View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Timeout on Minis 

Post Timeout on Minis
Not sure if this is the right place to post about this but if its not hopefully someone will be kind enough to direct me elsewhere.

I run OpenRPG 1.8.0. I think since my group and I upgraded from 1.7.8 we started having an issue with our minis not loading. It is inconsistent which minis load and don't load, a mini that loads for me won't load for someone else and will appear as fetching. Refreshing minis normally doesn't help and often makes things worst. Flushing the Image Cache seems to help sort of. If I flush it after I've opened a few a map or two it just locks up completely, the debug window has no output. If I flush as soon as OpenRPG loads up then load up a map it is much more likely to pull down all the images.

When the debug window is open and the images fail they eventually say Time Out: <URL> . Other info that might be useful, I run on XP32 but we have people running on Vista as well and I think one guy even runs on Linux and we are all experiencing the same problem. I'm pretty sure python version is 2.5 not sure how to find the wx version.

Any advise? Has anyone else had a similar issue? Thanks.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:26 am

Post Re: Timeout on Minis
Odd that you all have the same problem. I wonder if the images are themselves special in some way. But if this happened just after you all updated to 1.8.0 it might be a problem with Python 2.5 Do you all use Python 2.5? We're recommending Python 2.6 and wxPython 2.8.10.1 and I do recall that at least some code may not work with Python 2.4 and possibly Python 2.5 but don't recall that images were part of that.

Try installing 1.8.0 from the windows installer fresh -- which will load up those versions of Python -- you don't have to delete the old installation as having multiple copies of OpenRPG no longer causes issues. See if a fresh install does any better.

Or if you prefer to install Python 2.6 by hand there's a link for it here (you can use the links in the second message):
http://www.rpgobjects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=496&p=4319#p4319

To find out what you wxPython version is you can run the program "system_check.py" and then look in the file, "openrpg_sysinfo.txt"

For example I have:

OpenRPG System Info 08-16-10
OpenRPG Version: 1.8.1
OpenRPG Build: 100505-00
Python: 2.6.2 (r262:71605, Apr 14 2009, 22:40:02) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
wxPython Version: 2.8.10.1
Platform: Microsoft-Windows-32bit-WindowsPE

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:48 am

If that doesn't work, or you can try this first if you like, try posting the URL of some of these failing images here so I can check them. But that would be unlikely to be the problem if it is the same images you have had prior to all upgrading to 1.8.0

Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:49 am

We are all on Python 2.5.

I'll try a fresh install tonight.

Thanks for the help.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:53 pm