View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 D&D 3.5 campaigns on Sundays (now on hiatus) 

Post D&D 3.5 campaigns on Sundays (now on hiatus)
Hey folks, I'm looking to recruit a few more players for my ongoing Sunday campaign of 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons!

Also, I'm looking to start another campaign to replace the old, early-Sunday game which just ended. The new campaign may or may not be in the same day/timeslot, depending on group concensus.

Ark's Oerth Adventures has ended, but previously ran from 10 am Pacific/6 pm GMT until 3 pm Pacific/11 pm GMT (I started it initially for players in Europe and thereabouts, who had difficulty finding a game).

(EDIT: The Oerth campaign has ended due to an unfortunate TPK. So now I'm looking for folks to show up on Sunday and discuss what new campaign should replace it, and in what day/time slot. We'll need at least one or two new players for the new campaign I think. Discussion will be had around 12 noon Pacific and 4 pm Pacific in the lobby of the OpenRPG Dev II server this Sunday.)
(EDIT 2: The T13K game has now also ended at least temporarily, after a few players had to drop out. Fall of the 14th Kingdom may resume if we can recover the lost players on Sundays or perhaps Saturdays in the future.)

T13K: Fall of the 14th Kingdom runs from 6 pm Pacific until 9 or 10 pm Pacific, and is still ongoing.

T13K: Fall of the 14th Kingdom has been running for a year or two already, and the PCs are all around 10th-level now, so new PCs would be entering at ECL 9, probably with 40,000 XP and 40,000 GP in starting wealth. 32 point buy for ability scores as detailed in the DMG. Max HP for 1st and 2nd level, 75% of max HP from each additional Hit Die, rounded up on even-numbered levels and rounded down on odd-numbered levels. Average starting gold for 8th-level as noted in the DMG. This campaign is a long-term game expected to run until 20th-level or the low-Epic levels.

This campaign is entirely custom adventures, based in part on what choices the PCs make and where they choose to go, but with an overarching plotline that is gradually steering them towards the central conflict approaching: will they fight to preserve the 14th Kingdom, or join the invaders in destroying the 14th Kingdom, or just try to take whatever riches and magic items they can in the chaos and escape the 14th Kingdom's collapse? So far the party is a mix of neutral and good PCs, more or less all foreigners with no stake in the 14th Kingdom (though that latter part could change), fairly mercenary and direct rather than taking the more political/investigative/covert adventure hooks I've presented.

That game currently has a lizardman Blue Dragon Shaman, a male wood elf Evoker Wizard, a male dark elf Swashbuckler/Lurk, a male halfling Rogue, and a lizardwoman Cleric/Crusader/Dark Dragon Knight (renamed Ruby Knight Vindicator prestige class for followers of Naeron).

T13K: Fot14K needs 1 or 2 new players. Some minor restrictions on useable books (most 3.0 and 3.5 material acceptable, DM's approval needed for individual pieces of rules-material, only a few books banned outright like the SC, MIC, BoED, BoVD, MoI, ToM, and RC). Some minor houserule tweaks for a handful of classes, spells, feats, and powers. This campaign runs in a setting called The 13 Kingdoms, which has largely faded away from EN World and the rest of the Internet over the last few years, but a few groups still run with it. The T13K Setting Guide PDF was a free download, but the T13K website shut down a few years ago, so I can just e-mail the PDF to anyone who would like a copy. It is not entirely necessary for this particular campaign, but does have some custom races, feats, spells, items, and prestige classes related to The 13 Kingdoms, along with info on the deities, organizations, and nations of the main setting.

T13K is Open Game Content, and the base setting is kind of limited, but my Fall of the 14th Kingdom campaign takes place in a non-canonical region that isn't so limited (psionics, blade magic, and other wierd stuff is found in my custom addition to the setting). The 14th Kingdom is Rinkai Tsukari, a sort of Japan-equivalent in the setting, located on an eastern continent called Rusa. However, it's an immigrant country of refugees, exiles, heretics, escaped slaves, and other folk from the 13 Kingdoms, so Rinkai Tsukari has a lot of districts that are dominated by the quasi-European or quasi-Middle Eastern cultures of the 13 Kingdoms. PCs can hail from the mainland or the island nations, or might be natives of Rinkai Tsukari instead, at the players' option.

