View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:18 pm

help with maps 

Post help with maps
i am trying to create maps in paint and then use them in openrpg. I am computer literate, but not a wizard as you will see below:

i know that orpg needs .xml files, which i understand is some tpye of internet file. paint has no way of saving it as an xml. i want to make a standard map thats 10,000 pixels square so i can use a grid size of 100pixels and always shrink my mini images to 100 pixels to have them fit in the grid. if i upload the images to photobucket and then import them into orpg, the background does not come in at the appropriate size, but instead at the shrunk preview size that pb shows. is there any advice for getting my images into xml but keeping the correct size when i upload them.

thank you

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 am

Post Re: help with maps
Yeah. You are just using the wrong link from photobucket. Open doesn't scale images unless you tell it too.

Send me Traipse OpenRPG Ideas, Bugs, Complaints, Praises here: https://getsatisfaction.com/mml

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:21 am
Profile YIM WWW

I had this problem when I first started too, it's not Openrpg it's photo bucket.

When you upload to PB it's rescaling your map image.

When you upload you need to click on where it says "more options".

Set your file size to the maximum. Which I believe is 1 MB. If your file is larger than 1 MB then you need to compress it someway like lowering the resolution. If the file is larger than 1MB PB will rescale it down to the smaller size and screw you up.

Finding the more option button is the biggest problem. It's usually under the big "upload images and video" button. at the end of the sentence. "Tip: Hold down CommandCTRL to select multiple files. (more options)"

Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Ah. I have had that issue with photobucket too. Thanks Paul.

Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 pm