eagles and plentiful archers, as well as fusiliers armed with arcanotech firearms. Many elves, humans, and half-elves guard Northfort. The Southfort Wardens are known for using griffons and a small fleet of arcanotech Airships with significant ranged weaponry. Southfort Wardens are primarily humans, but also include many dwarves and gnomes. The Wardens of Westfort are best-known for their use of Golembound soldiers and flight-capable War-Golems. Westfort is occupied largely by humans, orcs, and half-orcs. The Eastfort Wardens are known for their large force of infantry and arcanotech Battlewagons, as well as several Etherweavers and covert units that specialize in sabotage. Eastfort is largely garrisoned by humans, halflings, kyraptyls, and anterrans, but also has many sasquatches and some gnomes.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 am

Is that pacific time PST (UTC -8) and if so do you have room for one more? That would be sunday morning my time and I'm definitely available then.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 am

Uhhh.......I suppose it's UTC-8. Not sure if that'll change when Daylight Savings Time ends, since UTC doesn't have DST.

There might be room for one more player. I'm not sure yet, we've only had a char-gen session so far, not sure how many folks will actually show up this Saturday or have completed characters. I only have about 4? character sheets so far, I think.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:45 pm

You're on the west coast of the USA, right? Anyway, I can make up a character sheet and get it to you before this saturday so ou can let me know what you think.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 am

Further setting details, and more specifics, will be posted as I finish typing them up. Here are a few minor bits of info for this game.

THE LANDS OF TELES

Though the eastern reaches of Teles are a mystery to most westerners, there is some limited trade across the Frostfort Mountains and around the seas. Most western Telesians, however, are only familiar with their own corner of the continent. Western Teles is divided into the Northlands, the Southlands, and the Frostfort Mountains inbetween. Aeden's Valley occupies an important section of the Mountains' western arm, though other, smaller valleys and canyons cross the Frostforts as well.

The Southlands are largely occupied by the Rexian Dominion, now crumbling in the midst of civil war and continued assaults from foreign "barbarians." Other southern lands include the Sunset Kingdoms of the southwest, bordering the seas and occupying the southwestern island chain known as the Sunset Archipelago, plus the elven nations of Seveshrien, Hesanavaal, and Oloscavhi, the serelisk Keslerikkas Conclave, the gnomish Labyrinthland, the anterran Grand Hive, the Snake Sea Freeholds of the inland sea, and the various Fractured Domains formerly held by Rexia, as well as the Free Territories of the southeast where monsters and barbarians run rampant. The Rexian Dominion is lead by humans from ancient Rexia, but many other races and human tribes were conquered by the Dominion and integrated into their civilization as slaves or lower-class citizens. The dominant language of the Southlands is Rexis, but Dorna is common in the Sunset Kingdoms, Korik is heavily used by some of the Fractured Domains, and Leonist remains prominant among the Snake Sea Freeholds as well as some Fractured Domains. Draconic, Elven, and Gnoll are common nonhuman languages of the south.

The Northlands are larger and much more fragmented, with many smaller countries and independent bands of people. The Jotunlund Grafdom, Talonian Dominion, and Free Marches comprise the majority of the Northlands' southern reaches, bordering the western Frostfort Mountains. But several smaller or less-densely-populated countries are prevalent across the northern reaches of Teles. The dwarves, gnomes, goblins, halflings, and many other races originate in the far corners of the Northlands, and their ancient homelands remain in some form or another out there. The Aglinar human barbarians also originate in the north, a dominant civilization (if it could be called that) of ancient times, but many Aglinar ventured south into Aeden's Valley for conquest or were driven southward by relentless giants and orcs. Only scattered remnants of the Aglinar vikings remain in isolated lands of the far north and part of the Free Marches, as well as several clans in Aeden's Valley. Halflings and other races have traveled south over the centuries to explore and trade, but most remain in the north. Besides the Aglinar tongue, other common languages of the Northlands include Sigrine among the Free Marches and northwestern reaches, as well as Tolnan among the central Northlands and parts of the Free Marches. Rexis is the primary language of the Talonian Dominion, but some of its residents still speak Tolnan. Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Gnome, Halfling, and Orc are common nonhuman languages in the north.