I can provide further information on the campaign if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Arkhandus on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 am

Post Re: D&D 3.5 campaigns on Sundays, need more players!
sorry for all the delays, but I'm ready for this weekend, I try to e-mail you to keep you posted on my status. and I no longer have my paladin on file so I'm either going to need you to send him to me or I'll bring in a warlock instead, up to you.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:35 am

I should be able to manage both campaigns in my schedule. If you have any preference on classes, just let me know. You can either just reply here or send me an email at mm114606@ohio.edu . I can get characters done tonight or tomorrow for this sunday easily.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 pm

bump.....we need another good fun player for Sunday nights!

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

Hmmm, I can play! If you don't mind the insane mage ;) And I also need a better way to keep in contact with you guys other than E-Mail (hate doing that with DM's or my players, feels too slow and most of the time they can't check their emails in time) I have several IM's Batman.mtweb@yahoo.com (Yahoo) Batman.m.t.web@hotmail.com (MSN) Batman.m.t.web (Skype) Batmanmtweb (AIM) If you want add me! I'm really intrested! But I was wondering if you were using Pathfinder rules too? Pathfinder is nearly DnD's twin, just with a few extra tid bits here and there :D

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 am
Profile YIM WWW

sorry - we are playing pretty much straight 3.5 with most 3.5 stuff allowed. Ark bans things that are a bit out of balance but most reasonable stuff is allowed.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 am

Oh ok, well I've already joined a different game, sorry.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am
Profile YIM WWW

Are you still looking for another player (or more?) ? I know a few people looking for games I can ask, but as to myself the 14th kingdom one sounds like it could be interesting. Would have to see the setting guide and any other info you want to give, but thinking possibly a bow-using rogue/assassin as something you don't already have? But I can think of some other charecter ideas if you'd prefer, or join the other campaign if this one is full.

Off the top of my head, I'm aware assassin normally has an evil-alignment requirement, if that requirement is enforced (and guessing evil wouldn't go well with rest of the party) than I can not do that, though keeping it as concept without the class would be nice. As for non-core rules, what is your opinion on Targetteer alternate-fighter class from dragon magazine 310?

c21h22n2o2strychnine@gmail.com or Racoras@yahoo.com are both good contacts

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 am

Thanks for letting me join with you guys. I had fun. I'm looking forward to our next game.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:43 am

Well, Zainen's PC joined the group this week and Shinigami's will join in a week or two when he's ready..... We could still use one more player for the Sunday game at 6 pm Pacific (T13K: Fot14K).

The earlier Sunday game looks to be full now, though it's possible someone might drop out, for all I know (we've only had one session with the new players, so I can't be certain yet about how consistent they'll be).

Rone, as tomm said, we use 3.5 rules, and I don't use any Instant Messengers (I don't even remember my old ICQ password). Just e-mail, though I also check this forum and the EN World forums. I just bought Psionics Unleashed from Dreamscarred Press, though, so I might consider running a Pathfinder campaign on some other day.

Racoras, the Fall of the 14th Kingdom campaign is currently lacking in ranged-weapon or roguish characters, although the swashbuckler/lurk is reasonably sneaky and the new warlock can turn invisible, so the group does have some sneaks. Also, yes, the evil alignment restriction of the Assassin PrC would be enforced, but the Fot14K campaign is open to evil PCs so long as they can cooperate with the group's neutral and good PCs, and have some reason in-character to go along with them. Backstabbing traitors and insane killers/destroyers need not apply. But evil PCs with some sanity and at least a minor sense of loyalty or cooperation might be acceptable. The group isn't all goody-goody, but it does include two slightly or moderately good-aligned PCs. I'll send you the T13K Setting Guide PDF so you can check it out, as well as the short list of houserules for my Fot14K campaign (basically a few class tweaks and little else).

As it happens, I don't have Dragon Magazine issue #310. I never got a subscription, so I only have the issues that I bought off the bookstore shelves at Borders or Waldenbooks over the years. I still have a majority of the issues from 2001 onward, but not all. So anything from issue #310 would be unavailable in my game.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:00 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next