RACE EQUIVALENTS

Aleerin: Golemites in this setting. Originally human, golemites were created by early experimentation in arcanotech, as prisoners of the Dominion were forcibly grafted with golemtech limbs and implants. Once the process was refined enough not to be fatal, some of the newer test subjects developed strange qualities as their golemic grafts warped and grew, meshing further with the subjects' flesh and bones. Further experiments on those subjects only resulted in them becoming something different, then breaking free during one of the minor rebellions within Dominion lands. The first golemites had far more mutable forms due to their strangely-altered grafts and implants, managing to pass as human for short periods of time. Although the first generation of golemites eventually went insane and died off one by one, their offspring carried a trace of the golemic implants and developed into a new race. After decades of fighting the Dominion forces that tried to recapture them, golemites managed to find refuge in other lands, including Aedenshire. Golemites resemble humans with minor unusual traits, most notably veins of minerals across their bodies, while further golemic pieces grow within them and support their skeleton and vital organs to some extent. A few have small, obvious plates or protrusions of a mineral nature, such as metal, crystal, or stone. Golemites favor homes in the mountains, as they have a strong appetite for minerals in addition to standard organic fare. Golemites speak Rexis as their racial tongue, due to their origins.

Dralasites: Pseudomorphs in this setting. A minor race of shapechangers related to oozes but possessed of humanoid intellect, possibly a distant link between oozes and phasms. Isolated to small communities in marshlands, river canyons, and gulleys, pseudomorphs interact with other races only occasionally for lack of any significant interest in material trade or conquest. Though curious about humanoid races and cultures, pseudomorphs rarely feel like venturing out to explore them first-hand. Pseudomorphs speak their own language, referred to as Morphian.

Fraal: Gray gnomes in this setting. A small race of inventive and extremely curious humanoids, highly intelligent and adept with all technology, including alchemy and arcanotech. They hail from the depths of primeval forests, where they were forced out after being tainted by contact with mortals, withering their fey nature and turning them gray. The gray gnomes fled into isolated caves and valleys but were unable to regain what they had lost, nor abandon their fascination with other races and technology. So they slowly spread out in exploration and put their sharp, clever minds to work on mastering the secrets of the mortal world. Gray gnomes speak the Gnome language.

Sesheyans: Kyraptyls in this setting. A winged race of batlike humanoids inhabiting the low caves and lowland forests of Teles, reclusive and primitive but quite peaceful. Often recruited for covert operations abroad thanks to their stealth, flight, and patience. Kyraptyls speak the Auran language.

T'sa: Serelisks in this setting. A frenetic race of small lizardfolk, curious and gregarious but impulsive, often a danger to themselves. They lack the physical might, sharp claws, and powerful jaws of their larger kin, but serelisks are talented at using and modifying technology, so they quickly adopted arcanotech after stealing it from the Rexian Dominion. Serelisks are largely responsible for spreading arcanotech beyond the Dominion's military, due to their brisk trade with other races and utter disregard for Dominion laws. They lurk in jungles, forests, and other reasonably warm, sheltered locations, such as caves near hotsprings. Serelisks speak Draconic.

Vrusk: Anterrans in this setting. A race of antlike people that live under the plains and forests of Teles, though a few of their colonies sport towers aboveground for trade with other folk. Trade and expansion of the hive is very important to anterran life. Anterrans speak their own language, Anterran.

Werens: Sasquatches in this setting. Big, hairy humanoids with an overbite and short tusks, living among the mountains and highland forests of Teles. Primitive and somewhat reclusive, not as warlike as orcs, but willing to fight for others as mercenaries or when honor-bound by a life-debt. Sasquatches speak the Giant tongue.

Yazirians: Felinar in this setting. Tall, wiry, catlike humanoids with striped and spotted patterns in their fur, as well as batlike wing-flaps between their arms, legs, and torso. Fierce and combative, felinar hail from the Northlands and are traditional enemies of most other Northland races. Several prides of felinar traveled south to escape these feuds and others were exiled after losing feuds with rival prides. Felinar speak their own language, Felinar.

Last edited by Arkhandus on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:53 am

Hey Arkhandus,
I just sent a pm to you with character details, still getting used to these forums so I'm not sure if it sent properly, please let me know when you receive it.
Thanks,
Luke

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:40 am

I'll be looking it over in a moment. I'm finishing up char-gen check-ups and Aedenshire background info right now, before the first game session today.

Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next